[1538] Mad

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Mamma Peach

Re: [1538] Mad

Post by Mamma Peach » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:18 pm

Taking Yaku to the Sonoda's? That would be all kinds of interesting...
(Paging through book one...
Oh, so Largo's responsible for Junpei's unusual hair color! He was a normal ninja until beaten at Mortal Kombat...)

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Mamma Peach wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:18 pm
Taking Yaku to the Sonoda's? That would be all kinds of interesting...
Much as I still think the Sawatari shrine would make a bit more sense narratively, the opportunity for shenanigans at the Sonodas' (given that they are presumably still dealing with a presumably still completely pantsless Zilla girl) might very well be too tempting for Fred to pass up on. :lol:
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:35 pm

Despite Masamichi being pretty seriously "whipped" I doubt that he'd stand for a stray kitsune kit being dropped off in their keeping. Besides which I doubt that Yakugashi would like it at all and would probably take off at the first possible opportunity to head home.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:37 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:35 pm
Despite Masamichi being pretty seriously "whipped" I doubt that he'd stand for a stray kitsune kit being dropped off in their keeping. Besides which I doubt that Yakugashi would like it at all and would probably take off at the first possible opportunity to head home.
Or to the hospital......

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Well, yeah, it would not be a sensible idea, and nobody involved would be happy about it, hence "shenanigans" as I said.

If we're restricting the conversation to non-shenaniganish plot possibilities, then I have to say (expanding on the question I raised last discussion thread about where Junpei was likely to take them), I think taking Yakugashi to the hospital would be a bad idea at this point. If the ninja are aware of Mugi's location (or have been keeping any kind of eye on Junpei's recent movements), and if they decided to make a move there (moving "up the chain" towards great grandma so to speak), then Junpei and/or Miho will have both a frightened girl and a badly injured woman to protect in a very insecure location.

Hence my preference (as I said last thread) for getting Yaku to the shrine; but of course, that would only solve half the problem if the ninja attack Mugi at the hospital. If Mugi is transportable, then presumably one of Miho or Junpei would need to evac her (again to the shrine I assume) while the other holds off the attackers. If she's not, then Junpei would need to keep them at bay with or without Miho's help. If one sides with Teddy Werebear, then of course Miho would never help him; and if you're concerned that her bout of weakness while trying to save Yaku was not a one-off, then she might not be up to helping him regardless of her wishes. Either way the tactical question is the same: will Junpei have an extra set of hands while trying to protect Mugi, or will he be going it alone.

Or maybe the ninja have no intention of attacking the hospital at all, and will bide their time to see Junpei and Miho's next moves. (Ninja grandma has been flipping back and forth so much on the subject I honestly have no clue currently just how serious she is about the feud with the Sawataris.)

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:44 pm

In the words of the great Quake overlord....

"Holy shit!"

Miho isn't sticking around while she's got Yaku next to her. Better to get her out of the way than to let her become collateral damage.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

infidel

Post by infidel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:52 pm

Every time I see Junpei sporting is "N" t-shirt. I expect the ™ sign there too.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:35 am

Pardon me for beating my own drum,
cidjen wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:13 am
Looks like there will be much urban (err oh sorry forest) area destruction coming from fight between Junpei and Dad.

Any thoughts where Miho Is now heading?

Let's speculate...

To The Foxhole, only to see Piro and Kimiko leaving and kissing in the street from the distance with the evening sun in the background...

Yaku runs to the hotel, finds Megumi, Ping finds Miho looking pale....

Or jumps above Tokyo just as the 'story explosions' made from Kimiko and Piro smooching and from Junpei fighting his family, makes for a stunning view of 2 distant 'sunsets'.

After all there is the Artist and the Actress getting intimate in one place, and the Story Enforcement fighting a Ninja Editor in the other place.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Roborat

Post by Roborat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Well, thanks to the forum, I was able to get my head around what was going on here. I wasn't sure what the interplay between Junpei and Miho meant, but I think you guys nailed it. So the next question is; where are the girls are going? I like the suggestions of dropping Yaku with the Sonada family, aren't the two girls about the same age? They might become good friends, and they could go visit at the hospital together, since poor chewtoy is still recovering from his girlfriend's attentions.

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Roborat wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:35 pm
I like the suggestions of dropping Yaku with the Sonada family, aren't the two girls about the same age?
Is Yuki even there though? I thought she hadn't been seen since the hospital (1500). Or were you referring to Zilla Girl?

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:29 am

Ningen wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 pm
Sackett wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:53 pm
<snip>
great-grandmother's shrine - which Miho also likely knows about.
How?
Consider that Mugi repeatedly complained to Miho about Pirogoth.

How likely do you think it is that Mugi never complained about her grandmother, and her fox tribe, and her estrangement from them?

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:32 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:35 pm
Err... you really think Masamichi would turn away a young girl who is being targeted for kidnapping? Just because she's kitsune?

I don't think Meimi would love a man who thought that way.

Also, Masamichi is almost certainly still at work (dealing with the fallout of Miho's "death") so Meimi will be the one at home, and making the decision.

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:40 am

Sackett wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:32 am
[...] so Meimi will be the one at home, and making the decision.
Yep. And Meimi is sufficiently distracted coming up with topologically impossible pants that her only "decision" would likely be something like "yeah yeah sure, Miho be a dear and show her where the kitchen is, help yourself to anything sweetie, sorry gotta... thing to deal with..."

[alt]Four things and a lizard[/alt]

(Again, at the risk of being pedantic, I still consider Sawatari shrine the more likely logical possibility, the above hinges entirely on Fred's current mood for shenanigans.)

EDIT:
Back to the more serious side of the argument:
Sackett wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:29 am
How likely do you think it is that Mugi never complained about her grandmother, and her fox tribe, and her estrangement from them?
Very unlikely sure, but the bigger obstacle is whether Mugi ever mentioned its location (beyond a vague "up near Himeji" that wouldn't be useful currently), or whether Yaku is willing to trust "that Tohya woman" (i.e. the very strange person her mom is so annoyingly obsessed with) enough to tell her its location. Again I still consider it the most likely outcome but Miho may need to do some convincing first.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:24 pm

Miho is not welcome at or near the Sonoda's... ever... and she knows it.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:24 pm
Well, depends on if Meimi lets Masamichi have his way or not. I don't think Meimi would mind at all.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:39 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:24 pm
Pff, neither was an undead RAZ but Mr. S didn't get much traction on that one either. I agree with paarfi that he would be very unlikely to go up against the Trouble at Strife on this issue (not for the first time), even if he were home, which as Sackett correctly points out, he ain't. :P

There are plenty of arguments against Yaku ending up at the Sonoda's (again, shenanigans), but Masamichi's grumblings are not likely to be high among them.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:05 pm

I believe that I need to clarify a point that I made earlier.

Imagine if you will a governmental authority, (Masamichi), taking custody of a dependent minor (Yakugashi) . "for the welfare of the child"

What happened to cause this? Oh well the precocious teen goes wandering out into areas that were definitely NOT safe without any knowledge nor permission from her mother. She crossed a line if you will

Oh and while we're at it Miho has MOST DEFINITELY saved both of Yaku's tails and Junpei is only now redeeming himself from allowing himself to be emotionally blackmailed by a teenage girl.

His grandmother is right, he really is still very much just a kid in so many ways.

As for Miho going over to the Sonoda's...were Meimi to invite Miho over for a visit I'm sure that she'd have a long and heartfelt discussion with Masamichi because Miho is a very old friend who means a lot to her

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 am

paarfi wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:27 pm
Well, depends on if Meimi lets Masamichi have his way or not. I don't think Meimi would mind at all.
I think his opinion at the home counts more than you or many others may think. Not because he is the man of the house and rules his castle, but because Meimi might try to be a little more traditional as a way to break from her old hijinks and all the chaos that ruled her younger life. It is an odd war with her general disposition and personality I will grant you. It is just an off the wall hunch on mine with little evidence I can think of right now, D&P.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:20 am

Largo has a contract to neutralize placed on him by the TPCD and Meimi working as a subcontractor for the Ninja on that contract.

Meimi invited Erika and Largo over for a dinner party and Masamichi didn't "put his foot down" and opinion of Largo isn't particularly high.

I am failing to see exactly why he'd object to Miho, he's frightened of her but then he is very likely uneasy with his wife and daughter as well.

I'm sure that'd be a lovely conversation, "That girl is a dangerous magical entity!" Fill in the rest as you will

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:49 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:20 am
Largo has a contract to neutralize placed on him by the TPCD and Meimi working as a subcontractor for the Ninja on that contract.
s/has/had ?

And Meimi did say she did not decide if she wants to do that yet, too.

Meimi invited Erika and Largo over for a dinner party and Masamichi didn't "put his foot down" and opinion of Largo isn't particularly high.
s/isn't/wasn't ?
That probably changed as he partcipated in the dinner party - maybe Largo has a really nice personality off-camera (compare [1025])?

Also if the contract was still valid, wouldn't Masamichi just arrest him when he came to MG to invite them ?

I am failing to see exactly why he'd object to Miho, he's frightened of her but then he is very likely uneasy with his wife and daughter as well.

I'm sure that'd be a lovely conversation, "That girl is a dangerous magical entity!" Fill in the rest as you will
Well not for 'multiple violations of the dress code', that's for sure...
Just for the one time he almost lost Tokyo...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:51 pm

The contract to neutralize Largo was taken by the Ninja who then subcontracted it to Meimi. It was not an arrest warrant but rather a writ for an extra-judicial action to be taken against a non-citizen who is in country on a obscure visa that was dependant on Largo winning a game of Mortal Combat against Junpei.

This is of course absurd and frankly it was extremely foolhardy for Largo to attend that dinner no matter how important Meimi's opinion is to Erika.

I suspect that Miho is as important to Meimi as Meimi is to Erika.

For some reason many people allow their personal animus toward Miho to shroud the fact that Miho and her story as they stood are extremely important to the forces of Stability. They don't want her dead because they hate her, they want her dead so that she can respawn in the ASF and thus allow Stability to maintain control of the masses through that story.

If it was simple outrage and the powers that be were interested in maintaining control with no regard to how heavy handed they are the quickest and most efficient manner of dealing with Largo is to kidnap Erika, have her raped and tortured to death, shoot the suspect as he attempts to flee the police and allow her tragic death add too and embellish the tragedy of Miho's story.