Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

maldrul

Re: [1544]-"Too Much Information"

Post by maldrul » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:53 pm
Okashinamaru wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:16 am
So when do we get to the part where Piro gives up and kills himself?
Let's see, Piro is making love to one of the hottest new upcoming Idols at this very moment in comic time. He has one of the arguably most desirable women in the MegaTokyo universe broken hearted and desiring him and wanting to talk to him about "stuff", well if she didn't get distracted by one of Fred's awesome grandmothers and a ninja clan abusing a young lady that she feels protective of...

What was the question again?
Typically, the harem owner is the last one to realize that they *do* have a harem. In Piro's case that won't happen unless and until he has them all in one room together (including Yuki and Ping) and catches on to the subtle cues that will be flashing back and forth among them all. Then he will try to fix it... and that, my friends, is when he may consider 'The Final Option'

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:53 pm
Let's see, Piro is making love to one of the hottest new upcoming Idols at this very moment in comic time. He has one of the arguably most desirable women in the MegaTokyo universe broken hearted and desiring him and wanting to talk to him about "stuff", well if she didn't get distracted by one of Fred's awesome grandmothers and a ninja clan abusing a young lady that she feels protective of...

What was the question again?
Except that Kimiko doesn't see Piro as anything more than a toy to play with, and the only reason she's even doing anything now is because she wants to steal him from Miho. You're delusional if you think that's going to end well.

Miho only cares about him at all because she wants him to save her from her own self-created hell hole. She only cares about herself, which only becomes more obvious over time.

Meanwhile Ping is off learning to become a prostitute. That's just awesome let me tell you.

Piro is just too much of a braindead retard to figure any of that out, and when he finally does, the hard way..
maldrul wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:59 pm
Typically, the harem owner is the last one to realize that they *do* have a harem. In Piro's case that won't happen unless and until he has them all in one room together (including Yuki and Ping) and catches on to the subtle cues that will be flashing back and forth among them all. Then he will try to fix it... and that, my friends, is when he may consider 'The Final Option'
Harem "owner". I always knew women were property. But then what good is a harem full of girls who wouldn't lift a finger to do anything for you? In harem anime it's always a guy who goes around helping random girls, who never do a damn thing for him or if they do it's always in a mob because I guess it takes a dozen women to do 1/12 of the work of one guy. In reverse harem it's always some utterly worthless girl who sits there going "huh? what? eh? ok." while a bunch of hot guys fawn over her the whole time. Why the hell would anyone want to be the proud owner of that?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:39 am

I was going to say something about negativity and someone with 5 posts to their name, but I won't since the archives are MIA...
Okashinamaru wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 am
Except that Kimiko doesn't see Piro as anything more than a toy to play with, and the only reason she's even doing anything now is because she wants to steal him from Miho. You're delusional if you think that's going to end well.
One can say a lot about Kimiko, but I just wonder, where did you get that particular vibe from? She just landed him his dream job... You sure someone who just want's a toy boy, would have done all that? Like listening to how he got nuked by Miho from the orbit, having never really seen her? As what, repayment for successfully bullying the weak fanboys out of their photo and video loot? Pfft.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:08 am

cidjen wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:39 am
One can say a lot about Kimiko, but I just wonder, where did you get that particular vibe from? She just landed him his dream job... You sure someone who just want's a toy boy, would have done all that? Like listening to how he got nuked by Miho from the orbit, having never really seen her? As what, repayment for successfully bullying the weak fanboys out of their photo and video loot? Pfft.
Ah yes, the white knight sallies forth to save the damsel in distress, and then she swoons over him and they live happily ever after. I guess this is a fantasy story after all.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:21 am

Okashinamaru wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:08 am

Ah yes, the white knight sallies forth to save the damsel in distress, and then she swoons over him and they live happily ever after. I guess this is a fantasy story after all.
If you are down to that level of discussion, let yourself at least be directed to the fact, that this status quo now between Piro and his "girl" is mutual at least.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 am

Okashinamaru wrote:
cidjen wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:39 am
Do you even read MegaTokyo bro?

Fujii Yakumo
Location: Pikesville, People's Democratic Republic of Maryland

Post by Fujii Yakumo » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:07 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 am
Okashinamaru wrote:
Well, maybe, or maybe not. Or maybe Okashinamaru just got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Okashinamaru,

1) I think Kimiko sees Piro as much more than a boy-toy. Does she want him for herself? Maybe, but the last we knew, she was trying (as I think Cidjen has noted) to help him sort out his feelings for Miho.

2) I think it can fairly be said that up until the last week or so (in Megatokyo time) that Miho was pretty self-centered, believing that (except for a few people who knew her secret) people in general saw her as merely a toy to use for their own purposes. Recent events have proven to her that there are people (chief among them, Piro) who see her as more than a "story", who see her as someone worthy of love in her own right. Is she going to have difficulty in relating properly to those people, occasionally making mistakes and mis-steps? Of course she will -- she's been in a prison of sorts for over a century (if we're to believe her back-story), and freedom is a hard thing to get used to.
“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
There's a certain comfort in avoiding entanglements, in seeking to make one's heart unbreakable, the better to avoid having your heart broken yet again by other people, or by life generally. Give Miho some credit for turning away from that road, dude.

3) As for Ping ...... Miho's prison was one of bitterness and cynicism. Ping's prison is one of ignorance. We humans grow up (or should grow up) learning about our own natures and the natures of other people, and in "rubbing against other other people" learn how to deal with their rough edges (and our own) and come to know how to love and be loved. Ping never had that. Miho learned the wrong lesson from her experiences -- Ping has had basically no lessons at all, and has to play "catch up" on the 15 or 20 years of life that we take for granted.

Basically, Ping is struggling to grasp something that a lot of people have a problem with ...
Robert Godwin, in his blog, "One Cosmos", 22 Oct 2014 wrote:It is that the body is not made for oneself, but for the other. I can't remember the psychoanalytic theorist who discusses this, nor does it really matter, but it is a kind of narcissism to presume that one's genitals belong to oneself, so to speak. Rather, penis "belongs" to vagina, and vice versa (obvious, right?). The one is obviously meaningless in the absence of the other, for it is robbed of its sufficient reason; each is a signifier that doesn't refer to itself, but to its complementary opposite, on which it has a "lawful" claim ("lawful," as in being "in the nature of things").

This, I suggest, is the "spirit" of the truth which the Biblical injunction condemning onanism (and homosexuality, for that matter) is really about, for it violates God's design: that it is not good for man to be alone (or with a narcissistic image of himself, which amounts to the same thing via proxy).

As LaBarre explains, one of the "wrong messages" one may internalize from a dysfunctional childhood is that "there is no love to be had in another's body, and his only pleasure resources are in his own body and his own mind; he is not taught by love of the Other, the not-self that lies outside his own organic skin." Thus, the real injunction is against a self-sufficiency that forecloses the space where love and knowledge (not to mention religion) occur. The same thing would apply to alcoholism, or food addiction, or any other activity that encloses us in vice instead of versa.
(Godwin is referring primarily to men, but the same thing applies to women, too, for that matter.)

The last paragraph of the quote from Godwin applies to Miho, too -- her childhood may not have been dysfunctional, but her century-and-a-half-long young-adulthood certainly has been.

.... I've been banging away on this keyboard for most of an hour, and I have to go. (Please keep your cheers to yourselves. :) )

And where's Iffy when you need him, anyway?

(Edited for grammar)
Said Phoebe Snow
About to go
Upon a trip to Buffalo:
"My gown stays white
From morn 'til night
Upon the Road of Anthracite".

Advertising slogan from the Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western Railroad
1853-1960
Requiescat in pace.

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 am

cidjen wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:21 am
If you are down to that level of discussion, let yourself at least be directed to the fact, that this status quo now between Piro and his "girl" is mutual at least.
You could use that same kind of logic to prove that the relationship between slave and owner is equally "mutual". I mean the slave does work and the owner feeds and houses the slave and keeps him in good health. You would hardly call that an ideal sort of relationship though.
Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 am
6 years now. Long enough to get annoyed about details like this.
Fujii Yakumo wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:07 pm
1) I think Kimiko sees Piro as much more than a boy-toy. Does she want him for herself? Maybe, but the last we knew, she was trying (as I think Cidjen has noted) to help him sort out his feelings for Miho.
Yeah I'm sure she'll help him "sort out his feelings".

Fujii Yakumo wrote:
2) I think it can fairly be said that up until the last week or so (in Megatokyo time) that Miho was pretty self-centered, believing that (except for a few people who knew her secret) people in general saw her as merely a toy to use for their own purposes. Recent events have proven to her that there are people (chief among them, Piro) who see her as more than a "story", who see her as someone worthy of love in her own right. Is she going to have difficulty in relating properly to those people, occasionally making mistakes and mis-steps? Of course she will -- she's been in a prison of sorts for over a century (if we're to believe her back-story), and freedom is a hard thing to get used to.
I guess Piro's feelings never occurred to you, but they wouldn't, would they?
Fujii Yakumo wrote:
“To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
There's a certain comfort in avoiding entanglements, in seeking to make one's heart unbreakable, the better to avoid having your heart broken yet again by other people, or by life generally. Give Miho some credit for turning away from that road, dude.
That's way oversimplified, and you honestly have no idea.
Fujii Yakumo wrote:
3) As for Ping ......
That sounds nice on paper anyway. In reality people die over things like that.
Fujii Yakumo wrote:
And where's Iffy when you need him, anyway?
and there I thought you were an iffy smurf. :?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 am

Okashinamaru wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 am
cidjen wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:21 am
You could use that same kind of logic to prove that the relationship between slave and owner is equally "mutual". I mean the slave does work and the owner feeds and houses the slave and keeps him in good health. You would hardly call that an ideal sort of relationship though.

Going by that analogy, Piro was fired/pushed away by one master (Miho), was master-less for a while which has wreaked havoc in his mind, because a proper breed slave compulsively needs a master, can't survive without one ('I haven't understood anything since then') and now has willingly let himself be enslaved by a new one (Kimiko).
The Anna Miller's train disaster and subsequent making-up was just a fluke, as was his effort to bring Kimi's role into the right light in the Animate event, so let's disregard that. So basically the entire content of chapters 7, 8 and 9 is pointless?

See now it all sounds ridiculous right ? and now substitute the 'master-slave' relationship by 'love'. and now it all makes sense, again.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:55 am

maldrul wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:59 pm
I believe, this kind of gathering of the Piro Fan-club has already happened, and.... he was still clueless (well not sure if all 3 were there at the same time, but Yuki has witnessed both PxP and PxK and got cured from her crush... right?)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:21 pm

Okashinamaru wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 am
Miho only cares about him at all because she wants him to save her from her own self-created hell hole.
What's that based on? All we've seen in-comic is that as an Irish girl a long time ago, she became very "ill", and that now, when she dies, she wakes up again. There's no evidence at all so far that she ever had any choice in that.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:43 pm

cidjen wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:50 am
Going by that analogy, Piro was fired/pushed away by one master (Miho), was master-less for a while which has wreaked havoc in his mind, because a proper breed slave compulsively needs a master, can't survive without one ('I haven't understood anything since then') and now has willingly let himself be enslaved by a new one (Kimiko).
It wasn't intended as an analogy, just as a comparison of degree.
cidjen wrote:
The Anna Miller's train disaster and subsequent making-up was just a fluke, as was his effort to bring Kimi's role into the right light in the Animate event, so let's disregard that. So basically the entire content of chapters 7, 8 and 9 is pointless?
Viewed a certain way that would be an entirely appropriate conclusion.
cidjen wrote:
See now it all sounds ridiculous right ? and now substitute the 'master-slave' relationship by 'love'. and now it all makes sense, again.
You throw that word around rather casually like it's some kind of magical fix-all. It only makes perfect sense if you're willing to buy into the one-dimensional delusional meaning and disregard real human tendencies.
darrin wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:21 pm
What's that based on? All we've seen in-comic is that as an Irish girl a long time ago, she became very "ill", and that now, when she dies, she wakes up again. There's no evidence at all so far that she ever had any choice in that.
There are subtle things. Granted that it's a point of speculation, but I strongly suspect it to be the case.

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Okashinamaru wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:43 pm
I strongly suspect it to be the case.
Uh, yeah, I got that part, thanks. :roll: I'm asking what things, subtle or otherwise, that "suspicion" is based on.

If it's just another "Miho is evil cuz I say so" deal, we've already got a Teddy-Werebear, and sorry but he's more fun to read.

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:12 pm

darrin wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:45 pm
Uh, yeah, I got that part, thanks. :roll: I'm asking what things, subtle or otherwise, that "suspicion" is based on.

If it's just another "Miho is evil cuz I say so" deal, we've already got a Teddy-Werebear, and sorry but he's more fun to read.
Well, why is it that Miho being trapped in her story seems to be contingent on her self-loathing and self-pitying? She's a magical girl, but then again so is Yuki and Yuki doesn't seem to have the same problems. It seems apparent that something specific must be keeping Miho trapped, and whatever it is it's at least influenced by her.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 pm

Okashinamaru wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:12 pm
darrin wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Well, why is it that Miho being trapped in her story seems to be contingent on her self-loathing and self-pitying? She's a magical girl, but then again so is Yuki and Yuki doesn't seem to have the same problems. It seems apparent that something specific must be keeping Miho trapped, and whatever it is it's at least influenced by her.
So much wrong with this

Miho is not self loathing nor is she self pitying and she is NOT a Magical Girl. She's in a completely different category of entity and just because she's a girl no more makes her an MG than her being able to fight like a banshee makes her a ninja.

You're projecting something if you think you understand Miho and that's what you see

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Okashinamaru wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:43 pm

Viewed a certain way that would be an entirely appropriate conclusion.
cidjen wrote:
You throw that word around rather casually like it's some kind of magical fix-all. It only makes perfect sense if you're willing to buy into the one-dimensional delusional meaning and disregard real human tendencies.
Ugh sarcasm-fu is not my forte, I see what you're aiming at - I was trying to exagerate rather than reinforce your position - you know, the classic 'reductio ad absurdum' move, and i guess I failed at that too, oh well, I'm sorry. As they say, sarcasm is a double-edged sword.

You'd be right though, if, and only if, this story was about real human tendencies, I guess.

Think of all the characters here as characters in a game, though, and you'd get another dimension you're looking for (you've seen what @Invisigoth wrote earlier, here and otherwise, right?). As in, being characters, the 'love' and the 'story' between them makes sense.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:19 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 pm
Miho is not self loathing nor is she self pitying and she is NOT a Magical Girl. She's in a completely different category of entity and just because she's a girl no more makes her an MG than her being able to fight like a banshee makes her a ninja.
Masamichi seemed to classify her as such. As for the rest of that, well you're entitled to your opinion I guess.
cidjen wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:30 pm
Ugh sarcasm-fu is not my forte, I see what you're aiming at - I was trying to exagerate rather than reinforce your position - you know, the classic 'reductio ad absurdum' move, and i guess I failed at that too, oh well, I'm sorry. As they say, sarcasm is a double-edged sword.
That was basically what I did. You just tried to do it wronger. :P
cidjen wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:30 pm
You'd be right though, if, and only if, this story was about real human tendencies, I guess.

Think of all the characters here as characters in a game, though, and you'd get another dimension you're looking for (you've seen what @Invisigoth wrote earlier, here and otherwise, right?). As in, being characters, the 'love' and the 'story' between them makes sense.
I think maybe the last 4 years of filler has melted your brain. This comic used to be a lot darker and it seems to be finally going back in that direction.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Okashinamaru wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:19 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:28 pm
Masamichi seemed to classify her as such. As for the rest of that, well you're entitled to your opinion I guess.

It's not my opinion, it is canon. There are of course some misunderstandings about the status of the various monster in MegaTokyo but that just makes it interesting

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:44 pm

Okashinamaru wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:12 pm
Well, why is it that Miho being trapped in her story seems to be contingent on her self-loathing and self-pitying?
Sorry but I don't see the causal arrows pointing in that direction. The frustrations I've seen Miho display (I know Invisigoth doesn't want to go as far as "self-loathing", but whatever one chooses to call it...) are certainly an understandable result of what's been happening to her, but that doesn't imply that those frustrations are causing her to reincarnate or whatever.
It seems apparent that something specific must be keeping Miho trapped, and whatever it is it's at least influenced by her.
The first part is obvious, I agree. The second seems less likely to me than Miho's frustrations or "negativity" being a pretty straightforward result of her lack of control over the cycle she finds herself trapped in.

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 pm

darrin wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:44 pm
Sorry but I don't see the causal arrows pointing in that direction. The frustrations I've seen Miho display (I know Invisigoth doesn't want to go as far as "self-loathing", but whatever one chooses to call it...) are certainly an understandable result of what's been happening to her, but that doesn't imply that those frustrations are causing her to reincarnate or whatever.

The first part is obvious, I agree. The second seems less likely to me than Miho's frustrations or "negativity" being a pretty straightforward result of her lack of control over the cycle she finds herself trapped in.
Well I guess we can agree to disagree on that point.

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:29 pm

Okashinamaru wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:55 pm
agree to disagree
I guess, but Occam would seem to suggest that the least hypothesis is that someone being trapped n a cycle they have no control over would understandably express a little occasional frustration at that. Someone experiencing some kind of unnamed intense frustration (at what? if it's not caused by the reincarnation cycle, it would need to be caused by something else, which we haven't seen in-comic, hence would become another unexplained assumption) and as a result becoming unkillable, on the other hand, is a vastly more complicated hypothesis.

I've experienced a heck of a lot of frustration over the past fifty years largely as a result of my own occasional dumbassery. It sure as fsck hasn't given me any superpowers. :/

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:56 pm

Okashinamaru wrote:

I think maybe the last 4 years of filler has melted your brain. This comic used to be a lot darker and it seems to be finally going back in that direction.
Aaaaaand that here is a complete miss which you would have known if you read the forum :)

(Hint : look at what point my translation is at right now and when did I start writing here.)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Okashinamaru

Post by Okashinamaru » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 pm

darrin wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:29 pm
I guess, but Occam would seem to suggest that the least hypothesis is that someone being trapped n a cycle they have no control over would understandably express a little occasional frustration at that. Someone experiencing some kind of unnamed intense frustration (at what? if it's not caused by the reincarnation cycle, it would need to be caused by something else, which we haven't seen in-comic, hence would become another unexplained assumption) and as a result becoming unkillable, on the other hand, is a vastly more complicated hypothesis.

I've experienced a heck of a lot of frustration over the past fifty years largely as a result of my own occasional dumbassery. It sure as fsck hasn't given me any superpowers. :/
Well obviously some sort of external factor had to be involved, but the fact that she can change her story at all suggests that it had always been possible but she kept choosing to die.
cidjen wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:56 pm
Aaaaaand that here is a complete miss which you would have known if you read the forum :)

(Hint : look at what point my translation is at right now and when did I start writing here.)
If it had been worth the time then I probably would have. It was pretty much mindless though.

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:29 pm

cidjen wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:56 pm
Okashinamaru wrote:
Geeze I totally missed that one.

Unless my math is off "the last 4 years" would be everything past early January of 2015, that is, since the last page of the preceding chapter.

So... after the "filler" of Chapter 12, we are finally "going back" in the direction of the darker origins of MegaTokyo... with the events of Chapter 12.

:|

EDIT:
Okashinamaru wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:27 pm
Well obviously some sort of external factor had to be involved, but the fact that she can change her story at all suggests that it had always been possible but she kept choosing to die.
Sorry, when do we see Miho changing her own story? I can't think of any examples prior to the current chapter. In this one, there were references to her story being changed, but that was by Piro, when he saw to it that a pacemaker was installed instead of her being allowed to die as the story always previously required. Yakugashi offered to write her a new story, but they were rudely interrupted before any mechanism was proposed as to how Yaku writing anything would actually affect Miho's life.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:46 pm

AFAIK the only mechanism available to Miho to "change" the story is to place herself in a situation where she'll be killed. Her death is still equally tragic so there is no real change.