The Chekhov's Guns^wMinefield, of 'Tohya' or 'Miho' in 1544 :)

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

cidjen

The Chekhov's Guns^wMinefield, of 'Tohya' or 'Miho' in 1544 :)

Post by cidjen » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:26 am

For those who are interested,

Fred mentioned willing to go and 'fix' something in 1444, panel 2, where Erika says '... this 'Miho' of yours.'
Until I pointed out that in 1409, Piro exclaims the name right in front of Nanasawa...

So like, my understanding of the situation in 1444 is, Erika now knows the Miho name, and was kinda cranky about it, I imagine because Nanasawa either called her, or the two girls went home leaving the patients in the hospital, so they had the time to talk... I imagine Erika had to soothe Nanazawa up from a bit more dangerous Zilla state than the one after the Train Wreck... So she was kinda holding herself back from decapitation of Piro :)

(Side note I am so bad at reading the room .. I did not make this connection until now, before that I thought Erika's mood was because of Largo's antics... But the above is one of the best Chekhov's Guns I think I can remember, now that I can imagine that ;)

Fred was saying something about this being relevant to something he was planning...

I don't know if this did get through but whatever the plan? Just mod 1409 as well so that Piro doesn't exclaim the FIRST name of his 'ex' in front of the current girlfriend :) and all will be OK? And you can then proceed with original plan. Just my thoughts.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

HakuRyoku

Re: The Chekhov's Guns^wMinefield, of 'Tohya' or 'Miho' in 1544 :)

Post by HakuRyoku » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:48 pm

I dont know, I think the dialogue works perfectly fine as it is. we, as the readers, all know that Piro and Miho had a very close online relationship so him shouting out her first name without honorifics fits perfectly with both the severity of their relationship and the situation at hand in 1409. Now, fast forward to 1444; Kimiko and Erika have clearly talked about the incident and Erika brings up Kimiko being upset about the whole situation, not just about causing Miho's heart to stop, but the fact that Piro said Miho's name and I'm sure the lack of honorifics used is also part of what made Kimiko upset. After all... Piro and Kimiko are 'dating' and he still hasn't called her by her first name without honorifics (atleast to my knowledge), and with that, I think its safe to assume that Kimiko wants Piro to call her 'Kimiko' instead of 'Kimiko-san'.
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist