[1540] alone?

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Olba

Re: [1540] alone?

Post by Olba » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:58 am

cidjen wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:16 am
Or it's Mugi before she let her tails down and ears out.
It was Yakugashi who did that, not Mugi. Get your foxgirls right!

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Olba wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:58 am
cidjen wrote:
I said Mugi(Komugiko) because I meant Mugi. Do you not think Miho could not have known Mugi since she was a kid like that?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:04 pm

cidjen wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:03 pm
Olba wrote:
cidjen wrote:
I said Mugi(Komugiko) because I meant Mugi. Do you not think Miho could not have known Mugi since she was a kid like that?
Or at least since she first met a terrified, pregnant and homeless kitsune who happened to be about Yaku's age just a few years more than that in the past....

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:17 pm

cidjen wrote:
Olba wrote:
cidjen wrote:
*see europeans fighting over foxgirl minutiae*
*passes around american sized tub of popcorn* Image
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:52 pm

*pours high fat butter on popcorn*

Foxgirls are overrated, anyway. Catgirls are cuter....

*hides in Masamichi-grade bunker*

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:25 pm

@Yell D4 N00b only until you realize that CATPEOPLE ARE NINJAS. :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Olba

Post by Olba » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:31 pm

cidjen wrote:
Olba wrote:
cidjen wrote:
But there has never been any indication that Mugi ever did that? She's always been very forward about her kitsuneness and quite comfortable with it as well...
Foxgirls have one advantage though: They exist in Megatokyo.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:36 pm

Olba wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:31 pm
Foxgirls have one advantage though: They exist in Megatokyo.
That's why ninjas have masks...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:30 pm

...what the hell?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:55 am

He he,
I know it's Stuff Fred Said (actually Drew) but there is an explanation (see in one of the older WIP threads before we started having a megathread) why ninjas have masks
SpoilerShow
basically they hide their cat faces, Fred drew Junpei without one, Junpei is real high level lion :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:38 am

Not alive enough for you "either." Miho is looking at the little girls feet walking into the room when she says "alone." So is this little girl also not alive enough for Miho to consider her good company while dying?

Could be a Miho stand-in for talking to herself kind of thing. Could be a ghost from the old mansion that near to death Miho had been visited by. What Victorian Era Irish mansion DOESN'T have a ghost or two? A dead little sister perhaps. A little girl Miho pushed off the crate after her ship wreck (moments before the Pirates appeared out of the mist of course)? Typical non-typical form for some grand inquisitor angel there to decide what to do with dead again Miho. (send her back, send her to heaven, send her to hell, other).

Too many possibilities and too many clues. This is one of those scenes that will be a lot bigger several scenes later when we get some context.

Hmmm... she does look like MIho. Last we saw of 19th century Miho, she was to be married off quickly. Why? Who else does the little girl look like? Why did the family need to forbid her to talk about her adventure AND hide her away in a distant estate? Who else has Fred drawn with those eyes? Maybe she has her fathers eyes. https://megatokyo.com/strip/1404 I don't believe this, just tossing it out there for fun.

DS

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:54 am

Olba wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:31 pm

But there has never been any indication that Mugi ever did that? She's always been very forward about her kitsuneness and quite comfortable with it as well...
We only know Mugi from where she was an adult already. I have a feeling, Miho's relationship with her goes well beyond what we're shown in the comic (actually, ask Chemiclord... I haven't read the books either sorry :) ) then what if there is something beyond the prequel novels?

We'll just have to wait and see if we can get the answers :)
DrunkenSailor wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:38 am

Hmmm... she does look like MIho. Last we saw of 19th century Miho, she was to be married off quickly. Why? Who else does the little girl look like? Why did the family need to forbid her to talk about her adventure AND hide her away in a distant estate? Who else has Fred drawn with those eyes? Maybe she has her fathers eyes. https://megatokyo.com/strip/1404 I don't believe this, just tossing it out there for fun.

DS
Aaand yeah this blows my little mind right up :)

So ... did Miho's behavior when she learned of the Little Polygon Bump not give you 'i've been there before' sort of vibes? Did not to me. But I'm known to be less than well observant. Hmmm mysterious illness, yeah, right.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:10 am

So am I miss seeing something because the little girl with the wand seems to have a white (or light colored) forelock of hair. I don't remember anyone like that.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:26 am

You need to pay better attention to exactly what the young girl is saying. You've seen this before

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:37 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:26 am
You need to pay better attention to exactly what the young girl is saying. You've seen this before
Is it in the comic or general canon (like in Chemi's books?)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:46 am

kendermouse wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:07 pm
Oh noes, we will be eated. Is the Werebear actually a grue?
Exits stage left, pursued by a bear.
(Takes up the chase.)
OOOOOooooo... little mouse ladies make this bear hungry for hugs and kisses!

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:51 am

Invisigoth wrote:
I dunno. If the little girl had said "punish you most painfully", then that' would have an obvious reference to Moeko's catchphrase [472] [589] [1458]. But she all she said was "punish you", which I'm not sure is enough.

Or maybe you meant something else.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:01 am

Fred has established nested relationships rather like matryoshka doll

EndGames exist within MegaTokyo which exists within unMod

There's a similar relationship between CA's like Miho, MG's like Yuki, Meimi and Ririka and Idol's like Erika and Kimi

There is branching as well with things like Full MegaTokyo Panic existing in parallel with or possibly higher up the tree

You can take this here Red Pill or take the Blue one.....(political commentary is not applicable here...)

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:44 am

Invisigoth wrote:
[1035] and [1327] were what sprang to mind for me.

My feeling is that "that girl" refers to Yaku, and this isn't a scene shift, just a viewpoint shift.

More speculatively, is the the little girl another aspect of Miho - say the "eternal" talking to the "incarnate"?

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:07 pm

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:38 am
Not alive enough for you "either."
Hmm. Last I remember Miho saying something about someone not being alive enough for her to "use" was in regard to Ping. The way she talks about "taking" from others and "using" them no doubt inspired a lot of the fear and loathing Miho draws from some quarters; and those like me who at the time considered it too vague to commit to any hypotheses certainly couldn't claim she was just taking the piss (compared to the times she says something similar to Largo or Yuki), since she's saying it to herself.

But a lot's happened since then. Still no explicit in-comic confirmation of what an "analogue" actually is, but we at least have a general indication that the emotions of the "fanboy horde" drive her story to its "completion" with her death... and then the cycle repeats. It would be hard to imagine someone being happy with such a state of affairs, and in the recent chapters where these things have been coming to light she's expressed a lot more distress than aplomb regarding it. It's far from 100% certain but it seems a reasonable guess it's not something she chose, or at the very least doesn't want now, but is unable to do anything about (unless the pacemaker installation permanently "changed" anything, which remains to be seen).

What if all those times she spoke of "feeding off others" or their emotions.. she wasn't talking about a chosen act? What if she meant force-feeding? Miho as Stability's foie gras? The emotions of untold numbers of fanboys constantly jammed down her emotional gullet, Miho unable to turn away or even gag it back up? The emotions themselves pulling her in a direction she didn't want to go in the first place (another death, another resetting, over and over with no end in sight)?

Then once in a great while, along comes someone like Piro. Someone bumbling and naive enough to blunder past the story she was "supposed" to have; rather than shedding a noble tear at the "beauty" of the sickly girl's tragic end, someone who'd be plenty happy to see her get through it, get out of the hospital, have a nice "boring" life. I find it difficult to comprehend how much of a relief such emotions would seem to her, a tiny pull in the opposite direction from the fanboy emotions pulling her the way she's always pulled. It would take tremendous force of will on her part to break that off, to prevent Piro from becoming yet another of the "people who love her [that] die", to push him away so violently ("ha ha I was a guy the whole time") that she'd be sure no lingering feelings remained (that could keep him in narrative danger) and that she herself wouldn't have time for second thoughts, to hang on for "one more hit".

Then along comes Ping. As naive as Piro but far more innocent. She's thrilled enough just at the prospect of being friends with Miho, she certainly doesn't want (due to her programmed design and her own evolving personality) anything specific from Miho's story, let alone "need" Miho to die tragically at the end of it. But either her robotic emotions aren't the right "kind" to help Miho, or they simply don't provide a strong enough "pull" (Ping is by design an -- at least initially -- "empty vessel" to support the particular gameplay of a single fanboy owner, gameplay that Piro had studiously refrained from engaging in at that point) against that of the fanboys.

Now if "that girl" being referred to is really Yakugashi, and if Mystery Wand Girl isn't just being snidely insulting, then... why would Yakugashi be as "unusable" as Ping was? (If any of this "feeding on emotions" stuff means anything practical, could Miho have hypothetically "fed off" Yaku to regain some strength and keep up the fight or at least escape?) No evidence for anything yet, but there are certainly a handful of plausible possibilities... Yakugashi is young, so her emotions aren't "focused" enough or something yet for Miho to use them in that way; Yaku's an author in her own right, and ironically her ability to consider multiple potential plot lines prevents her from becoming emotionally attached enough to any of them to give Miho whatever juice she needs.

There's obviously no evidence for any of the above even in general terms, let alone any specific details. But even considering something vague and nebulously related to the above is finally helping me give a possible non-negative spin to all the talk of "feeding off others" that I used to struggle to reconcile with my otherwise positive impression of her (or at least "not quite as negative as the attitude she inspires in the most vocal members of the anti-Miho contingent" :P), as well as give a little more justification to the horrific way she dumped Piro back then. (I'd already conceded that it would from her point of view be consistent with her claim that "people who love her die", but the "force-feeding" analogy has made the urgency with which she'd need to convert his positive emotions to negative ones a lot more visceral for me.)

EDIT:
Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:01 am
You can take this here Red Pill or take the Blue one.....
Pfft. "Or" is for mundanes.
Last edited by darrin on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:40 pm

There was the Miho x Junko encounter pre-comic time (that ended when, what Junko thought, Miho's phone was found in the trash). Junko was pretty upset about it back then. Clearly she thought it was Miho's prank - as did Piro when Miho dumped him the way she did.

Was Junko the previous not-alive-enough girl? And Piro was supposed to be one (girl) too?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:07 pm

cidjen wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:40 pm
Was Junko the previous not-alive-enough girl? And Piro was supposed to be one (girl) too?
Regardless of my opinion on those two particular possibilities, you raise an excellent point: English "either" doesn't necessarily mean "one out of two possbilities". Although it often does structurally ("either this or that"), it's by no means limited to that: "none of the first ten things we tried worked, and this didn't either."

Magic Wand Girl could very well be referring to multiple previous "incidents" (whatever those incidents may have entailed).

As for Junko and Piro in particular being in that set or not... Well, the "overheat" warning light on my wall-o'-text-inator is still blinking (curse you, Perry the Platypus!), so I am gonna hold off for a few rounds... ;)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Time for the the remake of an awesome movie?

The Burning Bed!

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:13 pm
Time for the the remake of an awesome movie?

The Burning Bed!
Fred has explicitly stated that he will not draw what is happening between Piro and Kimiko, so leave that to your imagination and go on.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:10 pm
Fred has explicitly stated that he will not draw what is happening between Piro and Kimiko, so leave that to your imagination and go on.
I have a very vivid imagination ;)