Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Invisigoth

Re: [1533] But no one else would be

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:29 pm

darrin wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:32 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:45 pm
She's a demi-god at the least and now she's in banshee mode.
A banshee is far from the scariest denizen of Gaelic folklore:

It will be hilarious if any of the ninja manage to slice off Miho's head... only to have her say "Yeah... that's not gonna do the trick, actually..." :ph34r:

@Fred: when it comes time to make the MegaTokyo anime, you need to have Kari Wahlgren voice Miho. Spare no expense. 8-)
This is going to be fun
Like Rocket said in Guardians of the Galaxy: "Ohhhh....... yeah."
A Dullahan.... if Miho gets a motorcycle... ohhhhh yeah

zumHueriger

Post by zumHueriger » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:06 pm

Just an art comment - but I love Miho's raging eyes in the last panel...

Hecatombe

Post by Hecatombe » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:07 pm

Better call an ambulance, grams.

kendermouse

Post by kendermouse » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:04 am

I am pleased to see that I am far from the only one glad to see Miho coming back after Junpei's granny. I'm not gonna get into all the Miho hate, or who could beat who, because dammit, Yaku is a CHILD. She's self-sufficient, because she's the daughter of a single mom who has to work two jobs, but at the end of the day, she is still a scared little girl who just wants to help her mom; and she should be protected.

And sure, her great grandma would probably answer the call, and settle things, but then Yaku, and probably Mugi as well, would be the ones to ultimately pay the price.

tl;dr - go Miho. Protect Yaku!

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:42 am

Miho is in real trouble. Nabiki is so gonna do her hair and dress her up in cumbersome garb, YALL!

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:53 am

iffy wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:35 am
but Miho is not so easily neutralized. (More correctly, given all we've seen, is not neutralizable.)
If you can't kill it, you can't manage it.

When Miho 'dies', she doesn't.

Grimchar

Post by Grimchar » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:05 am

Miho: <If you don't-!>
Junpei's Grandmama: <If I don't what? What are you going to do? Rescue her? If I remember right, YOU are the one who always needs rescuing in YOUR story...>
https://megatokyo.com/strip/1529

It seems to me that, rather than acting as the protagonist in her own story, Miho, in this instance, may be acting as the hero in Yakugashi's story. Something that Junpei's Grandmama may not have considered.
"My Doctorate is purely honorary and Harry is only qualified to work on sailors." - The 4th Doctor.

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:17 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:29 pm
A Dullahan.... if Miho gets a motorcycle... ohhhhh yeah
When searching for Dullahan pictures in response to this, it amuses me that my first result was darkly cute.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:55 am

Dullahan? Gotta be Kyouko Machi(Miho doesn't exactly fit)....... ;)

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:31 am

Grimchar wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:05 am
Miho: <If you don't-!>
Junpei's Grandmama: <If I don't what? What are you going to do? Rescue her? If I remember right, YOU are the one who always needs rescuing in YOUR story...>
https://megatokyo.com/strip/1529

It seems to me that, rather than acting as the protagonist in her own story, Miho, in this instance, may be acting as the hero in Yakugashi's story. Something that Junpei's Grandmama may not have considered.
It may also be that this is all part of Ninja Grrl's strategy to force Miho into a new story line...

A master manipulator and no one even saw that coming

Ryan_S

Post by Ryan_S » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:25 pm

Also think of this: Miho knows Junpei's name, she could call out to him mid-fight.

plus, Miho looks a *little* pissed, she may hold her own, as well as the fact that she caught the ninja even when Junpei apparently couldn't
I dunno, looking really forward to what is next either way. :)
Ryan_S

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:27 pm

Ryan_S wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:25 pm
Also think of this: Miho knows Junpei's name, she could call out to him mid-fight.
She could, but Miho is a little proud and has a strong aversion to asking for help. Still, she might do it for Yaku's sake if Ninjabaa gets the upper hand.

Also, welcome to the forum Ryan.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Ryan_S

Post by Ryan_S » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:30 pm

I definitely agree. She probably would save Junpei as backup, more or less.

And, Hey, thanks
Ryan_S

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:45 pm

Why would Miho call on Junpei? The last time they met she fought him to a standstill. He's not stronger than her war form.

Mamma Peach

Post by Mamma Peach » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Angry Miho incoming! 0_0
0ne of the previous comments about surgery, brought to mind the fact that she had heart surgery. I was just in the hospital for the last few days with heart problems, only mine were solved with a shock to the heart - not a pacemaker (though now my upper body feels like I went through a beat down.) How is she doing this! Does she feel no pain?
(Typing using cut and paste because my computer isn't typing the top line of letters...) :(

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:43 pm

Mamma Peach wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:30 pm
Angry Miho incoming! 0_0
0ne of the previous comments about surgery, brought to mind the fact that she had heart surgery. I was just in the hospital for the last few days with heart problems, only mine were solved with a shock to the heart - not a pacemaker (though now my upper body feels like I went through a beat down.) How is she doing this! Does she feel no pain?
(Typing using cut and paste because my computer isn't typing the top line of letters...) :(
Miho is in incredible pain, her story is suppose to lead to her death so there's nothing about it to alleviate any pain of discomfort related to what kills her

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Mamma Peach wrote:
I was just in the hospital for the last few days with heart problems, only mine were solved with a shock to the heart - not a pacemaker (though now my upper body feels like I went through a beat down.)
Eeep. Glad to hear they were able to help. Heart problems are no small thing.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Indeed, good to have evidence that Megatokyo fans are immortal.

Still, though, the Fomorian magical girl is coming in for revenge. This will be fun.

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:47 pm

MoneyMan wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:45 pm
Why would Miho call on Junpei? The last time they met she fought him to a standstill. He's not stronger than her war form.
But at that point he was trying to help her, and she picked up on that after the first exchange, so neither of them were fighting full-on.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:54 pm

Ningen wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:47 pm
But at that point he was trying to help her, and she picked up on that after the first exchange, so neither of them were fighting full-on.
She only picked up on his intention to help her, when Kimiko glomp'd her and ELI5'd...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Uh, oh. I do believe that Grandma has just bit off more than she can chew....assuming that she can still chew.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Mamma Peach wrote:
I was just in the hospital for the last few days with heart problems, only mine were solved with a shock to the heart - not a pacemaker (though now my upper body feels like I went through a beat down.)
:o :(

Don’t know what to say to that.
Just… glad you made it through, Mamma Peach!

:?

— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

iffy

Post by iffy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:05 pm

It's pretty clear no little trifling things like heart failure or having a pacemaker installed is going to stop an Analogue from tearing herself out of bed, tearing up hospital, and trouncing those sent to deal with her. Which then maybe we shouldn't consider her as damaged or incapable. Even if she's not seeming at her best.

When Miho and Junpei "fought" she ostensibly wanted him to put her stories to a proper end and was goading him, and he was there to try and reason with her, save her, but wasn't quite sure how. Which it might be rather odd that she was trying to get him to do something because that was what he was supposed to be there for. However that may be, who might win an actual fight? If her resilience is any indication, she might be unbeatable, but then again we can imagine there must be some reason he's some sort of official emergency termination order backup.

So, there's not much way to know what an actual fight would have been like. If story determines things, there isn't one single answer anyway. We also kinda don't know if story is the only thing making this 'ninja clan leader' competitive with Miho to begin with.

As far as all that goes, this at least doesn't look like it's still the story that started out. Whatever it was. If there is still is a story, another matter. Although there never was really only one story, was there?

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:15 pm

Remember, we are not dealing with emo goth magical girl story line Miho here, This is CA Miho that Yuki yoinked from the ASF, so all bets are off as to her ability to survive and prevail. It is possible that Stability had imbued CA Miho with whatever powers would be necessary to play the story line characters for which she was recruited(?) Sort of like Marvel Cinematic Universe Weapon X (Deadpool) was an amalgamation of several mutants, she could be impossible to kill.

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:33 pm

<darrin joins in sending heartfelt good thoughts in direction of Mamma Peach>
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one