Post by cidjen » Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:09 pm

Yay TTDP!
Chokky!
Has a mom!
Who is a ninja!
And is alive!
Which means she's good at ninja!
Or is good with current $leadership!
Which is no mean feat when her daughter is a kitsune!
Which means she must know Mugi and know her grandma situation!
And she is from the same compound as Junpei!
Why am typing these sentences with exclamation marks!

Nice on3 Fred thank you!
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: [TTDP] #17: A young lady with no quiet in her heart

Post by paarfi » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:56 pm

I expect the drama at the ninja compound was Junpei and family fracas from MT. Interesting.

An update on other things, for those who don't hang out on the MT discord. Fred has started on the next MT comic. And Sarah apparently has stage 2 lymphoma with 6 months of chemo and biological ahead, but the prognosis sounds hopeful. Fingers crossed that she (and Fred and Jack) get through this all right.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:31 pm

Well, would this "dropped" be like "decided not to" or like "we need to get rid of her"?

Looks like it may be the latter.

Would Chokage be upset due to (A) someone found out something that she didn't want anyone to know, or (B) upset that TPCD would actually put out a "burn notice"?

This could get messy.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

tambo

Post by tambo » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:17 am

Presumably (B).

It's also horrifying that the contract made its way to Chokky's mom. But that's probably by design, because they didn't actually want it fulfilled - they just wanted to send a message to Chokky as to the thinness of the ice that she's traversing, given her attitude toward them and her general disregard for their orders and leverage. So they initiated a contract, offered it only to Chokky's mom, and expect it to be canceled once the message was successfully delivered.

Cokky's expression shows that it was at least kinda effective, but whether it will stick or merely further inflame Chokky's antiestablishment tendencies is an open question.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:47 pm

Well, that would explain why the Kitsune/Ninja relationship is strained; Maldrul, is there something you're not telling us? :' )

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:45 pm

tambo wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:17 am
Presumably (B).

It's also horrifying that the contract made its way to Chokky's mom. But that's probably by design, because they didn't actually want it fulfilled - they just wanted to send a message to Chokky as to the thinness of the ice that she's traversing, given her attitude toward them and her general disregard for their orders and leverage. So they initiated a contract, offered it only to Chokky's mom, and expect it to be canceled once the message was successfully delivered.

Cokky's expression shows that it was at least kinda effective, but whether it will stick or merely further inflame Chokky's antiestablishment tendencies is an open question.
Ah, yes, the "fight or flight" self-defense reaction. Which one do you suppose will manifest itself?
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:30 pm

"Freeze" is also an option, but I don't expect it here.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:29 pm

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:47 pm
Well, that would explain why the Kitsune/Ninja relationship is strained; Maldrul, is there something you're not telling us? :' )
[tries to look innocent... and fails.]

S1arburst

Post by S1arburst » Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:40 am

Here's a linky Come on guys, for the lazy!

I'm going to make a couple guesses here:

(1) The termination mandate for some monstergirl with a lot of self management code violations in the area is NOT Chokky. The Cataclysm Division has been pretty chummy and patient with Chokky so far today, as these things go. Also, her mom would have recognized the description even if no name was given, which it probably was.

(2) Chokky, even if she realizes it's not her, is stunned by the realization it could be her, that her mom is casually going out to kill someone who could be just like her.

(3) Chokky's going to rip into mom about this contract she's taken.

Really, her mom should have had a clue that an assignment with that description would hit a sore spot with Chokky. She seems to be as featherbrained as grandma ninja.
Just call me prissywings

arimareiji

Post by arimareiji » Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:36 pm

Ningen 2 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:30 pm
"Freeze" is also an option, but I don't expect it here.
They've actually identified a fourth deeply-embedded survival mechanism, though it's not visibly obvious: "Fold" in the sense of "give up". It's thought to be a repurposing of the response to inflammation/injury, and one of the primary roots (if not the primary root) of depression.

All four even "live" in the same fiber tract of our brains fairly close to each other*, and have been vividly demonstrated by case studies where surgeons trying to implant stimulators to curb epilepsy accidentally cross-triggered them. (Such as the man who, when they activated it, suddenly tried his d**nedest to tear off the "cage" they were using to hold his head motionless during brain surgery and fight off the OR staff… afterward he described being overcome by an unthinking rage he couldn't explain. Or the woman who suddenly felt incredibly-intense despair.)

* - They've been located with fMRI.
You know how when you do laundry, you have that one sock left that doesn't match any of the others? That's me.
Original forum join date 1 Aug 2008. Slightly less old than dert.

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:13 pm

<Spock>Fascinating</Spock>

Do you have some sauce to go with that? I'd love to know more.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

Natsumi

Post by Natsumi » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:28 pm

Hmmm. The fourth response I'm familiar with is "fawn": https://psychcentral.com/health/fawn-response
I mostly lurk and read, but I may squeak occasionally.