[1604] residual memory

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Tsukai

Re: [1604] residual memory

Post by Tsukai » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:46 pm

You know, Megatokyo's been going on for so long that a bit of unrestrained carnal antics might just be what everyone needs, honestly. Go Peek! Go Poke! Have sex with ALL the main cast! Better yet, make Fred draw it!

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:33 pm

Tsukai wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:46 pm
You know, Megatokyo's been going on for so long that a bit of unrestrained carnal antics might just be what everyone needs, honestly. Go Peek! Go Poke! Have sex with ALL the main cast! Better yet, make Fred draw it!
Sailor looks up with a far away look in his eyes Scene goes all wavy for a moment...

PANEL ONE

(left to right)

Whole cast of the morning hotel hall way discussion -milling about looking right angrily

Erika- (to Peek n Poke) with an angry look on her face and arms crossed: So you two are going to seduce ALL of us with your super SONY android sex skills? HAH!!!

Peek and Poke- getting undressed: just smirking at each other

Several hours later

PANEL TWO

(left to right)

Peek- in a bath towel lying across the bed happily kicking her feet: Wooot! I FINALLY reached the good end, (uh.. eleven times) Wooot!!

Poke- standing in bathroom door, also in a bath towel: And I remember it all!! We should've gone ad hoc mode a long time ago!!

Whole cast of the morning hotel hall way discussion -scattered around the room exhausted, naked, lying down separately and in small piles (naughty bits all cleverly concealed): wow, holy shit, zzzzz

Ping and Junko- Ping standing in door to room, with Junko looking past her: Junko: I think we missed something. Ping: DO OVER !!

PANEL THREE

Mugi's hospital room

Miho- sitting spread legged on floor in shock, bright red from embarrassment, bed hair ten times worse than before, fancy silk outfit has come mostly loose and she is holding it up: uh...

Mugi- in bed looking down at Miho unperturbed: Ok, one more time, Kimi is playing you and that's bad because...

Speech bubble from off panel to right: Mom - Miho, somebody unlock the door and let me out of the bathroom. What's going on?

Scene gets all wavy for a moment again

Sailor looks forward and speaks to the fourth wall: No. Just no. Not gonna happen. No way. ...sniff...

DS

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:09 pm

DrunkenSailor wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:33 pm
Tsukai wrote:
Sailor looks up with a far away look in his eyes Scene goes all wavy for a moment...

PANEL ONE

(left to right)

Whole cast of the morning hotel hall way discussion -milling about looking right angrily

Erika- (to Peek n Poke) with an angry look on her face and arms crossed: So you two are going to seduce ALL of us with your super SONY android sex skills? HAH!!!

Peek and Poke- getting undressed: just smirking at each other

Several hours later

PANEL TWO

(left to right)

Peek- in a bath towel lying across the bed happily kicking her feet: Wooot! I FINALLY reached the good end, (uh.. eleven times) Wooot!!

Poke- standing in bathroom door, also in a bath towel: And I remember it all!! We should've gone ad hoc mode a long time ago!!

Whole cast of the morning hotel hall way discussion -scattered around the room exhausted, naked, lying down separately and in small piles (naughty bits all cleverly concealed): wow, holy shit, zzzzz

Ping and Junko- Ping standing in door to room, with Junko looking past her: Junko: I think we missed something. Ping: DO OVER !!

PANEL THREE

Mugi's hospital room

Miho- sitting spread legged on floor in shock, bright red from embarrassment, bed hair ten times worse than before, fancy silk outfit has come mostly loose and she is holding it up: uh...

Mugi- in bed looking down at Miho unperturbed: Ok, one more time, Kimi is playing you and that's bad because...

Speech bubble from off panel to right: Mom - Miho, somebody unlock the door and let me out of the bathroom. What's going on?

Scene gets all wavy for a moment again

Sailor looks forward and speaks to the fourth wall: No. Just no. Not gonna happen. No way. ...sniff...

DS

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:55 am

Billunk isn't a word, is it? </crossword freak>
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:50 pm

Plot twist : everything from when Miho fell asleep, to when she's now woken up, was a dream...?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:30 pm

cidjen wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:50 pm
Plot twist : everything from when Miho fell asleep, to when she's now woken up, was a dream...?
Given that Miho can unmake the world this may not be that far off

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:17 am

Ningen 2 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:55 am
Everything is a word, but what language were you hoping for?
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

legozephyr

Post by legozephyr » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:35 am

man, I'm not sure this is the place for it, but the last few comics have got me thinking hard enough that I remade my account on the forums for the first time since...what, 2009? so here goes I guess.

I've been following the comic since around 2002, and I used to really love it! 20 years have passed since then and I've moved onto other interests, but I've always kept up with the happenings in the comic when it crosses my mind to do so. recently, though - and especially with the appearance of peek and poke - I find myself feeling increasingly uncomfortable. the megatokyo I remember dealt in awkward romance, fleeting encounters, enigmatic characters, goofy nerds and their slice-of-life antics, strange and intriguing meta-plots, and a wider commentary on idol/fandom culture. while a few of those things are still simmering away somewhere, it feels as though the last few story arcs have largely been focused on...cute young girls and their sex lives?

perhaps it's simply that, as an adult woman well into her 30s, I am no longer the target audience for this particular story. and if so, that's fine - it is what it is. but I can't pretend not to be a little disappointed to see the cast expand with waifu after waifu, while the characters and themes that drew me to the story seem to fade away into the background.

I mean no disrespect to fred, of course - I know life has dealt him a tough hand over the years. I just needed to get some of my thoughts out into the air, since they'd been simmering inside my skull for so long without anywhere to go. sorry if this wasn't the time or place for it - as I said, it's been a while since I ventured onto the forums. but thank you for reading anyway. <3

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:04 pm

mistersaxon wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:17 am
Ningen 2 wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:55 am
Everything is a word, but what language were you hoping for?
In certain high level computer programming languages, word means 16 bits.... ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:18 pm

...which is enough to encode a full English vocabulary.

mostlyharmless

Post by mostlyharmless » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:55 pm

Maybe the "Translation" button on the comic main page should go to this forum? So confusing!

mostlyharmless

Post by mostlyharmless » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:04 pm

legozephyr wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:35 am

I've been following the comic since around 2002, and I used to really love it! 20 years have passed since then and I've moved onto other interests, but I've always kept up with the happenings in the comic when it crosses my mind to do so. recently, though - and especially with the appearance of peek and poke - I find myself feeling increasingly uncomfortable. the megatokyo I remember dealt in awkward romance, fleeting encounters, enigmatic characters, goofy nerds and their slice-of-life antics, strange and intriguing meta-plots, and a wider commentary on idol/fandom culture. while a few of those things are still simmering away somewhere, it feels as though the last few story arcs have largely been focused on...cute young girls and their sex lives?
Hah! You're only 30 - you may live to see the end of this story! I'm 76! I also started ~ 2002. ... tho I agree, Fred is wandering into the ecchi furry zone.

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:30 am

mostlyharmless wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:04 pm
legozephyr wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:35 am

[...context removed lol ...] it feels as though the last few story arcs have largely been focused on...cute young girls and their sex lives?
Hah! You're only 30 - you may live to see the end of this story! I'm 76! I also started ~ 2002. ... tho I agree, Fred is wandering into the ecchi furry zone.
Ok so 1, is that a zone? If so, where - not Disneyland (apparently). 2, gotta keep the patrons on board with some side comics, amirite? and 3, if that is what it looks like Fred is doing then he almost certainly isn't :)
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:31 am

mostlyharmless wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:55 pm
Maybe the "Translation" button on the comic main page should go to this forum? So confusing!
Idk if this is a dig at my translation effort or a r/woosh moment :) but good one, slow-clap.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:25 am

I think it's because the pages at the translation link are all well behind the main comic, and that varies by language, too.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:52 am

Hmm, well the facts are that many of the characters making their first appearance have in fact existed since near the beginning of the strip. IIRC one of the causes for the split between Fred and Rodney was that Rod wanted to kill off “excess” characters in a Zombie Apocalypse.

I’m not sure how Largo as Negan would have gone over but fortunately we didn’t get that

mostlyharmless

Post by mostlyharmless » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:53 pm

cidjen wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:31 am
mostlyharmless wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:55 pm
Idk if this is a dig at my translation effort or a r/woosh moment :) but good one, slow-clap.
Sorry, totally not a slur on the translations, which I have never used. More a reflection on the fact that I have needed this forum to fully understand the current comic many times. Thanks, people!

(corrected for gender correctness)

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:10 pm

@mostlyharmless it's ok I think I guessed this might be the case;)

@Ningen well I stopped having lots of time to spend on it... While still trying to be clandestine.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:42 pm

Tsukai wrote:
Fred tends to frown on people who abuse his characters.

Don't poke that tiger.
👿
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

IrwinFletcher

Post by IrwinFletcher » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:32 pm

Last comic was on July 12th.

Huh...

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:03 pm

IrwinFletcher wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:32 pm

Huh...
Yep, it be like that

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:12 am

Maybe we should divert the thread into a huge "What If..." serial thread? What If... Peek tries to steal Largo from Erika? (It doesn't have to be plausible plot-wise)

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:08 pm

mistersaxon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:12 am
Maybe we should divert the thread into a huge "What If..." serial thread? What If... Peek tries to steal Largo from Erika? (It doesn't have to be plausible plot-wise)
More like, we need more participants in Fan Works sub ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Hashbrown Potatoes

Post by Hashbrown Potatoes » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:25 pm

IrwinFletcher wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:32 pm

Huh...
I imagine the next comic will be end of this month or beginning of next. IIRC summer is a busy time for Fred.

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:10 am

cidjen wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:08 pm
mistersaxon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:12 am
More like, we need more participants in Fan Works sub ;)
Instead what if Poke tries to steal Largo, succeeds, forgets all about it, and then steals Erika from him when he goes to teach his class. Peek would point out that she'd created the worlds first isosceles love triangle.

(yeah I have no idea what that means either)

DS