What are you Watching/Reading Q3 2019

cidjen

Re: What are you Watching/Reading Q3 2019

Post by cidjen » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:16 pm

I just discovered Bakuman and looks like this will be my next binge read. Oh dear. I wish I could learn to write, like these guys draw.. While waiting for next chapter of Hitman.
Also, I picked up and caught up to Days. Nice. Like I need a sports manga in my life. But It's Interesting. Like Captain Tsubasa but more modern.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:54 am

(Also in Bakuman there is a character named Miho, who is an upcoming voice actress; also featuring a manga-ka and a manga-writer. Also the writers' girlfriend is a karate champion. Coincidence????? I think not.)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:59 am

Kanata no Astra was a fun little ride. It was also oddly more complicated than what I was expecting. But it ties up neatly at the end, and that's more than I can say for a lot of anime nowadays.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:30 pm

cidjen wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:16 pm
I just discovered Bakuman and ...
Boy what a ride... Now I'm seeing the (insert magazine title) editorial department decision process in all manga I ever read o_o
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:18 am

Finishing up the summer season; Vinland Saga has fun bloody mess to watch; if Askeladd was the villian in half the shonen titles, the MCs would be toast..... :roll:

The show I looked forward to the most each week was Dumbbells. Lots of stupid fun, Hibiki best girl of the season. Well, except for Mina from Takagi-san. She was simply too precious, Askeladd would've thrown himself in front of Truck-kun to protect her.. ;)

Fruits Basket kept delivering the feels; howcum an anime charcter can be swatted 30 feet through the air with minimal damage, but can potentially be wiped out by the common cold? :?

Astra was pretty good; mostly predictable, but executed well.

Demon Slayer was easily the best shonen title I watched; I almost dropped Fire Force (pointless fanservice). Dr. Stone doesn't do a lot for me, MC is mostly annoying.

Carole and Tuesday has been uneven, with too much emphasis on politics, IMO.

Nestor

Post by Nestor » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:54 pm

Been on a ... isekai binge. Watched a bunch of crappy and not-so-crappy isekai anime. Gate (sort of crap), Log Horizon (not a lot of crap), Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu (crap), Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni (amusing, but crap), Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria (fucking crap) and... I dunno. Can't remember.
Also watched ... HenSuki. It was shit. Sayuki best girl.
Fucking enjoying the shit out of Kimetsu no Yaiba. I mean, it's a battle shonen powerup fight fight fight bullshit, but it's by ufotable, so it's done pretty well. Also Nezuko. More please.
Oh! I watched Re Zero. God that was just fucking terrible. Just watch the Re Zero in 8 minutes video on youtube and it'll spare you some time. Or you could just punch yourself in the scrotum a few (twenty-six times, one for each episode) times and call it good. Which it isn't. If you have tonsils, it's like trying to take them out yourself with a rusty coathanger and a pair of pliers.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:35 am

I went and caught up with Koi Inu... the point in story where I am now is lowest of the low... it feels.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:57 pm

1-Nen a-Gumi no Monster is officially shit. Dropped.

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:04 am

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:57 pm
1-Nen a-Gumi no Monster is officially shit. Dropped.
I remember when you mentioned that one and Nagatoro a while back. Nagatoro still seems pretty cute to me, but yeah, this one not so much. Even though the teacher seemed kinda cool the first time through, I have not really found it to bear repeated reading.

Tomo-chan wa onnanoko ended,,, I loved that series but the ending really seemed abrupt. I am rereading it straight through again now to see if that was just me being bitter at waiting most of the summer just for the last couple of pages... But c'mon, where are the ten or twenty more pages of Carol and Misuzu teasing them mercilessly? What about further developments for Carol and Misaki-senpai? Is Tanabe ever gonna get any kind of a shot with Misuzu? (Well, no, obviously not :lol: but it was fun watching him fail so spectacularly and repeatedly.)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:56 am

Haha Nagatoro is still gross! gross! Senpai! heh. Though some cracks in the facade start to appear. Cute.

For Isekai Overload (like, Argate Online, The New Gate, G.A.T.E, Instant Death) there is one 'reverse Isekai' - The Hero Who Returned Remains The Strongest, and it starts to be interesting. Or is there more like that ?

I had a shot at a few Otome Reincarnators but no.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Murren

Post by Murren » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:19 pm

Started watching:

Strawberry Panic - at first I was comparing it to Maria-sama ga Miteru, which is an extremely high bar, but now I've been appreciating it independently. I'm really enjoying it and it has some very nice relationships and very cute characters.

Sukitte Ii na yo (Say I Love You) - I had some minor issues with how it started but aside from that, so far I think it is absolutely beautiful as well as adorable/cute in the most profound ways. I really think it's beautiful. (SOL romance show)

Dagashi Kashi (1 ep in) - Oh look! Hot cute girls with voices I like. And some pretty good humor.

Tonari no Kyuutsekuti-san (Ms. Vampire Who Lives In My Neighborhood) (2 eps in) - Absolutely adorable.

Angel Beats - I wasn't totally into the premise at first but I'm starting to get into it. I love the music too.

Hitorijime My Hero - my first yaoi anime. Very cute and adorable.

Completed:

Citrus - Hot yuri anime about girls making out and being attracted to each other. With very hot/cute characters.

Stella Jogakui Koutou-ka C3-bu (Stella Women's Academy High School Division Class C3) - due to the MAL rating I guess I didn't expect that much, but I ended up really liking it! Something about cute girls being badass with guns (even airsoft guns...) Oh, and, very very cute characters. Very likable. Sabagebu (another show about girls w/ guns) was a cute girl show with more out there humor (which I absolutely loved), but Stella was a more lighthearted cute girl show and a bit more realistic in certain ways. Sabagebu's one of my all-time favorite shows, but I did quite like Stella. Also, while I didn't necessarily like all of the background music choices for Stella, they had some killer jazz tracks in there, which I loved.

Finally finished Golden Time. I really liked it and thought it was beautiful. (SOL romance/romantic comedy)

Continuing:

Fuuka - I guess this is an ecchi show, lmao. I guess I don't really mind that, lol, but I'm mainly watching this show because I like the musical part, as well as fairly interesting relationships. Oh. But I absolutely hate fiery tsundere chicks (such as the main character). At least she's nice most of the time I guess lmao.

Continuing perfect Galaxy Angel.

Continuing Sailor Moon (original, with subs) which is great.

Re-watch:

Recently re-watched Aoi Hana in full. I was reminded of the things I absolutely love about it (totally peaceful, relaxing, emotional yuri show with some very nice relationships and some nice emotional parts). As well as the reasons it's not totally at the top of my list (at one point the story got a little boring in my opinion). But overall I absolutely loved it and thought it was beautiful.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list