[1495] setting off alarms

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Invisigoth

[1495] setting off alarms

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:16 pm

new strip posted to Patreonhttps://www.patreon.com/fredrin/posts It'll be up on the main site soonish

DrunkenSailor

Re: [1495] setting off alarms

Post by DrunkenSailor » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:52 am

Loving the Nurse Drill Sargent with non profane curses vibe from Kobi's Mom. "Private Joker, you are big silly-willy cooty-brainey poo-poo head, did you know that?"

And uh oh. What's coming that's so bad that everyone who seems to be enjoying this big fight so much now has to evacuate? It's gotta be something awesome. Maybe someone noticed that a level 7 magical girl with a personal interest in the situation has entered the battle area.

The only thing I'm sure of is none of us will guess correctly.

DS

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:53 am

I'm guessing everyone has a magical girl detector??????

Tangent

Post by Tangent » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:12 am

I think Yuki just stole all their weapons. Seems to be her sort of thing.

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:45 pm

I'm getting the bad feeling that this will be another one of those "kid intervenes in adult fight without understanding and makes the situation worse" situations.

Yuki gets a lot of those.

eomdal
Location: Northern California: Proud nexus of Unreal America.

Post by eomdal » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Stability is telling everyone to dust off. Gonna nuke the site from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:15 pm

Sparklogen meters are all over past 8 with warning to evacuate the area. Ririko is about to have an epiphany about what has put her boy in the hospital

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:42 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:15 pm
Sparklogen meters are all over past 8 with warning to evacuate the area. Ririko is about to have an epiphany about what has put her boy in the hospital
...assuming that's what they are. I have no idea given that this is the first time I've seen this episode.

In the meantime, Magical Girl Triage! :lol:
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:06 pm

I wonder if we're going to see the "MG Emergency Response Team" mentioned in [1108]. I'm curious to see what it might consist of.

Also, very grateful for those who treat the hurts and big owies of the world when stupidhead doo-doo brains do dim-witted things with explodies. Thank you Ririka and your friends in Vegas and too many other places in the world.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

richvh

Post by richvh » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:14 pm

I don't believe it! Her power's over 9000!

iffy

Post by iffy » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:49 am

I don't see any weapons on any of these, but maybe they stored them on the way to triage. Or taking them all was what set off everything.

Pure win comic.

Last time the alarm should have gone off like this (the PMGD-540's alarm didn't because it was turned off because it was always triggering of course) she was level 7 (probably gone way up by now) and emergent (largely untrained but already emerged now).

They never did confirm if she was one of the three potentially catastrophic grade ones... Okay, it's been demonstrated she more than is quite a few times, hasn't it.

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Woo-ha. 8D

Ririka is hurt, but in character and doing her duty.
Say, is every self-pronounced superhero scared to death of magical girls?

Gotta pity them. =/

…Them. Not the magical girls. =)

Thanks Fred, for this performance!
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:38 pm

Actually they did confirm that she was not one of the three catastrophic grade ones.

One was in a coma, and two were located at after school clubs.

Thus they could not be Yuki who was riding a zombie zilla at the time.

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:45 pm

Sackett wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:38 pm
Actually they did confirm that she was not one of the three catastrophic grade ones.
And then there were four.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:53 pm

Sonoda did say "currently identified." https://megatokyo.com/strip/1108

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:55 pm

Out of three catastrophic grade magical girls, one was in a coma. Being a magical girl is dangerous. And I totally didn't read the title of this comic, "Setting off Alarms." Yeah, those beeping noises are probably magical girl detectors.

DS

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:10 pm

Sackett wrote:

One was in a coma, and two were located at after school clubs.

Thus they could not be Yuki who was riding a zombie zilla at the time.
They only knew of those 3 at the time of Yuki's little coming out party.

I'm thinking the ranking is based on the same sort of numerology that gives us 9 ranks of kitsune and I am convinced that Yuki has topped 8 and is only getting more powerful all the time.

So, what is possibly the most powerful entity in MegaTokyo is a teen girl who's mortified about kissing a boy!

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:26 am

I think this might be one of those "big twinkie Eagon," situations.
But it must be pretty bad at ground zero. Nurse Ririka has a busted forearm and a smashed eye... as a non-combatant. Of course in the danger zone is in the danger zone. Alot of times that red cross draws more fire than it diverts.

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:33 pm

Maybe Ririka will become Yuki’s MG mentor “You must learn to control the Sparklogens Yuk.”
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:51 pm

jkhartl wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:33 pm
Maybe Ririka will become Yuki’s MG mentor “You must learn to control the Sparklogens Yuk.”
Might as well; Meimi is sure doing a piss poor job of it. Having Yuki over at the Kobayashi household for lessons could prove beneficial to Yutaka, too..... :ninja:

Sareth

Post by Sareth » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Is it just me, or does it look to anyone else like Ririka is staring straight at us when shouting about stupidheads?

XD
Maaaaaaan. Now I need to start winning posts again.

Read my original and fanfiction: https://archiveofourown.org/users/Bookah/works

chemi

Post by chemi » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Sareth wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:18 pm
Is it just me, or does it look to anyone else like Ririka is staring straight at us when shouting about stupidheads?

XD
Because she is, and she has the right of it.

Because we're stupidheads.

All of us.

Without question or exception.

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:26 am

You know... if the forces of order flee (due to Yuki's presence setting off alarms), won't that stop the violence? Not just temporarily either.

Since the only reason for fighting was to prevent the forces of order from killing Miho (or discovering that Kimiko was play acting as Miho, which is basically the same thing).

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:15 pm

So we have explicit evidence these are actual explosions and not just the hospital settling / collapsing (whether from Miho or the fanboy horde or whatever other source of structural damage). I am back to supporting the thought I had in an earlier thread, that the TPCD have decided to destroy the hospital to make sure they get Miho. Collateral civilian casualties presumably being deemed "acceptable". Doo-doo brains indeed. :(

Whatever's in that syringe Ririka is using on herself in panels 2 and 3, I hope she's got enough of it. :cry:
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

iffy

Post by iffy » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:59 pm

Sackett wrote:
Yeah. I forgot about panel 2. lol I can find comics easily enough but sometimes panels escape me. It would seem nobody knew she had it in her before this, except of course Meimi and Miho at least, but not on any TPCD list. Probably still not.
Even so, what I think I meant was more like this
jkhartl wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:45 pm
And then there were four.
NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:53 pm
Sonoda did say "currently identified." https://megatokyo.com/strip/1108
To ask, if Yuki should have been on that list.
Which either way whatever was meant, we then answered the question, a bunch of comics have pretty clearly established she's beyond merely potentially. ;)
Will her father put Yuki on a list of some sort, or is she already on a number of different ones now, another matter entirely.

Sackett wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:26 am
You know... if the forces of order flee (due to Yuki's presence setting off alarms), won't that stop the violence? Not just temporarily either.
They're reacting in a way that might make these who are not busy in fighting stand down, but will that be enough? It's somewhat similar to Ed finding out Miho isn't pretend, but it took more than just the alarm, it took realization. So how fearful will these here remain, once they find out what's making the alarms go off, more, less, the same?
These are seemingly mostly just the wounded ones, how about the rest, that seems the bigger question too.
Since the only reason for fighting was to prevent the forces of order from killing Miho (or discovering that Kimiko was play acting as Miho, which is basically the same thing).
I dunno, at first the fighting was Miho dealing with those determined to end the story. Until it changed to her wanting to help the backup (the one said to be actually able to end the story) to end the story. Then the fighting turned into whatever was drawn by Miho not being gone (or the story not being over, or with the substitution, or in the face of something not fitting, or ?). The forces of order against the forces of chaos. Those wanting to unbalance things. I guess we could say, whatever Largo and Erika started battling. Perhaps then not Megumi as a specific target (due to her knowing it was Kimiko or for being involved in Piro carrying off Miho's body) but for simply getting caught in the net of dealing with unknown dangers. And Piro getting caught in another part of it by those tracking everything, which apparently was the non-combatant NPC types and various Otaku, rather than the TPCD and others.