[1529] The needs of my story

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Invisigoth

Re: [1529] The needs of my story

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:12 am

You all do realize that Fred was seriously trolling and making a double entendre when he said that Ashe would "eat" Ping's date don't you?

richvh

Post by richvh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:38 am

arimareiji wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Ningen wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:22 am
Please don't tell be that all of Megatokyo has been a shaggy-dog story leading to "A city of two tails".
It could be much worse... it could lead to the story of one of Junko's clients taking liberties.
"The sale of two titties"
Then there was the woman with truly impressive... tracts of land, who, when she found herself up a creek without a paddle, used her bra as a propulsion device. It became "the sail of two titties."

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:29 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:12 am
You all do realize that Fred was seriously trolling and making a double entendre when he said that Ashe would "eat" Ping's date don't you?
Same as when he drew Ninja Grandma and Junpei as cat-girl and lion-boy ? Sure, I sorta expect that he did :)

I don't mind Fred trolling us, the more color we get, the merrier :) That's what the Stuff Fred Said section is for.

I grew up on the Internet that was mostly trolls or self-help groups/newsgroups/mailinglists back then ;) ( i was t0o newb for pr0n tho)

The current Interwebz attempts at trolling is sometimes seriously meh. (Apart from reddit maybe).

Let Fred Troll Us All He Wants :)
Last edited by cidjen on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:30 am

richvh wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:38 am
arimareiji wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:49 pm
Ningen wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:22 am
Please don't tell be that all of Megatokyo has been a shaggy-dog story leading to "A city of two tails".
It could be much worse... it could lead to the story of one of Junko's clients taking liberties.
"The sale of two titties"
Then there was the woman with truly impressive... tracts of land, who, when she found herself up a creek without a paddle, used her bra as a propulsion device. It became "the sail of two titties."
Oh you mean the steampunk side paddleboat ?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

darrin

Post by darrin » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:12 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:12 am
Snerk. "Why does Ross, the largest friend, not simply eat the other five?"

Going forward, Ashe in my head will be "the largest kitsune."
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Xavon
Location: Minnesota, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Mortal Plane

Post by Xavon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:45 pm

Anyone consider/thought/suggested that ninja granny might be an Archetype?

iffy

Post by iffy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:06 am

Maybe there have been over time some hints clues chatter suggestions we remember somewhat coming from out-of-story, for whatever that's worth. There's apparently nothing specific in story that establishes there isn't at least one more Analogue around. Which then also there's nothing specific in story that establishes there is.

Since it appears nobody can know either way, given the information we don't have, why not guess. If Miho isn't the source of all potent enduring story types or the like, perhaps there is another Analogue, maybe even Junpei ninja clan leader. After all, that could explain a number of things in ways that seem to fit in how the interactions between the two went before Yaku showed up.

Another thing to wait and see what happens to try and fill in more about.

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:15 am

Since there are story types, and we know Miho to be an analogue for a specific type, I would say there is reasonable presumption that there are other analogues for other types.

iffy

Post by iffy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:08 am

We saw that in 1240 Ibara says Miho is the source of a particularly potent and enduring story type.

Is he correct, or, how correct is he. ???

We also have seen that all three of those guys are at least a bit off in what they know/think/think they know. Ed says she's the real thing in 819 then his subsequent behaviors until 1260, Dom makes disparaging comments in 1062 after the confrontation in 1021. None of the three of them do very well, perhaps because they're all essentially wrong? There's what Ibara says about her that seems more informative, then we extrapolate it from there. We also fill in a lot of other things we're learned since then, which shapes what we think about the original information, but in many ways much of the later information doesn't expand things in a meaningful way. Things clarify a bit in some ways, and only create more questions in other ways.

Besides those three, in 1271 the TPCD detective says Miho has a character type, character representations seemingly major and minor, and that there are other character representations such as the ones Piro has finished playing.

The "ASF interrogator" appears to have a different more application sort of perspective though, the games and fiction etc in Megatokyo. While he seems to know quite a bit of the practical MT systems revolving around such things, he displays at least a lack of knowledge on what Miho herself is doing and who she is interacting with. Which all rather suggests whatever he means and however correct it is, it isn't about her mystical nature. It could be that all is an example that the truth is more mundane and not as special than what Ibara said. Miho has suggested and hinted and implied both, and we've inferred both. Depending; some believe she's quite capable of honest human emotions, others wonder how a force of nature could have them. We have seen her behaviors and actions, often which nobody there has, and many are not run of the mill and normal. Yet they don't much answer questions such as is she a source of one type, some types, or all types. How many like her there are, or is it just her. What if anything is the limit of her powers, or is she now powerless and incapable.

All in all, I'd say we don't know if she's the source of a type of story or if it's a lot bigger. It could be less solid and tangible than what a single, essentially unreliable, participant said about her. Even if whatever we think of it turns out to be the truth (should we learn it) when all is said and done.