[1537] an answer

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

eomdal
Location: Northern California: Proud nexus of Unreal America.

Re: [1537] an answer

Post by eomdal » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Great comic, Fred. Great action and classic Megatokyo humor. Thank you for the laughs.

The tail grab at the end is a smile and a wonder: comfort, borrowing power, or "you little idiot!"?

As to where they are going, the Megagamer's apartment does seem like the only place that all three of them can go at once, though it's not entirely safe. It's on everyone's radar, and it probably still has at least some low-level monitoring by someone, most likely the NPCs. The Foxhole would be where Miho wants to be, it's a safe place for Yaku, and neutral for Junpei, but it is very fresh in the Ninja's minds. It has been pointed out that the hospital is where Yaku is supposed to be but it's bad for Miho. The Sawatari shrine is good for Yaku, too, but it's not known if Miho will be welcome there and Junpei almost certainly won't be.

I am assuming that the Ninjas cannot, or should not, enter the grounds of the shrine. (otherwise why hold Yaku at all?) If the Ninjas are still after Yaku, then Junpei will have to drop her off at the shine gate, then drop off Miho at the Foxhole and bounce before his family jump him.

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:06 am

paarfi wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:18 pm
I think all three of them would realize that taking Miho back to the hospital that she just trashed might not be the best idea, but they might also all be concerned about Miho's health again, so maybe the hospital is the right place.
I take it the hospital has been rebuilt by now. =)
eomdal wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:30 pm
Great comic, Fred. Great action and classic Megatokyo humor. Thank you for the laughs.
Hear, hear! =)
eomdal wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:30 pm
The tail grab at the end is a smile and a wonder: comfort, borrowing power, or "you little idiot!"?
suggestion {
.replace( 'or' -> 'and/or' );
}
emoticon {
.smile();
}
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

Zagaroth

Post by Zagaroth » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:13 am

Small Pink Mouse wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:18 pm
Roborat wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:22 pm
I love the bodies flying when he lands. Those poor Ninja red-shirts are having a rough day, first the Miho storm, and now this. So that is Ninja dad? Who is the other person holding up Ninja Mom? Why is Miho grabbing her butt? tail? in the last panel?

Teleports traditionally require touch contact. Being held by someone who is also holding the person you want to take with you might not be good enough. ^_^
Oh, that's a good catch! She could be just about in position to 'exit' the scene the hard way and take them both with her.

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:22 am

Oh man, Junpei is pissed off big time. He made one hell of an entrance, I wonder if his current emotional state has supercharged his Ninja abilities. He heard the distress call from the daughter of the woman that he is in love with and made a couple of super Ninja leaps and trashed the gathered Ninjas in one shot, and gathered up the girls before anyone had time to react. Then he comes face to face with Mom, Dad, and Grandma. By her reaction Grandma saw this confrontation coming. Junpei is obviously the black sheep of the family, he has apparently cast aside the traditional ways in favor of a more modern approach and Mom and Dad are not happy about it. How much you want to bet that Grandma encouraged that behavior initially. Now it looks like that the rift in the Ninja family is getting even bigger.
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

Roborat

Post by Roborat » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:43 pm

jkhartl wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:32 pm
Roborat wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:22 pm
I love the bodies flying when he lands. Those poor Ninja red-shirts are having a rough day, first the Miho storm, and now this. So that is Ninja dad? Who is the other person holding up Ninja Mom? Why is Miho grabbing her butt? tail? in the last panel?
That's ninjagram, nijadad and nijamom. Miho may be trying to comfort Yaku (she can't reach her shoulder or back), or maybe she can power up from a little touch of tail.
Ah, got it now, I misinterpreted some of the dialogue. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Onca

Post by Onca » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:34 am

Is it possible Junpei is part magic boy? He seems way up there on the ninja power scale. It would tie into his current status with the other ninjas, and with his entanglement with the main story.

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:52 am

GouryG wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:22 am
Oh man, Junpei is pissed off big time. He made one hell of an entrance, I wonder if his current emotional state has supercharged his Ninja abilities. He heard the distress call from the daughter of the woman that he is in love with and made a couple of super Ninja leaps and trashed the gathered Ninjas in one shot, and gathered up the girls before anyone had time to react. Then he comes face to face with Mom, Dad, and Grandma. By her reaction Grandma saw this confrontation coming. Junpei is obviously the black sheep of the family, he has apparently cast aside the traditional ways in favor of a more modern approach and Mom and Dad are not happy about it. How much you want to bet that Grandma encouraged that behavior initially. Now it looks like that the rift in the Ninja family is getting even bigger.
I suspect that Gandma is quite in favour of Junpei's attitude, and probably a bit disappointed with his straight-laced mom & dad. She comes across to me as a rather mischievous and flexible personality. She will still prioritize the clan honour, but rigid rules are not her thing.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:01 am

Onca wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:34 am
Is it possible Junpei is part magic boy? He seems way up there on the ninja power scale. It would tie into his current status with the other ninjas, and with his entanglement with the main story.
Welcome to the forum.

Junpei as magical boy has been suggested by a few others here before, but I don't see it myself. Some ninja are just more powerful than others, and Junpei is known to be a high level ninja [684]. There are also more than a few folks here on the forum who still think Miho is a magical girl, which I don't agree with either. Megatokyo has room for more kinds of power, and that's a good thing.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:03 am

No, Ninja are NOT Magical Girls nor boys....

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:47 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:03 am
Quite. as Junpei noted: Ninja live by code of honor. Magical girl live by code of love. This lead to many disaster and much destruction of urban area. Honor much safer.

I assume that goes for Magical boiz as well. :>

Also, it seems that 'Ninja-talk' is a part of the Ninja code. Head Ninja also talked like Junpei. But, if you notice, the female ninja apparently loyal to ninjagrams don't. In fact, one of the female ninja admitted that she 'could' love a kitsune, if that kit was as cute as Yaku.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:06 am

Junpei has apparently abandoned Honor in favor of the Code of Love. Maybe he's a M4j1kal Boi now.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:41 am

I think Junpei is the most honorable of all the ninjas at the compound. He wouldn't kidnap an innocent to lure out someone on their hit list.

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:41 pm

Hoo, boy. I forsee some serious complications regarding Junpei vs. N1NJ4 clan. Honor, loyalty, et. al., might have gone out the window.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:17 am

The Sawatari Shrine is I think slightly far away (Himeji, that's in Nagano Area, Google says it is 280 something miles away from Tokyo) although it's not like they are pressed for time to make the journey there and back, but even Miho may have difficulties if she tried to make it there alone with Yaku in tow.... And no doubt pursued by ninjas. Miho should try to expedite a ninja subjugation spell...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

darrin

Post by darrin » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Do we have any indication how far Junpei's family villa is from Tokyo? 1471 to me seems to imply it's not particularly close. Not that that makes it any closer to Himeji, I just don't see explicit indications that Himeji would be any farther away than any of Junpei's other obvious choices.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:28 pm

No you're right we don't know (although in very ninja-manga style the compound is surrounded by a large forest, which may or may not be anywhere near Tokyo, probably...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

BakaJedi
Location: Puget Sound (state of WA, USA [my birth•place - but I grew up as a "Navy Brat" since Oct↔️Dec 1975])

Post by BakaJedi » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:15 am

Invisigoth wrote:
:roll: Tell that to the *bleep*ing Naruto–fans!

Mamma Peach

Post by Mamma Peach » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:59 am

Don't know what Naruto has to do with that... :?

darrin

Post by darrin » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:42 pm

BakaJedi wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:15 am
Invisigoth wrote:
:roll: Tell that to the *bleep*ing Naruto–fans!
Meh, the Kagetora fans would side with Inviisigoth on this one, and I'm inclined to agree. Training. Discipline. A f***ing huge bowl of pure white rice at every meal. These are the things that make a Ninja; if you're trying to use "magic", you're either cheating or just plain doin' it wrong.

It's been said by a better man than me; a True Ninja always obeys the laws of thermodynamics.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one