What are you Watching/Reading Q4 2018

Yl33 D4 N00b

Re: What are you Watching/Reading Q4 2018

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:13 am

Finished Zombieland Saga. It was better when it was zombies trying to be idols, instead of idols that happened to be zombies. The CGI was hard to watch too, but I can't trash the show because of that. Tae still best girl of the Fall season. ;)

Just started Shinsekai yori. Not getting into it yet. Not sure if it's just trying to be dark for the sake of being dark or not.

Murren

Post by Murren » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:44 pm

I started watching Golden Time. I love it so far.

And I forgot to say in my last post, that I started watching Girls und Panzer. This one is great and fun and cute, which is no surprise!

I also realized, when I watch a show too quickly, or watch too much of a show at once, I think it usually has a negative effect on how much I enjoy the show, because it kind of becomes an overload and it gets too saturated - like, watching the show becomes like being in a room that's too stuffy and humid. I need a breath of fresh air. But if I spread it out over time, like watching 1-2 episodes at a time, once every 1-2 days, or something like that, I think it has a better effect on me. And I say this because I think my reaction to Haibane Renmei was partially influenced by this. I'm not totally sure. I feel like I maybe would have felt more moved and connected to the characters if I had spread it out over time, instead of watching it in like 3 or 4 nights.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:47 pm

I just read what's available of Q.E.D. and liked it.
The way whoever wrote it, has their way into world of especially science, mathematics etc. I was left dumbstruck :) not knowing what's real and what's not... Politics, business and such... also interesting though I could care less 'bout those.

... Anyone knows whether there be a continuation? Or did QED and CMB join permanently? Meh I probably should read CMB now.

Girls and Panzer I read too (earlier) and uh... maybe because I used to live in a country that almost each of those (german and russian especially) tanks passed through, I just can't connect to the premise of that ... or maybe because I once upon a time closed my WoT account giving as a reason, because I could not take its premise any more... after watching Full Metal Jacket? Yeah sorry. Still dunno which one is it.

Also pardon my taste, 29 to JK caught my attention...

Also Mousou Telepathy got restarted and looks promising.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:48 am

29 to JK could only be done in japan, lol! Surprisingly, this one is more about corporate culture than forbidden love. Not bad!

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Oogami-san, Dadamore desu is a weird twist, but OK ... I think ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:08 pm

Finished Tokyo Ghoul: Re S2. I should get a badge, but I'm not sure it should be for perseverance, or stupidity..... :roll:

It's hard liking Shinsekai yori. Main group of kids are not that good, character-wise.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:27 am

Finished Shinsekai yori; it was Ok. Squealer was the best character, IMO.

Also finished Irozuku Sekai. It ended OK, one of the better one cour efforts PA has done. Would like to see a "reunion" OVA.....