[1536] Catching your breath

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

iffy

Re: [1536] Catching your breath

Post by iffy » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:21 pm
Iffy, you've confused Miho and Kimiko. It's Kimiko who can act so well that she loses herself
Eh, perhaps not so much. Seemingly Kimiko now can (if it's not just some side effect of Analogue or some story force etc) to some extent, or just has done so once. But Miho has apparently been doing so, herself, on a far wider scale and with a deeper impact, for at least a few hundred years.
cidjen wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:45 pm
Fun fact: when I type on my phone, android keyboard AutoCorrect subs or hints Link for typing in Miho, Mimiko for Kimiko, Margo for Largo, Mob for Moh, Was staring for Sawatari :) Sonora for Sonoda... Long for Ping... Haha what else :) Pick or Pork for Piro...
That's funny. But it's also sad like reality can be sometimes, for Android being such a poor interface for human interaction.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:19 pm

Miho has been subverting her character for a very long time, that much is true, however the entire purpose of doing that was to prevent 'the Horde" from discovering too much about her and subsuming her identity.

Almost everything that most readers think that they know about Miho is lies. Even our ninja leader didn't realize that the story that they thought they knew was a carefully crafted fabrication that Miho had concocted to protect herself. She's always been capable of heroic feats and now that her heart is "bionic" there's going to be little that can hold her back.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:19 pm
She's always been capable of heroic feats and now that her heart is "bionic" there's going to be little that can hold her back.
Tohya Miho, a girl barely alive. We can rebuild her. We have the technology. We can make her better than she was. Better, cuter, deadlier.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Ryan_S

Post by Ryan_S » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:25 pm

you know I really can't decide who is cuter, Piro not sure who to love, or Miho pretending not to love... ;)
Ryan_S

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:48 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Almost everything that most readers think that they know about Miho is lies.
Finally someone makes a statement about Miho I can agree with. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moreover, I would say that the more convinced someone is about a particular belief about Miho, the more likely that belief is to be mistaken. 8-)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Lingman

Post by Lingman » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:56 am

I find myself wondering if it was actually a heart attack, or something else. As has been pointed out, perhaps feedback from Kimi's getting physical with Piro.

However, it might also be emotional feedback from that link as well. Someone who's been emotionally hurt can feel that their heart hurts as well. That Kimi has won Piro's affections in this way may be enough to have pounded Miho to her knees. Remember, Piro was the only one who was able to emotionally impact her character in endgames...

Can't wait for the next one.

richvh

Post by richvh » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:23 am

paarfi wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:25 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
She's always been capable of heroic feats and now that her heart is "bionic" there's going to be little that can hold her back.
Tohya Miho, a girl barely alive. We can rebuild her. We have the technology. We can make her better than she was. Better, cuter, deadlier.
The roppyaku man en shoujo?
SpoilerShow
6 million yen girl? Why so cheap? That's only like $60,000.

Technology costs have come down since the '70s. Besides, Fred can't afford a government-sized budget.

Wonderduck

Post by Wonderduck » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:00 am

There's something about a Japanese Ninja using Yiddish that makes me laugh and laugh and laugh...

darrin

Post by darrin » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:07 am

Wonderduck wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:00 am
There's something about a Japanese Ninja using Yiddish that makes me laugh and laugh and laugh...
Heh. Granted "Oi yoi yoi" is also common in e.g. Russian (cf. Anton Yelchin screaming it as he runs or in some cases falls through the corridors of the Enterprise), but yeah, I got a kick out of that too. :lol:
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one