[1599] you shouldn't just assume

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

BetaCygnus

Re: [1599] you shouldn't just assume

Post by BetaCygnus » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:24 pm

Thanks for the gorgeous new page, Fred! =)
I love Erika’s side remark to Largo!

Anyway. Having established that no one really knows anything for sure about nine tailed kitsune, because nobody knows any and apart from that, it’s all legend and stuff — and even Largo’s knowledge is based on those same legendary sources — who’s to say that Erika (or maybe Moeko…?) isn’t right with her remark and Megumi as a nine tail kitsune ends up having no more power than a single tailed congener with a bad attitude towards herself?
It would be just the unexpected plot twist…

We shouldn’t just °assume°, right?

Great to find a new page, anyway! And Fred? It’s always a treat.
I don’t mind the wait. I just wish you would not feel the need to apologize every time you come with the next new great piece of art.

I’m glad you put so much time and effort into this project.
It’s worth both it and the wait. Every time.

=)
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:11 pm

BetaCygnus wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:24 pm
Thanks for the gorgeous new page, Fred! =)
I love Erika’s side remark to Largo!

Anyway. Having established that no one really knows anything for sure about nine tailed kitsune, because nobody knows any and apart from that, it’s all legend and stuff — and even Largo’s knowledge is based on those same legendary sources — who’s to say that Erika (or maybe Moeko…?) isn’t right with her remark and Megumi as a nine tail kitsune ends up having no more power than a single tailed congener with a bad attitude towards herself?
It would be just the unexpected plot twist…

We shouldn’t just °assume°, right?

Great to find a new page, anyway! And Fred? It’s always a treat.
I don’t mind the wait. I just wish you would not feel the need to apologize every time you come with the next new great piece of art.

I’m glad you put so much time and effort into this project.
It’s worth both it and the wait. Every time.

=)
Serious question, do you really think that Fred would have gone to all the effort and planning to build up to this only to have Megumi be impotent eye candy?

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:17 pm

Roamer wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:27 am
Voyager wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:15 pm

There are four girls present, not counting Megumi who has a pair of hands of her own.

Largo will, fully appropriately, grab Piro and hurl the two of them behind, hopefully, solid cover.

The real question is, did either of them bother to spec any rez's into their build, or if they'll have to rely of Largo-negotiation while everyone finds there way back from their respawn points.
While it's not a bad plan, the problem is depending on how hard they yank, minimum safe distance from the explosion is likely to be 'The next ward over'.
Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:07 am

My personal theory is that Piro is an Agent of Change and he's the one triggering all of these events. Megumi has arisen as a force to balance Piro so now I'm shipping Megumi x Piro in hopes that they together can restore balance in MT
That raises the question, is he a benign Agent of Change, or a programmed weapon? And, to embrace the full Star Wars nature of your quote about 'restoring balance', you're implying Megumi's here to kill a whole lot of whomever Piro's representing....probably the Ninjas.* Real ninja like Junpei's immediate family, not the chocolate soldiers like the 'ninjas' Megumi's family found lying on the ground in front of the hotel.

*I don't care what anybody says, he is not here representing the magical girls. I can't see him making a skirt work.
maldrul wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:00 pm
[Touches fluffy tail][BOOM!]

I'm okay. :ph34r:
Well, of course. She's not going to hurt another Kitsune...not for the first offense, anyway.
A couple of things, the Ninja that Miho left bleeding in the street were all real deal tier 1 operatives. Ninja grams was not about to send second stringers out after Miho and even then she had still badly underestimated who she was dealing with.

Piro may have no more awareness of his function but everywhere he goes things change dramatically

Orriens

Post by Orriens » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:31 am

Tsukai wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:59 pm
Largo, don't refer to people as 'it', you POS.
Why not? I do that all the time. Especially if it's not clear if what gender they are.
The only people who get angry are those aggressive mental cases.

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:07 am

You POS :p

"Them" is a more polite choice for a gender-neutral pronoun. "It" should only be used for objects or animals.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:37 pm

Nothing says seasons greetings like a pronoun discussion...

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:09 am

So: Season's Greetings MT fans.

If "Merry Christmas" is acceptable, then please have one of those, otherwise I hope you enmjoy your humbugs.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.