Piro the Protagonist

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Dr. Memory

Piro the Protagonist

Post by Dr. Memory » Thu May 13, 2021 10:25 pm

It's becoming obvious that Piro is a (the?) protagonist, right?

His lame little fan army certainly thinks so.

He said he isn't, at Kimiko's event. And he wasn't, in that context - that was her event! But others are picking up on it.

A lot of things have happened due to Piro's actions, not the least of which is the insertion of both him and Largo into Tokyo!

Miho/Moh was attracted to Piro/Pirogeth. This directly affected Miho in game and out - it put an end to her plans and got her banned and she liked him enough to send him pics and tell him where to find her! This is out of character for Miho. She is generally not a nice person, and I can't think of any other genuine flirting we've seen her do, nor any real relationship stuff. MAYBE the pirate captain, if the story she told Kimiko is true. Miho is clearly powerful as well - cataclysm-level magical girl seems like a pretty good theory - yet Piro has been able to affect her quite a bit.

Piro can travel the same way Miho does. It isn't that clear yet whether he can do it on his own, but Miho has not been picking him up and dragging him around like Yuki does with Kobayashi. What's more, Mugi said that Miho can't do that (take people with her). Yet, there he is.

I'm not sure what all of this means. There have been threads suggesting he is a catalyst, among other theories. Maybe, but I think he's a lot more powerful and influential than that. Luckily, he's also a lamer with no self-confidence, and will almost certainly stay in denial about his own power. :)

Invisigoth

Re: Piro the Protagonist

Post by Invisigoth » Fri May 14, 2021 5:47 pm

Yeah you've hit the nail on the head here. Everyone is still suppose to hate Piro at the end though, the ultimate anti-hero

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Thu May 20, 2021 7:35 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:47 pm
Yeah you've hit the nail on the head here. Everyone is still suppose to hate Piro at the end though, the ultimate anti-hero
Oh, come on. Hating Piro would be like hating the neighborhood stray cat. Yeah, he's underfoot, and he gets in the trash, and makes all the dogs bark....but he's still a part of the neighborhood. And lets be serious, Kimiko easily wins the 'Protagonist most likely to take in strays' award.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu May 20, 2021 8:59 pm

Roamer wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 7:35 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 5:47 pm
Oh, come on. Hating Piro would be like hating the neighborhood stray cat. Yeah, he's underfoot, and he gets in the trash, and makes all the dogs bark....but he's still a part of the neighborhood. And lets be serious, Kimiko easily wins the 'Protagonist most likely to take in strays' award.
You know, this is the ONE thing I simply can't get about Fred. He for whatever reason WANTS to hate Piro. The fact that the story has taken a turn where Piro will have a "not bad ending" is a surprise for him

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Fri May 21, 2021 8:38 am

Depending on how much canon the out of story drawings are, Piro and Kimiko are a thing in 'real life' anyway, that is when not being actors in the Megatokyo (movie? Theatre? Game?) production ( look no further than Fred's own Location Hunting drawing on fredart/artstation). That kinda can happen in ( don't want to say cheap because it's unfair to those that aren't or those who are cheap but still achieve great story, content, value and success) some productions, of which this world can't have enough of ;) but it seems like the writer is bedazzled by their offscreen chemistry and just wanted to keep it going for the world to see it. That's my explanation anyway ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )