Whatcha watchin' / readin' Q1 2019

Yl33 D4 N00b

Re: Whatcha watchin' / readin' Q1 2019

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:23 am

Dropped Ueno-san. Crap got old real quick.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:11 am

It's sorta early days for Kakushigoto - Secrets but at least it doesn't seem too weird.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:07 am

Kakegurui XX - More funny faces.

Asuka - I kinda like the premise but it feels so early 2000s low budget pulp.

Endro - I started it because of an amusing photoshop which redid some of the lines to be about MtG. But the show itself is a bit nyeh.

Kouya no Kotobuki Hikoutai - I kinda like the premise but the weird mishmash of 2D and 3D animation is just bleh. They are kinda doing a thing where the main characters are in 3D but some of the side(probably non recurring) characters are done in 2D. And the 2D characters are kinda done pretty well and look a lot better than our 3D main cast... so the presentation is just kinda really distracting.

Dororo - Seems cool so far.

===

I also randomly binged Zombieland Saga. Probably the most entertaining show of last season.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:35 pm

Just found an interesting one (for reading): Ookumo-chan Flashback.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:17 pm

I have an on-off love-hate relationship with 5Toubun no Hanayome... can't swallow more than 2-3 chapters at a time, but it draws me back.... lol.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:53 pm

The anime of Hanayome is OK so far, just watched a couple of eps......

Murren

Post by Murren » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:31 am

Started watching Love Lab. I like it. I like the general vibe and humor/characters. I also like that one of the main characters has the same voice actress (and basically the exact same voice) (and somewhat similar appearance and character traits) as Hibiki from Idolmaster, who is one of my all time favorite characters. It's almost like I get to watch another iteration of Hibiki.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:50 am

Ugh...
read 2 chapters of Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku and ohmy, feeling another binge urge coming O.o
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:39 pm

Binge away, Wokatoi is totally worth it! 8-)

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:31 am

Ugh right after I said something about Hanayome... i went and binge read it >.<

And then another one popped up on me, and it's sooo warm.... Soushi Souai... I can't... stop!
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:42 am

If you are tired of middle/high schoolers mangas, and 29 to JK is too out there for you, there is still Kawaii Joushi wo Komarasetai :)

(If 29toJK is not too out there, try P to JK... that is.)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Murren

Post by Murren » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:36 am

Finished Violet Evergarden. I loved it. I thought it was beautiful.

Finished Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (main show/1st season). Aside from getting a bit heavy at times, I still overall really liked it and thought it was very good.

Started watching Kino's Journey. I already love it.

Finished Lovely Complex. This is now pretty high on my all-time favorites list. And the MC (Koizumi Risa) is on my all-time best girls list, whatever that means, lol.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:44 pm

And today I discovered Osananajimi ni najimitai - pretty early days but looks like it could be a good comedy.

Oh and Edens Zero (manga...) looks like has a highly interesting story arc beginning at chapter 30...
SpoilerShow
Super Virtual Planet, self aware AI inhibiting a game world... rings bells right?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Another one, seems nicely thought out at the start (reading) Koi wa Ameagari no You ni.

Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:58 pm

We're at the halfway point in the season, and I think this is one of the strongest since I started watching anime five years ago.

Dororo, Mob Psycho 2, Neverland, Love and War, and Shield Hero are top notch, with Quintessential Quintuplets just a tic below. Slime has lost some steam, but still is a very good show. Boogiepop is the only show I'm still watching that's just so-so, and that's partly because of its' slow pacing.

Murren

Post by Murren » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:19 am

I've started watching Kareshi Kanojo No Jijou (His And Her Circumstances). It was recommended as this** (basically, well-written emotional stuff), and so far it looks super cute as well.

I've been re-watching Candy Boy. I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for someone who likes yuri animes, I think it's really cute and enjoyable.

Recently finished watching Joshiraku. The characters were super cute, but the style of humor was a bit too crude for me.

Watched Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien "The Next Season" OVAs. I thought it was beautiful, as expected. I was also reflecting on the show as a whole and thought there was some really well-written intense stuff in there. My only complaint is that they slightly changed the story from the 1st season to the 2nd season, so the story doesn't exactly match up. But that wasn't a major deal for me. Oh, and another thing that I liked was, in the "The Next Season" OVAs, I think there were references to real life events; if I'm not mistaken, I think there was a reference to the 2001 World Trade Center terrorist attack, and references to the bad economy in Japan in 2001. (I could be wrong, but I did a slight bit of research and hopefully am not...)

Continuing Love Lab. Just wanted to say that this is damn high on my all-time favorite cute girl shows. Totally matches up with my tastes.

Started watching Kimi Ni Todoke. Looks cute.

Started watching Kizumonogatari. Random long story: So a while back I started watching Monogatari in airing order (I think?) starting with Bakemonogatari. I stopped watching because I felt that the main character was abused too much, then I was told a hint that that was "punishment" for something he did in the past, then eventually I decided that I might like the show better if I watched it in chronological order of the story, and some guy on a forum thread on myanimelist.net said to someone "oh if you want to watch Monogatari message me for the chronological order" to someone else, so I decided I'd message him and ask so he gave me the following order. So I'm watching it in that order. Hopefully it's correct, lol. Oh, but anyway, about the show, it looks great so far. I've watched Kizumonogatari Part 1 and it looks great.
Monogatari order (not a spoiler, just shrunk for space)Show
-Kizumonogatari Part 1,2,3
-Nekomonogatari Ep1-4
-Bakemonogatari Ep1-15
-Nisemonogatari Ep1-11
-Monogatari SS Ep 7-10
-Monogatari SS Ep17-20
-Owarimonogatari Ep7-12
-Monogatari SS Ep1-5
-Owarimonogatari Ep1-6
-Monogatari SS Ep12-15
-Monogatari SS Ep21-26
-Tsukimonogatari Ep1-4
-Owarimonogatari Second season Ep 1-3
-Hanamonogatari Ep1-5
No other updates for now

**oh, btw, if you have recommendations for those criteria, I'm definitely open to hear them :P
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:27 am

More adult heart breakers: Koiiji... Long chapters, not easy but seems nice so far.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:15 pm

ANN had a piece on Satoshi Kon, so I watched his best liked work, Millenium Actress. I can see why, it was very, very good.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:34 am

This is for maldrul, not that he ever comes over here..... ;)

Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san PV

Murren

Post by Murren » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:58 am

I've started watching NANA. So far it just seems to hit every button for being a show that will really move me. Or rather, that already does in some ways and hopefully will continue to. It just really hits me right here, it just seems totally beautiful IMO. (And in my opinion, perfect placement of cute comedy moments as well, although it mainly is a serious slice of life show).
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:41 pm

Dang,I really don't know what is it about the 'age difference' type of romance :)
but My Boyfriend in Orange before you ask, I'm reading it got me into a spot of binge-reading again T_T
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:43 pm

While I enjoyed NANA, it is quite unfortunate that Yazawa Ai never quite got back to resuming her career after that illness.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:30 am

Best series this season? IMO, it's Hi Score Girl: Extra Stage!! No, I'm not being partial, either..... :roll:

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:25 pm

I guess I sorta write this for the record...

but I just had to discover Rin-ne and
5 Centimeters Per Second...

and had to write it down before Q1 ends :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:36 am

Just started reading Kusuriya no Hitorigoto. If you get past the MC having almost a Sherlock Holmes level skillset, it's very good.