[1605] your happy story idea

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1605] your happy story idea

Post by paarfi » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:07 pm

Fred has posted the new comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere probably tomorrow.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: [1605] your happy story idea

Post by paarfi » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:08 pm

Yay comic!

Mugi is being very mom there, and I love it. Good for Yaku telling her about it too.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:34 pm

Yaku isn't old enough to know that tampering with a gods love life is a bad idea

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:20 am

I find Yakugashi's current behavior to be rather heartbreaking. She started started "yesterday" as an aloof girl who was sick of all the "adult stupidity" going on around her and who mostly sat by herself reading or drawing when she wasn't stepping in to "solve" the problem because everyone else was too stupid to see what was obvious to her. But now, ever since being rescued she hasn't stopped clinging to either Miho or Mugi the entire time. The poor girl's been traumatized, and that is never a happy thing to see. :(

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:53 pm

Yaku is now officially recognised as the other young girl who believes that Tohya is in love with Piro. (What does Yaku usually write...?)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Captain Button

Post by Captain Button » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:03 pm

Yuki was last seen in Ririka's hospital room with Yutaka. Are they off having a serious talk or something, or are they on the run from the TPCD Rogue Magical Girl Containment Unit Team?

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:06 pm

cidjen wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:53 pm
Yaku is now officially recognised as the other young girl who believes that Tohya is in love with Piro. (What does Yaku usually write...?)
Steamy Yaio fanfics about Piro x Largo?

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:57 pm

Ok, seeing a lot of people asking about plot and storyline on the MT Facebook page, I explained about the search engine and characters page and suggested they take a look at the forums, so we might get an influx of people taking a look. Might be helpful if one of the mods posted a comment to Fred's FB post to help them along.

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:07 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:34 pm
Yaku isn't old enough to know that tampering with a god's love life is a bad idea
You're right, she's not.

But what if it happens anyway? Is it good or is it bad? We don't know. We don't know any gods personally. We may know of them, but that's it.

Ergo, anything can happen.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Tsukai

Post by Tsukai » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:04 pm

It's upsetting that she thinks that the only way to make Miho happy is by making another person suffer.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:21 pm

Well, I like the bit about things getting worse an worse for foul Miho.

StClair

Post by StClair » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:26 am

Tsukai wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:04 pm
It's upsetting that she thinks that the only way to make Miho happy is by making another person suffer.
VNs be like that.
RL, often not so much.

Zandra

Post by Zandra » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:25 pm

Tsukai wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:04 pm
Mihos suffering has to go to someone. its a curse that has to be passed on.
I WAS the Owner of Wolfboys 800th post but SOMEBODY had to go and get a new Forum lol!

Tsukai

Post by Tsukai » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:22 am

Zandra wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:25 pm

I disagree, if only because the advent of stuff like the pacemaker proves that right now what's happening to Miho is all about forcing her out of 'a story' and into the real world where more realistic cause and effect occurs. What I'm trying to say is that Piro doesn't deserve to suffer because of Miho's needs, or what other people think Miho needs.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:15 pm

Tsukai wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:22 am
Zandra wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:25 pm

I disagree, if only because the advent of stuff like the pacemaker proves that right now what's happening to Miho is all about forcing her out of 'a story' and into the real world where more realistic cause and effect occurs. What I'm trying to say is that Piro doesn't deserve to suffer because of Miho's needs, or what other people think Miho needs.
The modern real life has invented a solution for most curses:

A graphical user interface...

Or, in terms of risk management, insurance does this by spreading it over large group of people to deal with a mishap of one.

Wonder how many people would it have to take to insure Miho ?
Edit: Never mind, I wrote that some time ago...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:57 pm

cidjen wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:15 pm
The modern real life has invented a solution for most curses:

A graphical user interface...

Or, in terms of risk management, insurance does this by spreading it over large group of people to deal with a mishap of one.

Wonder how many people would it have to take to insure Miho ?
Edit: Never mind, I wrote that some time ago...
The Analog Support Facility (provided by the government and the forces of control) is where Miho had been getting her needs taken care of, but Piro's quick action in providing CPR for Miho brought her to the other side where she was treated just as any other citizen of Megatokyo. Japan has a type of socialized medicine which requires all citizens to have a healthcare policy to cover major medical needs. I'm sure Miho had to have such a policy in order to interact with the mundane world of Megatokyo. So I'm pretty sure she is covered.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:28 am

Miho ? She's not even Japanese... Idk would the European Health Insurance Card (yes we have something like that, EHIC) work for Irish stories in Japan...?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:11 pm

Given her damage capabilities, I suspect the authorities would find a way to ensure she's covered.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:16 pm

Not sure why she would need insurance, until now her default setting was to die and respawn.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:24 pm

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:16 pm
Not sure why she would need insurance, until now her default setting was to die and respawn.
We've only seen her die (vaporised by Ed) once, and almost die in the bathroom once.
From what Yaku was implying, this happened much more often and from the description of her condition by Mugi, some of that must have been in hospital... Some kind of insurance must have been involved.
Wait, are the older undead actually the insurance investigators...?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:37 pm

AFAIK, Japan has a national heath system. That probably applies in MT, too.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:15 am

Ningen 2 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:37 pm
In UK, where there is the NHS, they will first treat you, if you aren't on it too, but then they start asking questions afterwards (although the price list is not as egregious as what I heard of US, but still). (If you work here and pay contribution there is no question)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

S1arburst

Post by S1arburst » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:59 pm

Random Wanderer wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:20 am
I find Yakugashi's current behavior to be rather heartbreaking. She started started "yesterday" as an aloof girl who was sick of all the "adult stupidity" going on around her and who mostly sat by herself reading or drawing when she wasn't stepping in to "solve" the problem because everyone else was too stupid to see what was obvious to her. But now, ever since being rescued she hasn't stopped clinging to either Miho or Mugi the entire time. The poor girl's been traumatized, and that is never a happy thing to see. :(
I kind of like Yaku better this way. She struck me as rather a brat before. Thinking about it, she probably got used to being the one to take care of things because her mom is over-the-top emotional, has a lot of her time and energy sunk in the Miho-cult, and isn't great at taking care of herself. That's kind of sad, when kids think they have to be the adult. Still annoying though. No respect.

"Ninja, sit!"
Brat.
"I'm going to write you over to The Foxhole so you can interrupt Piro and Kimiko getting all steamy."
Double brat.

Obviously, she had no idea of the forces she was playing with and her danger. It's kind of sweet seeing Yaku more clingy and earnest. I do hope she relaxes more soon, but I'm just as glad she's not currently trying to run things and pull people's strings.
Just call me prissywings

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:30 am

cidjen wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:15 am
Ningen 2 wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:37 pm
In UK, where there is the NHS, they will first treat you, if you aren't on it too, but then they start asking questions afterwards (although the price list is not as egregious as what I heard of US, but still). (If you work here and pay contribution there is no question)
For many countries there is a cross-charge system in place but the US doesn't have a national health system to cross-charge to in which case usually the bills go to your travel insurance unless you are careless enough not to have any.
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.