What are you watching Q1 2018

Yl33 D4 N00b

Re: What are you watching Q1 2018

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:03 am

I would like to meet the dumbass that decided ReLIFE: Final Arc should be only four episodes, and bitchslap him. :evil: After compressing about 110 chapters in four episodes, the whole thing has the feel of a recap episode. Just the highlights please, don't stress any real plot or character development. Using silhouettes for the non player students (blue for boys, pink for girls, even) just made it look all the cheaper, along with the same OP.

Fortunately, the source material(the web manga just ended) was strong enough to prevent further mutilation; It didn't end like the web manga, but was close enough. Thank God it wasn't an anime original ending, as was originally rumored.

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:14 pm

Season's ending.

I kept up with everything except for Mitsuboshi Colors and Mahoutsukaii no Yome. Nothing wrong with those shows, but having read the manga just took the fire out of them. They weren't quite good enough for me to want to go for a round 2 and I found myself mostly getting distracted or leaving it on while doing other stuff.

I started watching B: The Beginning. It's alright and has nice production values, but it feels like there's too many elements jumbled together. With the fantasy thing going on, the cops and stuff. I'm about a third way through, it's good enough that I'll keep watching.

[edit]

Binged the rest of B. I think I would have liked it better if it was just about the RIS doing cop things. Not a fan of Keith's deduction powers which really might as well have been magic. Still don't think the supernatural side of the story meshed particularly well with the cop side and a lot of happenings just felt very convenient. While I kinda liked the tone of the show the departure from teenage characters(well half of it anyway), as a whole it felt like it had a bit of an identity disorder.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:00 am

Wrapping winter up before Omo starts a new thread....

Sangatsu no Lion S2, is to me, one of the best, if not the best, series I've ever seen. Kudos to Shaft for a most excellent work.

Overlord drug on too long with the Lizard arc, then went in all kinds of directions with the plot. Not as good as their first season.

Ancient Magus' Bride was okay, I guess. It was best when dealing with dragons and faeries, not s much with the Cartaphillus arc.

Violet Evergarden Looked better than it played. Still, kudos to the anime team for
SpoilerShow
keeping Gilbert dead.
Kokkoku kept to its' stupid plot to the very end. I should either get a medal or get mercilessly mocked for finishing it. :roll:

Yuru Camp excelled at giving the viewer a place to chill and have a good time.

Kinda half-assed watching Darling in the Franxx. Not a big fan of "The System Exploiting Teens With Mecha While Said Teens Act Angsty" series.

Takagi-san was pretty much a broken record, but it was a pretty good song. The EDs were a highlight, too.

After the Rain was pretty good, especially given the premise.

damaskrose

Post by damaskrose » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:02 am

What are you going to watch this Spring season?
Current Project: Off-road recovery truck | Toyo tires and Suspension Lift kit installation.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:35 am

So far, Tokyo Ghoul:re, Tada Doesn't Fall in Love, and Megalo Box(which is really good, so far).

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:21 pm

So, new season.

Hinamatsuri - It looks nice and is well animated, but the timing and pacing just feels kinda off. So it ain't quite as hilarious as the manga, and instead feels a more iyashikei sorta laid back. Not sure what to think, gonna keep watching for now.

Amanchu Advance! - Nice to see Minori Suzuki of Macross Delta Freyja Wion get more songs. Hopefully she keeps it up instead of sputtering out and vanishing like Megumi did. But back on topic, it's more of the same old. It's alright.

Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi - I thought it was going to be Isekai Shokudou + Natsume Yuujinchou but instead I got an otome game adaptation. Only it isn't an otome game adaptation but is a light novel adaptation. It's so dripping in josei I'm not sure I can handle it, but it looks like we are actually getting to the "yadomeshi" part of the show in episode 2 so maybe I'll give it the 3 episode run.

Hoozuki no Reitetsu 2 - Same old, still entertaining.

Gundam Build Divers - It isn't quite hitting the same notes with me as the first Build Fighters. While I don't mind VR gunpla battles, seriously who cares about the context as long as I get my fanservice dream matchups - I'm not sure about the whole MMO setting. Losing Yasuda for the character designs also makes me a bit sad. After Try was largely disappointing, I'm gonna keep my expectations low for this one.

Still planning to watch a bunch of other stuff as they come out. Probably give Juushinki Pandora a look just to see what shenanigans Kawamori is up to. I saw pages of Golden Kamui being posted around 4chan and I thought it looked interesting so maybe I'll give the anime a look. Probably give Wotakoi a look cause I enjoyed the manga but my experience with watching something I have read so far hasn't been good. FMP's kinda a case of too little too late and I'm super apprehensive about xebec doing it with 3D robots, but will watch cause I watched the previous ones. Will probably check out Uma Musume Derby but only because PA Works is doing it....

Last Season Leftovers -

Basilisk Ouka Ninpochou - I have no goddamn clue why I'm still watching this beyond that there's goddamn nothing else to watch on the day it comes out. I'm finding it very dull and forgettable. Hachiro has the personality of a brick wall.

Darlifra - It's alright but I'm still hoping for Guilty Crown/Valvrave/CrossAnge level shitstorm. The 4chan discussions are more entertaining than the show itself. So much rage about cuck this and cuck that.

Card Captor - No more Maaya Sakamoto theme. Sad. But hey another Minori Suzuki song. Seriously needs to pick up the pace. Was the original show this absolutely glacial? Maybe it was but I lived with it cause I binge watched it as opposed to weekly.