[1488] - Less Poisonous?

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Yl33 D4 N00b

Re: [1488] - Less Poisonous?

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Another fun 'filler' comic; Cha-san's "ya-ho" gave me a flashback to Yui Yuigahama's "Yahallo", neat! We need more Cha-san! ;)

Zandra

Post by Zandra » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:54 pm

SQQQQQQQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Thats so adoraBLE!!!!!!! please keep it Fred please! Imagine the spin off possibilities.
I WAS the Owner of Wolfboys 800th post but SOMEBODY had to go and get a new Forum lol!

Old_Gray_One

Post by Old_Gray_One » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:36 am

Ehhhhhh!!!???? Zom-Zom got (kinda) cute?
*Cleans glasses*
*Re-reads comic*

"Yep....kinda cute.
Either Fred needs to increase the medication dosage, or I do. I'm not sure which.

BakaJedi
Location: Puget Sound (state of WA, USA [my birth•place - but I grew up as a "Navy Brat" since Oct↔️Dec 1975])

Post by BakaJedi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:21 am

I wonder if Sally (Mahou Tsukai Sally [Sally the Witch]) might make an appearance in (Mega)Tokyo, during a visit to the human world. :?

Considering that the first episode of that series originally aired in 1966, it's possible that she could be in Meimi's ^mom's^ generation. :o

'zilla

Post by 'zilla » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:48 am

Okay, here's my working theory. The monstrous aspects were what made Zom-Zom a zilla, a monster. Now that they're gone she's cute. I wonder how many other "monsters" are cute, nice, etc. "on the inside"? I see parallels with Miho in this.

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:41 am

Well the theme of MT is "transformation" so why not? As for clothes - I think they'd be magical clothes so the holes won't be a problem (was always the way in Dragon-maid) but surely that tail is bad for your balance? She'll be leaning forward like a velociraptor! And let's not forget that Largo has already ridden her into battle, which she may or may not a. remember and b. resent. Fun times a-comin', fun times...
'zilla wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:48 am
I wonder how many other "monsters" are cute, nice, etc. "on the inside"?
I detect an ulterior motive to this question, bearing in mind your nickname :P
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:36 am

Woooot, dragon girls are fun. And watching Zom-Zom get familiar with the human world will be fun. In Dragon Maid, even such things as children's teeter totters are new to them. https://www.tumblr.com/search/Dragon+Maid+seesaw As for being naked instead of magically clothed, 1) zom-zom wasn't expecting this, and 2) this is MT, not Dragon Maid, Fred doesn't slavishly follow the tropes and manga's he um,.. does tributes of. He likes to work with the question, logically what would really happen next if some of these cool things from other mangas were to happen first, and dragons are naked.

Also, Zom-Zom was a zilla not a dog, Teddy. She was munching pork rinds out of the bag and watching television soap operas when we first saw her, and when Yuki spoke to her she clearly understood her instructions back when she was full size and they were battling the Zombie Air Corps. It's not like she was wearing a harness or had a bit in her mouth.

DS

Edited to change all the he's and him's to she's and her's. I guess Zom-Zom was a girl. Zomiko maybe ?? Which brings me to another question. Will Zom-Zom appreciate this change. How would you feel if you were to changed into some other species? She might be freaked out and angry.
Last edited by DrunkenSailor on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tangent

Post by Tangent » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:42 am

In short, we have Teddy's ideal girl here? Someone who'll nom on pork rinds, throw back a brewsky, and watch TV with him. ^_^

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am

Hmm sorry, I edited that last post after, or while you were posting a response Tangent. I gotta learn to be done when I'm done.

But now that I think more about my edit, Dragon Maids can all turn human or back to dragons anytime they want. Can Zilla's?? I mean could they be keeping that a secret from everyone, except maybe that old guy who runs the zilla rental? Being a zombie might interfere with that, and when ChaCha cured her, she just naturally took her human form immediately rather than destroy Miemi's house.

Zilla rental is a fun and profitable business, and letting the tourists know they could become petite and cute might hurt rentals. Or worse, increase them, but encourage the wrong ideas. Zilla's can be rented, pretty girls.. no.

I suggest this mainly because DragonMaid is fairly recent, and thus probably doesn't fit into the decade old plot line of MegaTokyo except as a short slice of life episode. Slice of weird and wondrous magical girl style life that is. Yuki will just have to get used to this, zillas martians zombies dragon maids ninjas, these kinds of things are just going to surround her from now on.

Notice in the last frame Miemi talking quietly to Cha-san. She's far too good a hostess to seem openly disappointed at Zom-Zom's transformation. That woman never loses her cool.

DS

piro
The Artist

Post by piro » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:59 am

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:26 pm
Another fun 'filler' comic;
(cough) how do you know this is 'filler'?

/me whistles and skips along untroden paths...

piro
The Artist

Post by piro » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:44 pm

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:36 am
As for being naked instead of magically clothed, 1) zom-zom wasn't expecting this, and 2) this is MT, not Dragon Maid, Fred doesn't slavishly follow the tropes and manga's he um,.. does tributes of.
Actually, the reason that Zomzomeko cant create her own clothing is that she doesn't have scales, just hide. In Dragon Maid, they tranform their scales for all the clothing. Thats why zomzomeko here will need to find some pants.

Ok, FTR, Zom zom, Rent-a-zilla has always been female. Sorta not something you pay too much attention to with zillas really (the default of course was to always say 'him' because, well, in english its harder to be gender neutral than in Japanese without using 'it'

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:37 pm

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am
Dragon Maids can all turn human or back to dragons anytime they want. Can Zilla's?? I mean could they be keeping that a secret from everyone... and when ChaCha cured her, she just naturally took her human form immediately rather than destroy Miemi's house.
I would consider that a possibility except for panel 8: Zomiko is completely confused. Whatever is going on is something new, and is evidently neither expected nor understood by anybody in the current strip.

Now Zomiko's cheerful "Hi!" in the last panel suggests she doesn't seem to care much about the mystery either. :D But then, one more ditzy girl in MegaTokyo, let alone the Sonoda residence? Quelle surprise as they say. ;)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Tangent

Post by Tangent » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Well, darrin, if you consider... for a week or more Zomiko has been in pain. She's been a zombie and her mind has not been... whole. And now for the first time in a while she is whole. Sure, she's not a zilla (or at least only a partial zilla) now... but her mind just cleared up. She can actually think and be in a state of coherence.

Or to put it another way she has been severely hung over and just drank something that cleared her head up in one instant. ;)

Roborat

Post by Roborat » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:40 pm

I love this new twist, I hope she becomes a more significant character, and she is so cute, can't wait to see where this goes. I have to admit, on first read, I thought Cha-san had teleported Ping in. I like how mom isn't terribly concerned that Yuki isn't in her room.

iffy

Post by iffy » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:41 pm

That's the answer for why didn't we go for unzombie when we went for smaller, it wasn't anything much until days went by and Meimi started worrying... considering the potential zombie poison stuff (which may or may not be an actual thing) and the two normals... two non-magical non-girl residents of the house. Not much or at least not "worth the risk" of mumbling out the last words to the book and ending up with an army of darkness at your feet. Although comparably, a girlish lizardy personi type it thing isn't likely going to be as dangerous as zom zom was, which was.... well potentially anyway. Or if so, in other directions that don't lead to chants of brains. Ooops, no, dang it, I said no poison!!

Why wouldn't a zilla be female, it's not a zillo. lolo hah hah It (as a giant monster thing) and her as the humaniform version. And she's not naked, she's got that bandage on top covering.... well lizards don't have that anyway, no milk, the young go out and catch their own food once they leave the egg (directly or otherwise). So top on, and she's got bandages around. Like a mermaid, but the reverse. Perhaps, we can't tell. Sure she doesn't have any pants on, probably, Largo would be proud. Except for the not working on electronics thing, so maybe he wouldn't, because she's not generating static, unless she is.

Although with that tail, who knows what else might be lizard still. Difficult if not impossible to tell the girl lizards from the boy lizards from the neutral lizards from the all lizards from the none lizards. What can you say about rent a zilla then zombified then shrunken then magically accidentally turned into something more approaching human, how old are they, what sorts of chromosomes do they have, what kind of things should they wear or need to wear. Whatevs.

ha ha lol, Meimi essentially gave Yuki a talk that told her to get her priorities in order and put it into perspective before trying to save the world. Less than unconcerned then, she's expecting her to not be there. The not in her room thing as more reminiscing than anything, her and her buddette. MG, what's to worry, gotta learn sometime. And it's Masamichi who was the worried one anyway.

New characters are always welcome and expected, there are no small roles. Timing, sniping from the past to the future (or was it the other way around) Kimiko gets a pass years earlier to the CoE, turns out there's lots more to Endgames, many other things older and newer pop up or could all the time. Rent a zilla has always been a big part of things since we met her, when it was just an it (or at least unknown or unimportant). Nothing is filler in story, there are only things that are less topical or less explained at any given time. Most of the time at least. Still, where is Yuki. Eh, maybe it's not important.

'zilla

Post by 'zilla » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:30 pm

mistersaxon wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:41 am
'zilla wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:48 am
I wonder how many other "monsters" are cute, nice, etc. "on the inside"?
I detect an ulterior motive to this question, bearing in mind your nickname :P
Good guess but no. I'm actually more drawing a parallel with Miho, as I said originally. Largo thinks she's ''evil'' but we've seen a vulnerable aspect, especially recently in her exchanges with Junpei's sister, in which she's ''just like the rest of us.'' I think there's a sense in which we all are or have been ''monsters.'' But what about all the giant turtles and such? Are they truly ''monsters'' or is there something underneath the facade? Does the TPCD know? Can they all be ''cured''?

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:40 pm

piro wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:59 am
Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:26 pm
Another fun 'filler' comic;
(cough) how do you know this is 'filler'?

/me whistles and skips along untroden paths...
Because I've done the same thing in my writing hobby; taking a break from potentially ponderous plot points to throw in something frivolous and fun. ;)

I do take back the "another" part of the statement above, as Ping's latest transformation may have significance later.

Hetz

Post by Hetz » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:39 pm

Why it's Megatokyo's first ever Zilla-girl. Totally approving of this surprise.

Small Pink Mouse

Post by Small Pink Mouse » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:24 am

Looks like Yuki now has a sidekick the next time she goes forth to fight Evil. Now she needs only 3 more girls to have a full team. ^o^

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:03 am

She has Mami and Asako... that makes 4 plus Largo to be her Oscar. She already has more than Charlie's Angels! A full lance of mechwarriors. Only one short of a girls basketball team. A far more honest cabinet of advisers than President Orange Julius. What more does Yuki need?
Last edited by Teddy-Werebear on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:12 am

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am
Zilla rental is a fun and profitable business, and letting the tourists know they could become petite and cute might hurt rentals. Or worse, increase them, but encourage the wrong ideas. Zilla's can be rented, pretty girls.. no.
DS
Oh yes they can. Japan being one of the countries that offers a wider range of rentals than most countries. Uhhhh...
Ummmmm!
Or so I have read!
:mrgreen:

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:22 am

As far as Largo, I'm suspecting that he's more Yuki's familiar than handler or control. Hell, can you even say "control" and "Largo" in the same sentence unironically?

Ray Kremer
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by Ray Kremer » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Zandra wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:54 pm
SQQQQQQQUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Thats so adoraBLE!!!!!!! please keep it Fred please! Imagine the spin off possibilities.
Once those idiots Piro and Largo and their three girlfriends are out of the way, there are all sorts of possibilities with the Sawatari Family Values (aka Mugitokyo) and Magical Girl Moms Club spinoffs.

(Yes, the first one is official if Fred lives long enough to do it. The second one I made up just now.)
mistersaxon wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:41 am
And let's not forget that Largo has already ridden her into battle, which she may or may not a. remember and b. resent.
I can see her cutely demanding a piggy-back ride from Largo.
Invisigoth wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:22 am
As far as Largo, I'm suspecting that he's more Yuki's familiar than handler or control. Hell, can you even say "control" and "Largo" in the same sentence unironically?
I dunno. He's kind of a mentor to her? A l33t master, if you will.

Hashbrown Potatoes

Post by Hashbrown Potatoes » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:26 pm

Zom-zom isn't a zombie anymore, so mission accomplished.

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Ray Kremer wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:26 pm
Once those idiots Piro and Largo and their three girlfriends are out of the way, there are all sorts of possibilities with the Sawatari Family Values (aka Mugitokyo) and Magical Girl Moms Club spinoffs.
Side comics for Patron supporters.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage