[1533][WIP][TWITCH] swimming back to shore [?]

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

cidjen

[1533][WIP][TWITCH] swimming back to shore [?]

Post by cidjen » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:33 am

This comic has officially been numbered on 20/08/18*, and has amassed 5 streams since; It is unclear if the 'swimming back to shore' used on a couple of streams earlier, refers to Fred coming back from far away, or to what is supposed to be a code-name; so I'll use it as one regardless. Hopefully, Fred's OK with that :)

On similar note, I'm back to _pl translations after being AFK ... 1532 was _awesome_ anyway and the thread commenting on that is still ongoing :)
---
This thread is for continuing the twitch chat fun and sharing it with those, who can't participate (sometimes, stars do not align). Still limited to Story Discussion so only comment on story drawing videos - unless something qualifies to be posted as SFS :)

SFS = stuff Fred said. Not meant to be mocking or making fun of or being mean; just an observation, that those who can't always participate in Twitch chat, are missing this important color. Accepted with everything that comes with (for those who recently joined and/or know nothing of this : Fred is known by the 'old guard' here, to be a teaser).

New data points will be added to the top of this post, until someone replies; also will try to track current Twitch video titles as much as it's practical.

Fred's Twitch Main Page is here : https://www.twitch.tv/fredrin
Archive of Freds' Twitch streams is here: https://www.twitch.tv/fredrin/videos/archive,

This thread will be open until Fred posts comic to Patreon.

*dd/mm/yy FTW, i r from urp.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Ningen

Re: [1533][WIP][TWITCH] swimming back to shore [?]

Post by Ningen » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:18 am

Suggestion:

Most of these WIP threads only get one or two comments. Rather than start and lock a new one for every comic, perhaps we could have an ongoing Twitch thread? I think that might make it easier to look for SFS, etc.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:10 am

That's interesting,
wonder what the @mods would say to that :)

I did have thoughts of doing this differently too (like, if the WIP thread would BECOME the comic thread later, so like its title would change to the comic title and the [WIP] tag will be removed, but still the title one responded to would be preserved - but the mods said they're OK with how it runs now (I don't think I presented /this/ particular idea tho));

I suppose the mods are better suited to create actual comic threads, because, well, they know each other :) and I, well, nobody knows who I am ;) and what would happen to stuff I wrote if I got e.g. deleted... or banned, or otherwise lost...?

At least in current state, it creates /some/ impression of activity going on between comic publishing ;) and it doesn't increase the mod burden a lot, so the mods are ok with that too. And I'm OK with that.

That said, the ongoing (sticky, maybe ?) Twitch thread could capture what happens before Fred gives the comic a number, and it could be a real feature (SFS may happen there too, FWIK ;) ).

I suppose, the way it's done now, would show more whether it's good or not, if MORE OF YOU PEOPLE ON TWITCH actually ... USED them, you know :)

I don't even have always time to re-watch everything... So I was sort-of hoping, if I keep doing this, someone will catch up to the idea and actually... participated :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

darrin

Re: [1533][WIP][TWITCH] swimming back to shore [?], also voting on whether there should be one big Twitch thread

Post by darrin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:01 am

Ningen wrote:
Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:18 am
Suggestion:

Most of these WIP threads only get one or two comments. Rather than start and lock a new one for every comic, perhaps we could have an ongoing Twitch thread? I think that might make it easier to look for SFS, etc.
To the extent my opinion as a non-Twitch-follower counts, I think that's an excellent suggestion. It avoids the issue of having lots of tiny threads on essentially the same topic (not that it's an issue for me, given those threads are clearly marked; but to the extent it's an issue for anyone else (including db maintainers)).

At the same time, it would continue to solve the (opposite) issues that motivated the creation of these threads in the first place: folks who participate in the Twitch channel and have an insight to share would have a place here to share it, and folks like me who don't often follow Twitch can just avoid the (stickied?) thread (or on rare occasions skim it, squinting to avoid the major spoilers :D).

Also note the "titles" of individual posts don't need to exactly match the thread title, so folks could keep track of which post was talking about which strip that way. 8-)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Comic posted to Patreon. WIP thread closed.

I'll make a universal WIP thread later and we can try that instead.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon