[1529] The needs of my story

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

TarsTarkas

Re: [1529] The needs of my story

Post by TarsTarkas » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:16 pm

Even if she was disappeared, she knows where she was. She knows the hidden ways to get from place to place. She is also the one most qualified to do something about it.

She also knows Junpei's name. He could get her where she needs to be. He also would be a most pivotal ally.

But if she plays the Piro game, instead of saving Yaku,......well that says it all.

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:11 pm

Miho did not want Kimi impersonating her to get her away from the hospital. But once she started, it seemed it was one of the games Miho could not avoid playing. The saving the sad dying chick story. And it had consequences. Miho was feeling Kimi's.. something we don't know the details but it was highly distracting. The change from opposing Kimi's help to not was abrupt. She suddenly went from vehemently opposed, to quietly acquiescing.

Grandma knows a lot about MIho probably. By dropping Miho off at the love hotel, she may be counting on Miho HAVING to stop and play that game. Perhaps it was Miho's asking to go there that gave her the chance. Dunno. But that's what NG (now ninja-granny instead of ninja-girl) said. She asked if Miho wanted to rescue Yaku, but reminded her she had a game to play herself and immediately had her wisked away. Of course Miho's going to want to jump back into the furball with Ninja-Granny, but dropped into another mandatory story for her, she might not be capable of it.

This failing to understand the nature of Miho's power makes predictions a bit foggy for all of us. If Sad-Dying-Spider-Chick was in an adventure we'd expect her to act one way, if In-Remission-Super-Babe or Unknown-disease-but-it's-pretty-bad-ESP-Woman were in the same adventure, they would act differently. But not only don't we know the extent and types of Miho's powers, but they change based on the story she gets trapped into playing. Since they are all sad dying chicks in the example above Miho could have ESP, Spider, or Super-Girl type powers depending on what character she is supporting in the game she gets trapped into. Yesterday morning she told Piro not all her actions were under her own control, but were caused by the roles she was playing, but admitted the whole "I'm really a guy" thing was her being stupid.

Anyhow, looking at this another way Yaku came to the compound with her note book to write Miho a better story. Perhaps Ninja-Granny has simply volunteered to be the villain in it. Whether that was her intent or not she's given Miho a very compelling new story (save her best friend Mugi's super cute daughter from harm) to be a part of. If Miho cannot walk away from her old story, possibly to her own detriment, and concentrate on this one, then anything Yaku came up with wouldn't have helped anyhow.

And lastly. Finally we have a reason for Yaku being a ten year old in a comic full of 15-18 year olds and twenty somethings. She's the innocent victim to be rescued. We really should have seen that coming.

DS

eomdal
Location: Northern California: Proud nexus of Unreal America.

Post by eomdal » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:39 pm

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:11 pm

Grandma knows a lot about MIho probably. By dropping Miho off at the love hotel, she may be counting on Miho HAVING to stop and play that game. Perhaps it was Miho's asking to go there that gave her the chance. Dunno. But that's what NG (now ninja-granny instead of ninja-girl) said. She asked if Miho wanted to rescue Yaku, but reminded her she had a game to play herself and immediately had her wisked away. Of course Miho's going to want to jump back into the furball with Ninja-Granny, but dropped into another mandatory story for her, she might not be capable of it.
DS
Shades of Westworld. Miho has to be able to break out of her own loop to have free will, but can't do it entirely alone. This is her opportunity, but she will need someone to provide a new path. Piro and/or Kimiko are the obvious catalysts, but Fred could throw us a curve and make it Ping.

Or freakin' Largo. There would be a mind bender!

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:59 pm

There's no such thing as free will.

Everyone is responding to current stimuli based on innate characteristics and prior events that they had no control over.

As for Largo, he's out of the picture since Junpei and defected from his faction over to Mugi who's on Miho faction

Simple

Piro is responsible for breaking the story by saving Miho

Piro is a trained EMT and there's no way he'd have allowed her to die so there it is

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Granny doesn't know that Miho did save Kimiko in 1018, so yes, she is capable of saving someone. I do see a max pissed Miho dispatching a bunch of ninja, snagging Yaku, and zooming to the love hotel.....

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:06 am

I'm not sure N1nj4Gr4n realizes who she is dealing with. Miho can wreck the whole N1nj4 cl4n with one selfie. "Yoo-Hoo! Horde! Here I am!" on the front porch of the big house.

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:52 am

One thing here is that Miho "tossed" the life she had where she was an undead magical girl zombie Queen of the Damned.

Does she still have those powers in this new life?

We know she can still "go away" and she was fast enough to catch Yuki.

But does she have the raw power to fight a whole ninja compound including the matriarch, all while protecting a kid?

Maybe her best course would be to go to the hotel and recruit Piro's help?

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:58 am

Tsukai wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:47 pm

Also on a related note man you gotta feel bad for Yaku in this strip. Her expressions are like, maximum pissing-one's-self I-am-about-to-die level fear.
It's probably worsened as more information comes in.

Starts with: "Huh!?! I'm gagged and tied up, what, why? Was I displaying too much tween sass?"

Goes to: "Oh no, it's that old family crap Mom's always warning me about, why didn't I listen to the details?"

And then: "Oh sh-t, these ninjas intend to kill great grandma - threat level is off the scale. I am so dead. Dead, dead, dead. Mom's probably dead too, and it's all my fault."

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:08 am

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:56 pm
Granny doesn't know that Miho did save Kimiko in 1018, [...]
(boldtype by me)

An interesting statement.
Do any of them know they’re in the MegaTokyo story?

=D
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:55 am

Would they dare drop Miho off at the establishment owned by the foxes? Perhaps as bait for the bait to get the foxes to react..

Personally, I’d love to see Miho kick down the door, kiss Piro, “I Love you, but we’ve got more important things to do. Gather the troops.”

End Chapter with ensemble shot

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 am

BetaCygnus wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:08 am
Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:56 pm
Granny doesn't know that Miho did save Kimiko in 1018, [...]
(boldtype by me)

An interesting statement.
Do any of them know they’re in the MegaTokyo story?

=D
Ask Vis...... ;)

Seriously, though, the assumptions GN made in panels 5-6 are incorrect. Big difference between sparring with GN, and trying to save Yaku. People sometimes go into "Plus Ultra" (sorry, been watching too much MHA) mode to save someone else. Miho may find herself dispatching the whole lot to save Yaku before she knows it. Fred probably has other plans, though...... :roll:

iffy

Post by iffy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:28 pm

What it looks like, mostly.

At this moment in time, both the bound Yaku and restrained Miho are being absconded by Ninja, Yaku slowly and Miho quickly, on the orders of the clan matriarch.

Yaku is going to help the clan leader determine why a descendant of an existing adversary/target has designs upon one of her own descendants. Even though from our view it is the other way around, and accidental, although perhaps Junpei and/or Mugi might know something of this existing issue. But the clan leader doesn't know that and is going to figure it out. Yaku will talk.

Miho is expected to be abscondable, upon arriving unable to leave her destination, and will thus set off on her "new" story of asking Piro something or another. The clan leader doesn't want her around while she's taking care of this problem that's uncovered itself. See you later, Miho.

Now, why the big act and switch of focus on the behalf of the Ninja leader and assuming that is who she actually is, where does she fit in the overall Ninja hierarchy, with what reason to ignore the stability contract, why did she apparently hide from Junpei why or was he grinning at her. Where is his mother for that matter. Perhaps this is some plan Junpei, or Mugi, or who knows who had in cahoots with grandmother to get Miho from going back to the fully or even much focusing on the Sight/Kotone/Kimiko&Piro issue. And will Ping in her quest for further paths she thinks she should have had (in conjunction with whatever powers Ping absorbed from Miho?) put a monkey-wrench into whatever plans there might be.

Being rescued fits into the version of the story Miho told Kimiko, and if things take a turn for the worse and everyone Miho knows gets killed, even more fits into that version. Although not so much into the abandoned part. Although also as we know Miho has rescued Kimiko and we might say also Yutaka. None of which is much anything like what she told Piro happens to her, except Kimiko saving Miho appears to partially have had the view to the audience that she was a dead as that time Ed "killed her". None of which seems to have much bearing upon Tohya Miho being forcibly brought by Ninja to where Ping, Kimiko, Piro and some number of Kitsune are.

Where does that leave us. We have what it looks like, mostly. Yet there is one very large barrier (consisting of a number of others) to determining what if any of it is actually what it looks like. A lack of knowledge. What does the Clan Matriarch actually know, what is/are her goal(s), what power (physical and influence) does she have. The same sorts of things for the Analogue, what does she know beyond how she's behaving, what plans and goals is she striving for or not, how much power does she have. If Miho's powers are dictated by story, she should be helpless, beyond being angry. There are a lot of questions with lots of potential answers. If the clan leader is trying to get the real thing to react it's a big difference compared to trying to get rid of her for a while or more. If this is some sort of plot by somebody, that could go a lot of ways too.

Perhaps there is a simpler answer though. Time. If it's too complicated to figure out presently because of such a deficit in facts, we but need to wait for it to unfold. Such as before, is this the grandmother, just wait and see until if and when she establishes who she is. Does Miho actually end up at the Love Hotel, and what does she do then, all in due time. We're flying blind, and a short has disabled all the instruments, keep it slow and level as best we can until the view clears.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:21 pm

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:11 pm
NinjaGram has heard of Miho and has some idea, but there's a lot she doesn't know. That's been much of the point of their interaction so far. All that stuff with the clothes and flowers was testing Miho's power level. She was being annoying enough that Miho would want to stop her if she could, but not in a way that would seem threatening to Miho. She was gathering intellegence, which is what ninja are good at, as someone pointed out here recently. "Do I need to kill you to protect my family?" NinjaGram seems to have decided that she doesn't need to. Miho's not a threat that she can't handle.

I think she's going to find out that she has misjudged. :ph34r:
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Hecatombe

Post by Hecatombe » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:44 pm

So grandma complains that Yaku goes brazenly into the compound. It's Yaku supposed to know that the place is dangerous? Are the ninjas enemies of kitsunes? It's this Komugiko's fault? She didn't react badly to Junpei, so I would think that this is personal.

Also how will grandma get the info, will she interrogate Yaku? :?

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:06 pm

I don't think that it's at all advisable to enter the Ninja compound uninvited

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:02 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:06 pm
I don't think that it's at all advisable to enter the Ninja compound uninvited
Yeah lets blame the ten year old.

Yaku didn't walk in brazenly, she was carried in by Ninja extraordinaire Junpei, who is a card carrying member of this clan. Specifically, to HIS room. Apparently he didn't know about this old feud/contract. She whiled an invite out of Junpei with threats against his relationship with her mother to be sure, but none the less was invited. Yaku told Ninja-Granny why she was there, to help write Miho a better story so her mom wouldn't be so worried about her all the time. While she couldn't remember his name, she summarized the relationship between her mother and Junpei as honestly as she could, AND she told her that her mom left their old city to get away from that old clan.

If Yaku was a spy or knew about this contract she simply could have lied and said, "Yeah, one of the Tokyo clans. The Smiths."

This old lady is extemely rude to her guests, especially by grandmother standards. She embarrasses, ties up and holds knives to the throats of young girls, who should be being treated as guests. And she teases Junpei. Not cool. I wanna see Miho call Junpei from the hotel and send him in. If that's not enough, call the TPCD so Masamichi can come violate her civil rights (this shit could cause a war, that's his job to prevent those right). If that fails send in Yuki and her new Dragon Girl Pet to bitch slap her like a bad teddy bear. I want to see this old biddy taken down a few notches. This is the kind of shit that causes people in masks to be mistrusted, and perpetuates discrimination against the whole heartless hired killer industry. Where are the fucking cookies grandma!!!!

DS

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:22 pm

Junpei is probably in trouble past his mask and he's a tall ninja.

Oh and Yaku is a teenager, not 10

I'm sure that whatever happens to her the Ninja will be as humane as possible...

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:33 pm

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:02 pm
Where are the fucking cookies grandma!!!!
DS
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 pm

Well how bout that. I had been pretty convinced this was not the grandma, but just a sister as initially appeared. No cookies for me. :(
DrunkenSailor wrote:
I want to see this old biddy taken down a few notches.
Yeah, I know I should be patient and hold off on making further wrong assumptions until I actually see where this is going, but it is taking real effort to keep that same thought from bubbling up from my subconscious into consciousness.

Glad to see Miho is not cool with it, that's one good thing I guess.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

piro
The Artist

Post by piro » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:46 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:22 pm
Junpei is probably in trouble past his mask and he's a tall ninja.

Oh and Yaku is a teenager, not 10

I'm sure that whatever happens to her the Ninja will be as humane as possible...
FTR, Yakugashi just turned 13, so she's a young teen.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:43 pm

piro wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:46 pm
FTR, Yakugashi just turned 13, so she's a young teen.
That is old enough to be driven crazy by them hormones make all women folk mad, mad, mad in their own individually unique ways...
darrin wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 pm
DrunkenSailor wrote:
I want to see this old biddy taken down a few notches.
Yeah, I know I should be patient and hold off on making further wrong assumptions until I actually see where this is going, but it is taking real effort to keep that same thought from bubbling up from my subconscious into consciousness.
While I do not remotely like Miho being inserted into the PxK "happy/sexy fun times," nor the kidnappy detention of plucky Yaku... a deal is a deal. Nabiki took a contract, no matter how long ago, a contract unfulfilled is a stain on the honor any organization. A ninja clan is doubly more effected than the average business since they must be far more reliant on "our word is our bond." I still like Nabiki... but she is tap dancing up to and on that line for me in the last two comics.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Sackett wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:52 am

Maybe her best course would be to go to the hotel and recruit Piro's help?
I'm not sure how much good Piro would be. Ping, on the other hand ... . Especially if they can grab Yuki while they are at it.

Not to mention Yaku. She tries very hard not to be fox-kin, but now would be a good time to turn that dial up. One-tail Mugi is fast enough to catch a real fox, so twin-tail Yaku should be able to kick things up a few notches.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Liminaut wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:12 pm
Not to mention Yaku. She tries very hard not to be fox-kin, but now would be a good time to turn that dial up. One-tail Mugi is fast enough to catch a real fox, so twin-tail Yaku should be able to kick things up a few notches.
Yaku has enough tails to use foxfire.

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:16 pm

paarfi wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:34 pm
Iiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting.

Looks like those who guessed Junpei grandma were right. *hands out internet cookies*

I think Junpei grandma is underestimating Miho though. This could get ugly.
I'm one of those who agreed early on, but digging around it looks like "Tiger" from the old forums deserves the biggest cookie.
paarfi wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:21 pm
NinjaGram has heard of Miho and has some idea, but there's a lot she doesn't know. That's been much of the point of their interaction so far. All that stuff with the clothes and flowers was testing Miho's power level. She was being annoying enough that Miho would want to stop her if she could, but not in a way that would seem threatening to Miho. She was gathering intellegence, which is what ninja are good at, as someone pointed out here recently. "Do I need to kill you to protect my family?" NinjaGram seems to have decided that she doesn't need to. Miho's not a threat that she can't handle.

I think she's going to find out that she has misjudged. :ph34r:
Excellent observations.

Wrt misjudging: I think this is also true wrt Yaku. Like all humans, Nabiki-obaa-san trusts old assumptions a little too much - whatever interactions she had long ago with Yaku's (grandmother? great-?) left hate behind, so she automatically assumes the worst. She appears to know just enough (always a dangerous thing) about Mugi to think she's a maneater, and she appears to be really fond of her grandson. Imo, she thinks Yaku is a useful pawn to kill two birds with one stone - repay "old eight-tails" with interest, and protect Junpei (who really is still just a kid, in a lot of ways).

Random thought: I wonder how she feels about Largo. Given that he's still alive, I suspect that "he's Junpei's friend" and "he's unintentionally amusing" have won out for now over "he's going to get someone killed one day".
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.

darrin

Post by darrin » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:24 am

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:43 pm
a contract unfulfilled is a stain on the honor any organization
The contract is on the "head" of the family. "Interrogating", or worse threatening the clueless little girl to get at said head, doesn't speak much to the "honor" of said organization.

It would be a cool setup for Mugi going all Liam Neeson on them. "You took my daughter. I am going to find you. And I am going to " etc etc. 8-)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one