[1595] TMD too much debriefing

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Tsukai

Re: [1595] TMD too much debriefing

Post by Tsukai » Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:08 am

Aww, man, just let Piro be happy, for goodnes's sake. This is a dreadfully old joke.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:19 pm

jkhartl wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:50 pm
S1arburst wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:44 pm
OH, Largo's counting is counting tails, not waiting for Piro to process. That makes sense that he'd be more focused on that then pretty much anything else right now.

Largo: And the threat level is going up, up, up...
Largo is counting the tails out of curiosity. I don't think he knows the danger of a 9 tailed catgirl.
I think Largo recognizes threats and performs threat analysis instinctively. He classed Kimiko as a threat long before she became famous. Even if he doesn't know why it's a threat, he still tries to determine how dangerous it might be. I suspect it's one reason Junpei became his student.

Roborat

Post by Roborat » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:00 pm

Massive exposition without burying the art, yet still advancing the plot and excellent drawing and composition, I really like this page. And I remain in awe of Fred's drawing skills, I really like the first panel.

I noticed Largo got interrupted before he could finish counting. Will he have to start over? Does he know the significance of a nine tailed foxgirl (not catgirl)? I was hoping he would finish like the count in Sesame Street.

Minnesaenger

Post by Minnesaenger » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:03 pm

What I find most interesting here is Piro being completely flustered at the notion that Largo is with Hayasaka now - he's quite a bit behind on character development for his friends :)

"Erika encouraged other options available at this base" - too much debriefing indeed.

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:43 am

Minnesaenger wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:03 pm
"Erika encouraged other options available at this base" - too much debriefing indeed.
Or just enough?
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:57 am

"Erika encouraged other options available at this base"
Translation: He had another "awkward incident" and they ended up playing Mario Kart and talking for hours. Hey, that's progress from the first incident

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:11 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:57 am
Translation: He had another "awkward incident" and they ended up playing Mario Kart and talking for hours. Hey, that's progress from the first incident
Nonono,

he didn't think about it bc was /tired/ and wanted t'play (mini)games, and she kinda went against... that? One does not simply... resist the force of Moeko x Bunny Princess.

Let's not explain what can be explained by simplemindedness, by something else ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Voyager

Post by Voyager » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:41 am

cidjen wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:11 am
Invisigoth wrote:
Nonono,

he didn't think about it bc was /tired/ and wanted t'play (mini)games, and she kinda went against... that? One does not simply... resist the force of Moeko x Bunny Princess.

Let's not explain what can be explained by simplemindedness, by something else ;)
Nah, he didn't think about it because he had *no idea* what the place was.

The only reason I have any idea such things exist in Japan is because I read Megatokyo, and unlike Largo, I can actually tell what they are saying.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:55 am

Voyager wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:41 am
cidjen wrote:
Invisigoth wrote:

Nonono,

Nah, he didn't think about it because he had *no idea* what the place was.

The only reason I have any idea such things exist in Japan is because I read Megatokyo, and unlike Largo, I can actually tell what they are saying.
Still doesn't contradict what I said (and I can't japanese sorry ;) ) - Erika seems kinda relaxed, and Largo isn't bruised, so I /imagine/ it went well in the end?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:14 pm

cidjen wrote:
Nonono, he didn't think about it bc was /tired/ and wanted t'play (mini)games, and she kinda went against... that? One does not simply... resist the force of Moeko x Bunny Princess.
Moerika is not to be trusted as a reliable source anymore.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:14 pm

Moon Bunny Girl...

Willfon

Post by Willfon » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:08 pm

jkhartl wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:44 pm
In panel 4 it's Megumi who said “How can someone so fricking small hit so damn HARD!?” and will now need a chiropractor for her back.
Who is still grumpy because she appears to also want a Piropractor.