New Idolmaster Anime

Murren

New Idolmaster Anime

Post by Murren » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:27 am

Looks like we'll be getting another Idolmaster anime! Of Idolmaster Million Live.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/ph ... ?t=3151788

Apparently the anime will be produced by a CG studio - and there are varying opinions on how that will turn out. I personally don't have much aversion to CG, as long as the design of the characters themselves is still cute. Some discussion has mentioned about how part of Idolmaster's charm has been the absence of CG*. We'll see how it turns out. With the amount of love I have for Idolmaster, I'm certainly going to check out the anime, and I hope it will be something I can enjoy.

Also, given that I love the girls of 765Pro far more than any other Idolmaster characters I know of (other than Minami in my avatar), I'm so glad to see an anime that will include them. I don't know how much each character will be included, since there are 50 idols, but I will be so glad to see some of my favorite idols again. I really hope the anime turns out well. I wasn't too bewitched by the Cinderella Girls anime, but I thought Side M was great, and the first Idolmaster anime is my favorite anime of all time, so I'm hoping the Million Live anime has great results.

*Although there's been an absence of CG, and having re-watched the Idolmaster movie recently, I can't help but laugh at the scene where they rotoscoped a scene of 2 girls picking up a pile of snacks. It's just so bizarre and random, that that was the ONE scene that they rotoscoped.

Edit - I'm a little drunk, but I was looking at the ending sequence/the arena concert in the movie as well - in the zoomed out parts, that was rotoscoped as well, wasn't it? At first I was thinking it was CG, but looking at it more closely, I think that was rotoscoped as well. So I guess picking up snacks wasn't the ONLY scene that they rotoscoped - but I'm still laughing my head off that they rotoscoped a scene of 2 girls picking up snacks...
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Yl33 D4 N00b

Re: New Idolmaster Anime

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:16 am

Hope the sequences are better done than the ones on Zombieland Saga.....

DaRk_KnIgHt

Re: New Idolmaster Anime

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:34 am

I'll probably end up checking it out but I never really found it in me to bother keeping up with Million Live. My brain's already full from 765 and Cinderella Girls, and nowadays I got Hololive entering that same brain space.

I have nothing against 3DCG if they manage to do it well, but problem is they usually never do it well because 3D is used more as a cost saving measure than for its own merits. If it's gonna be 3D, might as well take advantage of that fact and be braver with the camera work. But well, in a sense we are going back to the original form - that being the original 3D games which started it all?

I wonder how heavily the 765 girls will even be featured even if they are in the ML game. The trailer isn't much go off but I get the feeling it'll focus on those three girls a la Uzuki/Rin/Mio in CG. Or at least they will be the vehicle we're riding through the show.

I'm more waiting for the new game than anything else.