[1530] My problem

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

darrin

Re: [1530] My problem

Post by darrin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:12 am

Sackett wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:01 pm
I'm not sure, but I think she wants him to want to have sex with her, so that he will try to put the moves on her, thereby triggering her modesty protocols, and then she can bash him with a telephone pole like Jun said she wanted to?
Ya but... if he actually didn't originally want to (something I considered probable back in the threads for the strips he first appeared in), and if she tries to talk (or whatever :oops:) him into "wanting it", then... seems kind of an entrapment sort of thing to me. (Yes, yes, not "technically", she's not a police officer or anything, but yanno what i mean).

Either her morality routines would have no problem with that, which I would find a bit surprising given what we've seen of Ping up to this point; or else the rainbow hair and weight gain have been accompanied by a lot of internal changes including morality (she's doing stuff she wouldn't have previously considered doing); or else... something else weird.

Yeah I'm with Tiger, I consider myself rather confused at the moment. (I still hold out that the old guy is not an EK client but was meeting Junko for some legit purpose. But Ping is kinda off the rails for me atm :lol:)

EDIT:
On the other hand, I did kind of play with the idea of conflict between Ping's moral code and her desire to dish out the pain to the well-deserving in an ancient rescript. So it would definitely be funny, I have no disagreement with that.

Whether the old gentleman actually deserved the beatdown or not would only determine whether it was Deadpool kinda funny or Monty Python...
Last edited by darrin on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

iffy

Post by iffy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:19 am

Tiger wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:32 pm
I don't think I understand her plan. why does she want him to want to have sex with her?
Nobody can really understand it, because we kind of lack a solid clear idea what she's trying to accomplish why. Including the reason she sneakily took over for and is pretending to be Junko, or how well for how long that guy has known Junko and even who he is.

Although Ping has suggested she wants to somehow save Junko (from somebody Junko wanted to meet, which Ping seems to have ignored). We also don't necessarily know how much of all this is Ping on her own or in response to some programming or not.

Ping has some plan though, which was waylaid by her not having routines she thought she had, making her apparently unable on her own to implement the decisions she pretty clearly can make but not do much with by herself so far.

Old_Gray_One wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:05 pm
I could see her problem. She knows that she is a machine...but does he know it?
That would be wonderful to know, or even who he is.
And just how would that work? You know, hardware compatibility, and all...
Allegedly she is Quite Real

We don't necessarily have to rely upon what Miho says though. Ping mentions something like that in not part of any game (although as we've been seeing, apparently not quite aware of how non-extensively it had all been programmed)

eomdal wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:05 pm
Isn't this also kind of Megumi's problem, too?
Apparently.

And it seems females who are part kitsune might have a thing for ninja. Although it's unclear if that extends to ku no ichi or males who are part kitune. Or maybe it's just competition between Mugi and Megumi. It could be that this goes towards explaining why there's some history between the two clans.

richvh

Post by richvh » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:50 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:33 pm
MoneyMan wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:58 pm
So this is the Deaf foxgirl?

Yep, that's the deaf kitsune :)

She's also a drummer
I thought tanukis were the drummers among Japanese mythological beasts.