What are you Watching/Reading Q2 2019

Murren

Re: What are you Watching/Reading Q2 2019

Post by Murren » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:49 am

I took a break from anime for a few months or so. I got back into it watching Nana. I just finished Nana tonight. A lot of parts of it were in my opinion absolutely beautiful and amazing. It was an interesting show. At times there was a bit more drama than I like. It is an emotional/drama/romance/serious slice-of-life show (with a fair share of humor). It was a very good show. Characters, story, relationships, music, etc. I'll have to think over how high it will be on my all-time favorites list, but it will be pretty high. It was very good, and a lot of parts of it moved me very much. It was beautiful. And the music was very good and added a lot to the show.

Also, a side note, it's funny that I watched Golden Time shortly before watching Nana, because it seems that the supporting character Nana from Golden Time is based on one of the main characters (Osaki Nana) from Nana. She has basically the same appearance, style, music, behavior, and even the same voice pretty much (though it is a different VA). Whoever decided to include her must have liked the original Nana.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:34 am

Two extraverts, kendo, first years, what more do you want? Comedy!

Do Chokkyuu Kareshi x Kanojo Lolz.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

LogicalLube

Post by LogicalLube » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 am

Just started watching Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri before Hulu yoinks it, but if not, I have other sources..

mostlyharmless

Post by mostlyharmless » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:07 pm

Can't believe I'm still watching the hackneyed & apathetic "Kenja no Mago", but I get a kick out of hearing the hero's girlfriend's name "Sizilien". She ain't lean and has no sizzle, but reminds me of '80's Sizzlean bacon:
https://www.brandedinthe80s.com/6466/an ... -the-fakon

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:44 pm

There's a reason why they don't make Sizzlelean anymore.... :roll: I haven't watched Kenja no Mago, but I do have them on my MAL Fantasy Anime League, and they've done well enough for me to currently be #37 out of 900..... :mrgreen:

Murren

Post by Murren » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:07 pm

I have been watching Galaxy Angel. Just started season 2. What a perfect cute girl comedy show. It's pretty high on my favorites list now.

Other shows I'm sort of watching on and off:

Kimi Ni Todoke - adorable lighthearted romance show/kinda comedy

Kimi No Iru Machi - looks like a good slice of life so far

Cowboy Bebop - my first time watching, I understand that this is considered by many to be the best anime ever made (or at least one of the best) - and it hasn't disappointed! I am only a few episodes in. I am not surprised that it is great, but I was surprised that it started great from the very beginning (just because I know some shows start slow - but this one didn't!)

Mirai Nikki - only 1 episode in, but looks good.

Yuyushiki - cute fun show
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:50 am

(reading o/l ofc)
Solo Leveling - imagine The Gamer, darker.

Hanebado - girls playing badminton.

Baby Steps - one guy's road to tennis glory.

The Promised Neverland - how did this go under my radar for so long? Maybe bc of the cute-ass cover picture. The content is not that cute as it seems, don't go if you get nightmares.

... meanwhile, The Seven Deadly Sins refused to finish or were kick-booted up at the last moment, and I feel jinxed.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Finally finished One Punch Man S2. May it rest in peace.

Liked the ending to Dororo, Shield Hero was meh.

Carole and Tuesday's writing went south during the Mars Idol arc, but Galactic Mermaid will forever be a legend... ;)

Couldn't stop eating up Fruits Basket like the sweet confection like it was(mostly).

Bokuben suffered a lot because the plot moved at a snail's pace, and had to get its share of fanservice in. Asumi's arrival helped spice things up alot, thankfully. Sekijou Best Girl.

Isekai Quartet was the funniest show this season, looking forward to S2.

Kimetsu no Yaiba was an entertaining watch. How can one not love Nezuko?

Senko-San was good, but Sora-San would've been better...... ;)

Bungo Stray Dogs S3 was OK. The writing was not as sharp as they wanted you to believe it was.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:54 pm

omoikane wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:17 pm
Miku is best btw.
Yotsuba. ;)

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:26 pm

Spy X Family is probably like my favourite manga now. And you can read it for free, legally on Shueisha's Manga Plus website.

I dropped Fairy Gone at some point, decided to binge the rest of it and my life was not at all enriched by the experience. I also dropped Bocchi at some point. Maybe I'll watch the rest of it, maybe I won't, but I read the manga anyway so I'm not exactly missing out.

As for the new stuff....

Fire Force is looking quite nice.

Lord El-Melloi will either be good or really pretentiously cringey.

I think I will enjoy Cop Craft.

Sounan desu ka is kinda amusing but the character designs are so reminiscent of some hentai I've watched before...

Symphogear XV is the only reason I haven't flung myself off a cliff.