[1519] Everything to do with me

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1519] Everything to do with me

Post by paarfi » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:57 am

Fred has posted the comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere tomorrow.

Edit: or maybe he'll post it today. :ninja:
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Re: [1519] Everything to do with me

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:21 am

Well, Miho's denial didn't last very long at all did it?

DracMonster

Post by DracMonster » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:29 am

"I'm happy for them.*"

*Product may contain less happiness than advertised. Not responsible for angst or silent tears when nobody is looking.

Carefully watch Yaku's hair in succeeding panels. :D

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:31 pm

Ninjagrrl doing Yaku's hair while they talk. No one is safe.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:34 pm

paarfi wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:31 pm
And when she gets everything just right she'll have her taxidermist mount Yaku in a very cute pose!

HakuRyoku

Post by HakuRyoku » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:11 pm

That last panel made it all worth it. :lol:

Interesting seeing the shaking lines in the second to last panel right before Miho realizes that Kimiko went to the love hotel pretending to be her(Miho).

And Yes Yaku, Miho's stories do suck, that's kinda the point. If yer gunna right her a new story, shes gunna need some new friends to go with it.
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:50 pm

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Kimiko is blonde?)

So, next question: if Miho can feel Kimiko and Piro, does that mean Piro is playing her after all? The comment he made before: “Don’t tell me it’s any different.” Suddenly that takes on an interesting new interpretation.

The timeline fits:

- First goosing occurs while Miho escapes with Junpei, while Kimiko is yelling “I love you!” at Piro before he realizes she’s not Miho.

- Second goosing happens during Miho’s conversation with Grandma (I remain convinced that she’s Grandma until proven otherwise), while PxK are making out in the car and Kimiko is still pretending to be Miho. This part gets weird; I’m not sure at what point Piro made the switch in his head from Kimiko to Miho, since he obviously knew who Kimiko was while they were on the run. Maybe he just decided to roll with it because he couldn’t escape and she was still dressed up like Miho?

Meanwhile, Piro had gone back to seeing Kimiko as herself once they were out of the car, if his reaction to Megumi’s question about their relationship was any indication. He was in shock when Kimiko accosted him in the hotel room because he’d forgotten she was pretending to be Miho (“who?”), and he didn’t seem flustered by nearly-naked Kimiko while they were discussing how to get the toner out of her hair. The pre-shower hotel room scene happens in about the same amount of time it would take for Yaku to ride Junpei to the compound and chat with Miho (and Grandma).

- Miho’s third goosing happens after Piro has made his choice and enters the bathroom with Kimiko. He chose to use Kimiko while still fantasizing about Miho, because the real thing is difficult and frustrating and (as far as he knows) unavailable, but here’s this other beautiful girl throwing herself at him instead, and most of Megatokyo expects them to be together anyway. And he knows what he’s doing. He’s conflicted about it, you can see that from his face during the conversation with Seraphim, but...damn, Piro. Dick move.

I hope I’m wrong about this, because otherwise Piro just set himself and both women up for a lot of pain.

DracMonster

Post by DracMonster » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:14 pm

NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:50 pm
So, next question: if Miho can feel Kimiko and Piro, does that mean Piro is playing her after all? The comment he made before: “Don’t tell me it’s any different.” Suddenly that takes on an interesting new interpretation.
This is a real stretch. We need to wait for more information.

Remember when Kimiko had to tell Piro to take Ping's feelings seriously? And Mugi chewed out Piro for abandoning his Endgames character? I believe he was thinking of both of them when he said that.

A recurring theme for the comic is whether a fictional character's emotions are less valid than a flesh-and-blood one's. I think he was reprimanding Seraphim for belittling them.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:26 pm

I am fairly certain that Miho can "feel" everything that is going on and has been in denial about what's happening. It's a given that she's in love with Piro but she doesn't want to see him hurt or killed so that was why she's gone through everything she has had to do.

But as Yaku points out, her story sucks but it's not the same story. I'm wondering if Ninja Grrl can keep Miho from walking through the spaces in between....

Or just jumping out

louisxiv

Post by louisxiv » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:06 pm

I’m deeply intrigued about Fred’s comment on twitter in re: plot errors narrowly avoided…!?

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:07 pm

Ya know, didn't we get this scene last year in Blade Runner 2049
SpoilerShow
with the main character wanting to be physical with his smartphone and at her request gets physical with someone else so he can pretend to uplink with the one he really loves

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:10 pm

garapagosu wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:07 pm
SpoilerShow
with the main character wanting to be physical with his smartphone and at her request gets physical with someone else so he can pretend to uplink with the one he really loves
Fred recently watched Bladerunner 2049 but the current plot was in place prior to his watching it

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:10 pm
garapagosu wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:07 pm
Fred recently watched Bladerunner 2049 but the current plot was in place prior to his watching it
I was thinking more of the emotions in that scene applying to our MT characters; that Miho wants Piro to be happy, but probably wishes she could provide that happiness herself... but can't?

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:16 pm

She is not pretending to be you now, foul Miho, she is being herself... her sexy self!

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:16 pm
She is not pretending to be you now, foul Miho, she is being herself... her sexy self!
That's not going to do her any good at all

Olba

Post by Olba » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:55 am

Look at the range of expressions on that cute foxgirl! Yakugashi is such a little treasure. And just like her mom, she's got a way with words.

And part of me believes that her saying "God, your stories suck" is her actually addressing God, aka Fred, about what she thinks of Megatokyo's story.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:46 am

Fred, thank you very much for that last panel. I laughed out loud, and I needed to. March was pretty bad.

Also, Yaku's expression in panel five is awesome as well. Totally an "Adults are so stupid" grimace.

Small Pink Mouse

Post by Small Pink Mouse » Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:20 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:34 pm
paarfi wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:31 pm
And when she gets everything just right she'll have her taxidermist mount Yaku in a very cute pose!

So NinjaGIrl is a customer of Bob's? o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsORBHjNxdc

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:24 am

Miho's expression in the lower left hand panel is priceless, but Yaku and Miho are wrong, IMO. I believe by the time they got into her car, Kimi had transitioned back to herself, so to speak.

Liminaut

Post by Liminaut » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:02 am

If Kimiko was still "playing" Miho when they got to the love hotel, then Kimiko just added a big branch to Miho's story, one where Miho survived and gets to sexy times.Now Kimiko just has to cosplay Miho fully as she and Piro get sweaty to fully build out the branch.

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:03 am

Miho didn't want Kimi to play her to help her escape, she thought it was too dangerous.

Kimi insisted, and so Miho "has to play". Saving the cute dying girl (herself this time) is Miho's prime story. She can't refuse. This has been established as one of the suckier parts of being a Character Analog.

Kimi starts her Miho acting. All fiction in the MT-verse is made much better, more real if it has talented Character Analogs supporting it's main characters. Kimi's little play has one, Miho herself, an experienced and effective character analog who matches this particular character perfectly. It's her.

Miho feels what her characters are written to feel and makes it more real. So yeah, Miho is feeling Kimi getting all hot and bothered with Piro right now. Earlier she didn't probably realize exactly what was causing this, as in what story, what character, but now she knows. In the last panel she hasn't made some wishful thinking idea that Piro is only with Kimi because Kimi is playing her, she just now knows that a link has been established of the weird kind. If Kimiko is having orgasms Miho is feeling them. Maybe this is just Kimi getting the shivers and when she does have an orgasm, Miho will scream and fall to the floor. Who knows.

Ok, I think most of us understood that more or less before. But this whole Character Analog thing isn't meant to affect Miho. It does, that's why she feeling "goosed" and she usually hates that. But it's PRIMARY purpose is to make the fictional side of the equation more real. Kimi playing Miho. Kimi should be the one picking up feelings from Miho. The unasked question is.. is she?

She hasn't been very lovey dovey with Piro. Piro has mentioned that. But she started making out in the car. She picked a very sex oriented room, and before giving up and deciding to wash her hair she was being very forward. Both Piro and Kimi's best friends and room mates were last seen battling a heavily armed horde amidst a collapsing building and large explosions. Piro and Kimi themselves were recently shot at and are now fugitives. Kimi is not currently engaging in reasonable behavior.

Has Kimi added Miho's love for Piro to her own care for him and now feels she's just fallen much more in love with him? Back at the night the COE exploded, Yuki could feel the hordes fear, but she had trouble realizing it wasn't hers. Is Kimi having sex with Piro because she's that much in love, because Miho is that much in love, or because the sum of her and Miho's love for Piro is that much?

Perhaps being a character analog for some one playing you yourself is.. you know, dangerous. Especially if both character and character analog are stupidly in love with the same guy and the character is in love hotel naked with him. Miho seems pretty upset. I hope there's no feedback loop involved. I hope Piro took his vitamins.

DS

TarsTarkas

Post by TarsTarkas » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:53 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:29 pm
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:16 pm
That's not going to do her any good at all
Piro already knew who she was on the rubble pile. The acting was for Miho's sake not Piro's.

So Miho's reaction in the last panel is going to cause more problems, since what she believes is not true.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:58 am

I hope Miho fades from existance.

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:07 pm

"And she still has my wallet!!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh man, I have many times grinned slyly and evilly at Miho's antics, but this is the first time she's made me laugh out loud.
TarsTarkas wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:53 am
So Miho's reaction in the last panel is going to cause more problems, since what she believes is not true.
Yes indeed. <thumbs-up emoticon>
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:58 am
I hope Miho fades from existance.
Aw, don't be like that. :cry: If Ed's killballs weren't enough to get the job done, at least grant us thralls the solace of an even more spectacular ending to her run. Something really noisy and fiery for us to remember her by. ;) :lol:
That wacko bank robber in Hancock wrote:Oh, we are all... sincerely going to miss you...
EDIT:
NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:50 pm
(Kimiko is blonde?)
Yeah, that one's got me furrowing my brow and scratching my noggin as well. :?
Like, huh?
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:04 pm

darrin wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:07 pm
Yeah, that one's got me furrowing my brow and scratching my noggin as well. :?
Like, huh?
OR! Or... Erika is definitely blonde... maybe she and Largo finished at the hospital and retired to Teh Foxhole to, ahem, celebrate a good battle as conquering heros?
Miho did try rubbing her skank all over Largo a few (comic) days ago...
I feel a bit sick to my stomach now.