Emma A Victorian Romance Anime TV Series Season 1 Dub

mostlyharmless

Emma A Victorian Romance Anime TV Series Season 1 Dub

Post by mostlyharmless » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Kickstarter has a project by Nozomi going for a Bluray dub of "Emma A Victorian Romance", S1.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 ... -tv-series

I ante'ed up tho subs & dvd's are usually fine with me unless there's so much action there's no time to read subs.

I guess Chinese anime is a thing now - watching several. At ep 8, "Sirius the Jaeger" is very solid. The others are OK.

Murren

Re: Emma A Victorian Romance Anime TV Series Season 1 Dub

Post by Murren » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:30 pm

For this particular anime, one advantage of having an english dub is that all the names will be pronounced correctly :P

I don't have a lot of knowledge of english dubs in general or Nozomi Entertainment, but since this is a show I've watched and they far exceeded their funding goal, I may chip in and pick up a copy. Since it takes place in England, it would be nice to see the show in English, lol.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Murren

Post by Murren » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:32 pm

I have a question about this -- it's not something I'm too worried about, but (after posting my previous comment many months ago) I was disappointed to find that this English dub is unavailable for purchase except to those who backed during the short Kickstarter backing period. Unfortunately I missed that time frame. (Technically, it's available to non-backers for several hundred dollars, but 1) that's a really high amount and 2) as far as I understand, the creators only allowed that availability because that was the only way it was possible to list the item on Right Stuf Anime).

My question is: (possibly to those who have experience with Kickstarters like these), do you think there is any hope that I might be able to purchase this dub (for normal price) at some point in the future?
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:39 am

It may pop up on Amazon or ebay sometime in the future, but whether or not it's a legit copy is another matter.... :?: