Kotone

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

cidjen

Kotone

Post by cidjen » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:56 pm

Yo sorry for the spam, but I just came across something I just couldn't let slide...

Or... If it was already dug that way then sorry for the noise.

Here goes....
Someone was scanlating a translation of a word 'chotonne', explaining the choice of their wording as such, that this word is something you'd say as you 'wind up to tell the story' so then their chosen translation was 'well, you see'.

I just couldn't let this additional meta go by, not only linked to beginning of a story but also to ... Seeing, that is , sight....

Intentional or not, still cool.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

richvh

Re: Kotone

Post by richvh » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:48 am

Assuming your "chotonne" is actually Japanese (where it would normally be "chotto ne")... In Japanese, "cho" and "ko" are completely different phonemes. It'd be like equating English "child" and "killed". (And that's leaving off the consideration that "Kotone" is 3 mora, and "chotto ne" is 4.)

cidjen

Re: Kotone

Post by cidjen » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:11 pm

Hi rich,

Yeah I thought it was a long shot... It was just appealing to compare the romanized version and similarly 'sounding' syllables of that. Thanks for the analysis :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )