Dragonball helps with my depression

nathanjame

Dragonball helps with my depression

Post by nathanjame » Mon May 07, 2018 11:18 pm

<snip>spammer stuff in vietnamese</snip>

edit and banhammered by paarfi
Last edited by nathanjame on Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Re: Dragonball helps with my depression

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue May 08, 2018 2:33 am

Dragonball doesn't really do anything for me, but watching anime keeps me from choking the fuck out of my coworkers, so I know where you're coming from......if there was a thumbs up smiley, I'd put it here..... 8-)

omoikane
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by omoikane » Tue May 08, 2018 3:57 pm

yeah i've heard story over the years about some drastic stuff. but sometimes anime helps pass the time, put a smile on my face, helps me relax after work, helps to cheer me up after a sad thing that happened, etc. i think the little things matters too, and it adds up over the years.

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue May 08, 2018 4:37 pm

When my daughter was thirteen, a friend of hers of about the same age died of cancer. She was taking it pretty hard and I was at a loss what (if anything) I could do. (Death of an older family member is one thing, death of a child is unbearable no matter what the circumstances.) So one night (rather desperate) I said hey, let's watch Code Geass. (I had got her Angelic Layer a few years before that, which she loved, and had been planning to start showing her other anime I liked, but we hadn't gotten around to it.)

Not sure if it actually helped but for a few weeks we were able to think about something else for a bit. We bawled like crazy at the end of the last episode (her for the first time, me because Nunnally's last lines always get to me :lol:), but it's an uplifting kind of ending despite all the tragedy it's embedded in...

Not exactly the same situation of course, and sorry for not being familiar with Dragonball. But I definitely understand the sentiment, and whatever works for you I think that's a good thing.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one