[1598] IT DID NOT GO WELL

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Tsukai

Re: [1598] IT DID NOT GO WELL

Post by Tsukai » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:17 am

Ugh this page was brutally painful to read, especially considering I really kinda shipped Megumi with that guy. I mean it's good that she actually admitted it, but sheesh she's really suffering right now. Glad SOMETHING managed to get through to grandma though and she's not an entirely insufferable prick. But wow...

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:00 pm

Well Largo is the only one who's actually counted Megumi's tails so far and she noticed it and didn't care for it at all. Currently the rest of the attendees likely know that it's more than 3 but that's not necessarily disturbing to them for the time being

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:52 pm

Largo doesn't need to know Japanese here, he just notices Megs crying, and to be prepared if that sadness turns to anger.....

DrunkenSailor

Post by DrunkenSailor » Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:31 pm

In comic 1590, Ashe didn't know about the tails and Megumi was primarily concerned about the tails not last night's failed romance. In 1591, Ashe went to fetch Grandma to find out what was up with them. Also at least Ashe is aware Ping is a robot and not a silly girl with a camera on her head and I kind of assumed Grandma and Megumi were informed yesterday about that. Perhaps Ashe decided to respect Ping's privacy in that matter. Or Grandma just isn't sharing Ping's situation with Piro, Largo, Kimi, and Erica.

I still suspect Grandma is purposely changing the subject here to calm Megumi and distract the outsiders attention from the whole nine tails thing. Not that the romance issue isn't also important to Grandma, but that not discussing the nine tails stuff in front of strangers, the two Americans and two famous voice actresses in a hallway of a public building, is more so. People in MEGA-Tokyo are amazing about what they can ignore and forget about while diverting their attention to seemingly trivial other crap, it's kind of a major theme with Fred's comic.

Fred went to a lot of effort to show Grandma to be a VERY WISE character who ONLY USES apparent silliness or even outrageousness as tools to help her young girls deal with their crazy weird fictional world problems (sort of like Sonada-Mieme) I think Grandma will get back on topic about the tails and ears once they are in a more private setting.