What are you watching/reading Q1 2020?

cidjen

Re: What are you watching/reading Q1 2020?

Post by cidjen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:28 am

There was a manga I could not recall the title of.

It started appearing where I read them around a month ago.

I was looking forward to seeing the next one... but I forgot the title.

Today, I saw it again.

It ended, apparently.

It was a short (only 6 chapters) and intensive story.

I don't want to forget its title again.

It's called Hello, hello and hello.

If it was longer, it would be in the league of Kimi No Na wa. Oh wait, that one was too too short.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:03 pm

Ishuzoku Reviewers - It is so unabashedly shameless that it ends up being rather fun. Definitely not everybody's cup of tea granted.

Dorohedoro - I'm quite enjoying this.

Kyokou Suiri - Feels like the latest attempt at a -monogatari type show. Probably would've enjoyed it a lot more 5 years ago. Too much talking and not enough getting to the point. Solves mysteries like Dragonball does fights.

SBR Marshmellow Boogaloo - It's alright I guess, not quite liking it as much as the first.

Chihayafuru - It is more Chihayafuru.

Heya Camp - I need season 2.

Was planning to watch Eizouken and 22/7 at some point but just never did.

I think I left a bunch of stuff unfinished from last year.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:35 pm

After the rain has ended...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:05 am

cidjen wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:35 pm
After the rain has ended...
I was wondering when the last of it was going to be translated. It had lost a lot of steam after the anime ended.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:10 am

It's probably not a classic YET but (I think) it has the signs of becoming one : Buzzy Noise. I hope it won't end too early.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Murren

Post by Murren » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:46 am

Started watching Kobato - a guy on MAL (who had a signature that I liked) had Kobato listed as his favorite show and his favorite character, so I decided to check it out. It is sooo cute.

Started watching Number 24 - cute and fun yaoi show. Plus, rugby's pretty cool.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:37 am

I checked out Buzzy Noise, and it struck me more as an angsty Millenial piece than anything, so after reading the 35 chapters out so far, I dropped it.

TarsTarkas

Post by TarsTarkas » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:39 pm

In/Spectre and that Eizouken.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:37 am

Moutele! seems like is back? Yay :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:19 am

It only just started, but I like the art and story already - a story about art college girls that doesn't seem to be echhi or hellbent on looking for love, and art looks balanced (no explicit nudity) (yet… it's only been 3 chapters) (instead, the female protagonist has some issues) Hoshi Akari Graphics .
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:13 pm

Bleach mangaka Kubo has a new one shot on VIZ called Burn the Witches, set in the Bleach universe. Not very impressed; the art is OK, but the writing is too tropey.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:39 pm

Finished Darwin's Game. It's an entertaining watch, if you don't take it seriously.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:20 am

The lockdown is affecting a lot of what we can do,
But don't take City of Love Prison (City of imprisoned love) as a reference m-kay?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Murren

Post by Murren » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:18 am

Speaking of lockdowns, I've been binging some stuff.

I've been marathoning 3-gatsu no Lion (March Comes In Like A Lion). It's a really good show. I don't think I'd really recommend marathoning it though. But it's really good.

Started watching a few new shows:

Lucky Star - cool chill cute girl show.

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu - looking to be a really cute romance show.

Runway de Waratte (Smile Down the Runway) - I've found that the reasons I like this show are: 1) I'm enamored with physical beauty, and a show about modeling and the fashion industry is going to have tons of it, and 2) I quite like the relationships in the show. As far as the story and the drama, there's a lot of anime cliche "I'll achieve my dream no matter what" and people yelling with excitement about it, lmao. But the show has maintained my interest. It was Paradise Kiss (which I think is a better show) that got me interested in watching another show about the fashion industry.

Oh, and that reminds me - I'm watching Chihayafuru (season 1), and I wish they could tone down the yelling, lmao. Sometimes it's overdone in my opinion. But still liking the show overall. Also, a random thing I'm impressed with -- in some scenes (but not all), when the reader is singing the poem on a single tone, I'm pretty sure that they deliberately arranged it so that the reader is singing on a pitch that matches with the background music. It has a really cool effect. It seems to be present in episode 11 (about 11-12 minutes in), and episode 4 (about 14-18 minutes in).

Oh, I recently finished watching Suzuka. I really liked it. Also, it was really cute to see Suzuka 2 decades older in the loosely related sequel, Fuuka. I wish they had adapted more of the manga (Suzuka) into an anime. I don't read manga (I'm not much of a reader...), I just read about the plot after watching the anime.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:31 pm

Murren wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:18 am
Runway de Waratte (Smile Down the Runway) - I've found that the reasons I like this show are: 1) I'm enamored with physical beauty, and a show about modeling and the fashion industry is going to have tons of it, and 2) I quite like the relationships in the show. As far as the story and the drama, there's a lot of anime cliche "I'll achieve my dream no matter what" and people yelling with excitement about it, lmao. But the show has maintained my interest. It was Paradise Kiss (which I think is a better show) that got me interested in watching another show about the fashion industry.
The manga also seems to be 'quite interesting' :) tried out of your recommendation, got hook'd...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:03 am

The art style of Koi Wo Shiranai Bokutachi Wa seems strangely similar to Horimiya, as far as I can read, the writing somehow resembles it too. Yet the listed author isn't any of those of Horimiya. Hmm.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:25 pm

Lockdown led me to binge some random stuff of previous seasons and watch movies I forgot about.

ID Invaded - Interesting while it lasted I suppose but I don't think it'll leave much of a mark on my memory.

Pet - Found this rather entertaining, even the amount of awfully spoken Mandarin was somewhat amusing. I quite enjoyed how one of the characters was pulling a whole mastermind act in his head, only to have nothing work out at all.

Hakumei to Mikochi - It basically showed up as a clip used in some youtube video about something not related to anime whatsoever, but the video cited the sources for all the random clips it used and I thought it looked interesting even though it was like 2 seconds. So I watched it and I can't believe this flew under my nose. My sorta jam. I hope it gets another season, but not holding my breath with most adaptations nowadays just being 12/13 episode long promos for the source material. It's a nice more fantastical take on slice of life where 'humans' are absolutely tiny and live alongside intelligent animals and insects. Also lots of food and drink. Never realized Aoi Yuuki could sing like that too. Probably too used to her Symphogear performance but nice to hear a wider range from her.

Euphonium Movie 3 - Yay, more Euphonium. Kanade's a fiesty lass. Seems kinda odd that we're blasting through a whole Kitauji year in a movie while the previous year had 26 episodes to cover it. But I suppose we can avoid spinning the same wheels and with the '2nd' years also having graduated by the time of a season 3, there should be more new characters to drive the story with. I hope KyoAni recovers well enough to do a season 3.

Code Geass R3 - It's more Code Geass I suppose! Does feel like somewhat pointless fanservice but I enjoyed it all the same. I think there were a lot of mixed feelings regarding it but eh whatever.

Been also been binge reading random manga/manwha. Reading a lot of Asano Inio stuff. Ah, his stuff is so.... sticky and messy(wonder if there's a better way to describe it). Went through a bunch of his shorter works, Oyasumi Bunbun and whatever there is of Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction. I enjoyed myself, but I think I need a shot of moe to cleanse myself somewhat. There's only so much angst I can put myself through.

===

As for new Q2 stuff....

Houkago Teibou Nisshi - Another school club of girls doing stuff. This time it's fishing. Enjoying it thus far. There's a certain mundane-ness about it that I like.

Nami yo Kiitekure - I'm enjoying the rapid fire speaking of the protagonist. Hope the seiyuu gets paid extra for the sheer amount of lines she has to do!

Fugou Keiji Balance - UNLIMITED - I enjoyed the first episode but it's so ham.

Kakushigoto - Man the second episode sure tugged on the heartstrings with the scene of the boxes. The familiar Kumeta artstyle sure is nostalgic. Was Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei really that goddamn long ago? They even got Kamiya Hiroshi to voice the protag which reminds of of SZS all the more.

Fruits Basket S2 - I know how it all ends but well, it's nice to see it all get animated. And memory's fuzzy anyway so it's a good opportunity to retread the story.