[1509] - "the floor is lava"

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

cidjen

Re: [1509] - "the floor is lava"

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:21 pm

The burning floor is not a problem, as it would be totally self-cleansing, lol, but I would not appreciate having to use bedlinen and upholstery made of asbestos :) and burning off my and my date's clothes... Also AC would kill the entire hotel's profits biiiiig time... and insurance.... moh dia.
Last edited by cidjen on Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:27 pm

Also unrelated-funny, how do the buttons on the hospital robe don't just pop off, as she's jumping around the platforms, but when she was acting the death scene, she had to take a time-out to pop them back together again... :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:30 pm

Piro's nick explained!1!one! he'll totally burn lol!

(sorry, I could have stopped myself but I didn't want to...)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:22 pm

Wait, you are trying to put more clothes on Kimiko? Piro, dude, you are doing it wrong.

I am still failing to see unambiguous evidence in-comic that Piro is "in love with Miho", so I'm interpreting his jitters here as more or less overthinking things. :lol:

Also people keep using "Kimi-zilla" in contexts like the present, to refer to Kimiko in her intensely affectionate state. But Erika used "Kimi-zilla" to refer to Kimiko's opposite tendency to lash out angrily and push guys away (a la the train platform after Anna Miller's).
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:25 pm

All this within less than 24 hours. Maybe less than 12.
Definitely fewer than 12 hours since Miho woke up from surgery, by my rough calculations. A LOT of things happen simultaneously. If we look at it primarily from Piro’s point of view:

- Piro finds Miho awake, talks with her, and is kicked out of the room. Counting the time before Piro returns with coffee, 10 minutes tops.

- Piro wanders around the hospital in a daze, trying to figure out how to contact Kimiko. Decides to go find Largo and apologize. Another 45 to 60 minutes, depending on how long Piro angsts about going to Largo’s room.

- Piro, Largo, and Erika bring each other up to speed. Meanwhile, Miho tries to break out of her restraints and succeeds (blowing up the hospital in the process) just as Largo flips his lid about Teh Evil running loose. Let’s be generous and say 20 minutes, since it probably took a little while to find the wheelchair and get everyone situated.

- Piro pushes the wheelchair at top speed through the hospital, arriving at the pile of rubble just after Kimiko and Miho have switched places. Erica holds off security and part of the gathering horde in order to give Piro room to reach KiMiho. I’m fuzzy on timing here, but can hazard a guess of fewer than 30 minutes unless the hospital is humongous.

- Piro and KiMiho act out their big love scene and Miho’s death, and Piro flees with the body while Erika and Largo clear a path through the grieving horde. This probably seemed like much longer to us readers, but looking at the dialogue, it can’t have taken more than 15 minutes from reaching the pile of rubble to “making mayh3m.”

- Piro runs off carrying Kimiko and drops through the floor to escape. He picks himself up, stumbles around a bit, and finds Megumi in tears. They figure out a plan of action. Another estimated 15 minutes.

Time gets extra nebulous here, since Fred jumps between scenes a lot and so much happens at once. Junpei leaves Miho at the ninja compound; Miho talks with Ninja Grandma; Yuki re-enters the picture and finds Mrs. Kobayashi just as Largo and Erika have cleared out the worst of the horde; Mrs. Kobayashi finds out that Yuki’s a magical girl, chases off the last of Erika’s minions, and talks to Erika about Moeko; and Megumi runs to Mugi’s room to grab the car keys, books it to the car, and plows through the hospital grounds with Junpei’s assistance.

- Meanwhile, Piro’s been hiding out with Kimiko this whole time. Junpei stops by early on to dispatch a couple of stray fanboys before heading to Megumi’s aid, and Megumi eventually arrives with the getaway car. It’s difficult to imagine them waiting longer than 90 minutes at the very most, even factoring in how much rough terrain Megumi had to navigate.

- Piro, Kimiko, and Megumi make their big escape. Kimiko accosts Piro while Megumi drives toward safer ground. Megumi sees them getting busy in the backseat, calls her grandma, and heads for the family love hotel. I have no clue how far that is away from the hospital, but Megumi’s poor beat up car probably couldn’t have handled too long a drive. Let’s say another 40 minutes at most.

- Piro, Kimiko, and Megumi arrive at the love hotel’s parking garage. They make their way to the room selection area and Kimiko picks a room. She and Piro head off down the hallway, get to the room, and here we are at today’s comic. Another 30 minutes, including all the walking and giving Kimiko some time to play in the room.

A little over two years in real time, probably fewer than six hours in comic time. If anyone would like to correct my estimates, please feel free, since I have no sense of time in real life. Still, it’s slightly disorienting to contemplate.

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:30 pm

Also, regarding the room, what happens to people’s clothes once they’ve removed them in a frenzy of sexual arousal? How many guests have been stuck naked in there, waiting for staff to bring them new clothes because the old ones burned up and the guests can’t leave the room otherwise?

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:39 pm

I think the floor may actually be a red carpet.

But yeah, I never thought of the perverse opportunities for that game before.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:46 pm

NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:25 pm

Time gets extra nebulous here, since Fred jumps between scenes a lot and so much happens at once. Junpei leaves Miho at the ninja compound; Miho talks with Ninja Grandma; Yuki re-enters the picture and finds Mrs. Kobayashi just as Largo and Erika have cleared out the worst of the horde; Mrs. Kobayashi finds out that Yuki’s a magical girl, chases off the last of Erika’s minions, and talks to Erika about Moeko; and Megumi runs to Mugi’s room to grab the car keys, books it to the car, and plows through the hospital grounds with Junpei’s assistance.
Yeah that's where writing concise resume's of the story becomes pretty diff. It's hard to figure out sometimes, which parts take place at the same time (the collapse at the hospital is a rare one, seen from 3 different perspectives in 3 different scenes - one of the timelines I have a problem synthetizing is the buildup to CoE blowout, from 4 different perspectives... it's fun to follow, hard to write, when one wants to)
Miho talks with Ninja Grandma
Why do you think, that girl is the Grandma ? It seems (to me) it's Junpei's sister, more like.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:48 pm

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:30 pm
Also, regarding the room, what happens to people’s clothes once they’ve removed them in a frenzy of sexual arousal? How many guests have been stuck naked in there, waiting for staff to bring them new clothes because the old ones burned up and the guests can’t leave the room otherwise?
I know, right?

Montezuma's Revenge joke coming in 1... 2... oh sorry I wrote that already.

Also asbestos is harmful to health.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 pm

MoneyMan wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:39 pm
I think the floor may actually be a red carpet.
Heh, I will laugh if my "Mission to Mars" guess/gag turns out to be true. :lol:

But yeah, I never thought of the perverse opportunities for that game before.
Oh my yes. The penalties Kimiko is likely to come up with at this point are sure to be quite, how to phrase this politely, elaborate. :ph34r:

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:20 pm

cidjen wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:46 pm
Why do you think, that girl is the Grandma ? It seems (to me) it's Junpei's sister, more like.
I think part of is that Junpei has mentioned his grandma before [1471], but not a sister. It would be very like Fred to lay the groundwork by mentioning a character ahead of time before really introducing her to the story.

But more, I think it's the way Ninjagrrl behaved. At first, she seemed very flighty and Asako-like to everyone. But as time went on, the valley girl talk and costume changes for Miho came to seem more deliberate. It was a way for her to seem non-threatening and throw Miho off-balance while she questioned her. When Ninjagrrl analyzed Miho's fighting style, she sounded like she had long experience. And when Ninjagrrl asked if she needed to kill Miho to protect her clan, it sounded like a serious question. She is in a position of responsibility to protect her clan, and she didn't doubt her ability to kill Miho if that was what was needed [1483]. And then the way she handled Miho's despair and suicidal thoughts seemed much more like what Meimi or some other adult would have done than the bubble-headed teen she was pretending to be.

We'll find out for sure when Junpei and Yaku get there, I imagine. But I'm with NinjaDefenestrator, I think Ninjagrrl is Junpei's grandma.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:27 pm

paarfi wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:20 pm

We'll find out for sure when Junpei and Yaku get there, I imagine. But I'm with NinjaDefenestrator, I think Ninjagrrl is Junpei's grandma.
Well what about [1485]#8 ?
Maybe ninja women don't use makeup (for it may have bad effect on skin when one wears a face mask all the time)... but I doubt any self-respecting elderly lady would say /that/ ...

Also, offers Miho 'something less traditional' to wear. Old ladies would be maybe more attached to their tradition?

Also :) sorry English is not my first language, and I know no representative ninja lore :) but [1473]#7 'sounds' grrrly and 'like a sister' to me (I have a younger sibling) ;)

(onemoreedit) (totally, even from pictures looks like a teen, to me).
Last edited by cidjen on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

MoneyMan

Post by MoneyMan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:28 pm

I hadn't even got to the penalties.

The ways of keeping off the floor have so much potential already.

darrin

Post by darrin » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:03 pm

MoneyMan, reordered a bit wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:28 pm
Oh sure. The wrong part of my brain has been replaying the Robot Chicken bit with the Animaniacs singing through a list of purported Kama Sutra positions ever since I first saw the current strip. :cry: (The only 2 editwhose names/edit I actually remember are "Inverse Wheelbarrow" and "Broken Refrigerator" despite it being a very long list, but the basic idea and tune are stuck in there pretty solid. "yadada dadada DA!" :x)

(EDIT: that RC ep was shown one night recently, turns out the ones I thought I recalled were actually "Reverse Wheelbarrow" and "Fridge Splitter". Also, lotta animal names on that list. :shock:)
I hadn't even got to the penalties.
I just think that's where Kimiko's creative powers are really going to come into play (I almost said something about "creative juices flowing" but YIKES not for this strip I am close enough to in trouble as it is :ph34r:), and where the already confused and freaked out Piro is going to fall further and further behind.

MegaTokyo, Robot Chicken version:
Piro: Wait, so I have to... and, and... I'm sorry, I just don't see how that could possibly...
Kimiko: Ah ha ha ha, no not simultaneously, just sequentially. Five minutes of the first one, and then three minutes of the second. Or, you know, as long as I last... it will probably be more like two minutes, hee hee!
NSFWShow
The answers are "push her on the biggest swing" and "spin her on the spinny thing (not shown) until she gets dizzy". :lol: Why what were YOU thinking? :P
Last edited by darrin on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:13 pm

darrin wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:03 pm
"Broken Refrigerator"
?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:10 pm

Darrin, Yuki has confirmed repeatedly through her magical girl powers that Piro and Miho are still in love. Hear me out on this one:

According to Junpei, one of the primary traits that defines a magical girl is that they “live by code of love.” https://megatokyo.com/strip/674

Later, once Yuki comes to terms with her powers, she grumbles that even her mom knew about Yutaka’s crush on her and credits her mother’s status as a magical girl. https://megatokyo.com/strip/1183

Yuki might not understand the nuances of a complicated situation and she screws up on a regular basis, but it’s an established fact that as a magical girl, she can accurately identify other people’s emotions. Here are some instances where she does so regarding Piro and Miho:

https://megatokyo.com/strip/1217
https://megatokyo.com/strip/1243
https://megatokyo.com/strip/1253

There are more, but I’m lazy and on mobile; typing out two walls of text in one evening has taken way, WAY too long already. Hopefully I got my point across anyway?

(Regarding Yuki’s obtuseness about Chewtoy’s feelings, there’s this thing called “being in utter denial.” She does eventually accept it here: https://megatokyo.com/strip/1417)

Moving on, there’s a crapload of evidence that Piro and Miho still love each other, particularly throughout Chapter 11. They have baggage and they argue like prickly teenagers, but look at their body language and the way they communicate with each other when they’re not bickering. Their facial expressions convey so much more than words.

Piro never uses honorifics when he speaks to Miho, and after they sneak away from Megagamers, he never calls her anything but her first name. He’s comfortable looking at her and touching her (like fixing her hair in the bathhouse) without even thinking about it. He didn’t lose his mind when she stripped in front of him because he was looking at her, not her body, so he only saw how uncomfortable she was. However, his initial panic at her striptease and his blush when he checked her out later indicates that he also finds her physically attractive.

Another point to consider: throughout the entire comic, Piro has his guard up around everyone he interacts with...except for Miho. Even when she was still in goth girl mode and he was still pissed that she was around at all, he was more open and direct with her than anyone else except Largo. He never completely lost his temper at anyone but her, with one exception: https://megatokyo.com/strip/1396

Piro likes Kimiko and finds her attractive, but they hardly know each other. There are walls between them and they’re both aware of that (although Kimiko currently seems to be attempting to bulldoze those walls with sexytimes). If Miho had never existed, they might eventually have connected on a deeper level and enjoyed a happy ending. As things stand, however, the next comic is going to be...interesting.

Please draw quickly, Fred! I’m on tenterhooks here!

Crap. As I read all of this over before posting it, I realized that I didn’t analyze the Piro/Miho relationship from Miho’s perspective at all. I do believe Miho loves Piro, but I don’t have the time or brainpower right now to lay out my argument on that front.

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:18 pm

So, Kimiko is a kid again and Piro is in an awkward situation. That's about par for the course. :D
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:56 pm

cidjen wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:27 pm
Also, offers Miho 'something less traditional' to wear. Old ladies would be maybe more attached to their tradition?
Just because she is a grandma doesn't mean she is 'an old lady'. I know many grandmas that are not old ladies. Calling a grandma an old lady seems like a fast way to lose some parts.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

Sackett

Post by Sackett » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:00 pm

Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:25 pm
All this within less than 24 hours. Maybe less than 12.
Definitely fewer than 12 hours since Miho woke up from surgery, by my rough calculations. A LOT of things happen simultaneously. If we look at it primarily from Piro’s point of view:

Oh yes, I totally agree, but I was counting from when Miho came downstairs with Piro at work and invited him on a trip down the rabbit hole.

I think that is probably about 24 hours, but it could possibly be as little as 12 (if Miho came downstairs in the evening instead of the morning or afternoon).

Ningen

Post by Ningen » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:20 pm

MoneyMan wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:28 pm
And swings, dude, swings!!

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:28 pm

Time to stop going with the flow, Piro. You may want it to be right, but it looks like Kimiko wants it to be easy.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:06 am

jkhartl wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Just because she is a grandma doesn't mean she is 'an old lady'. I know many grandmas that are not old ladies. Calling a grandma an old lady seems like a fast way to lose some parts.
Especially if someone called /her/ that, but she actually talks about herself like that. So either a mature one with sense of humour and sarcastic to the point of self-depreciation, or a young adult who knows enough history to carry the torch, but still sometimes falling into teenage traps of mind.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:21 am

Sackett wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:00 pm

Oh yes, I totally agree, but I was counting from when Miho came downstairs with Piro at work and invited him on a trip down the rabbit hole.

I think that is probably about 24 hours, but it could possibly be as little as 12 (if Miho came downstairs in the evening instead of the morning or afternoon).
I just had this insane scenario flash before my eyes...

What if, what Yuki did, was to bury Miho where she fell (in school yard) .In That coloured surrounded by wood picture from long time ago, looks like she wore something a lot like what Yuki wore at the CoE... After all Yuki is good at science. She did clothing swap.... She buried Miho's 'bad ending'... And the 'real story's went to Megagamers by it's own, battered and bruised no less... But undetectable to Horde, because they don't know it. Notice how we don't see much of the 'evil aura' any more? Or the 'ad personas' - she could have totally used it to convince the ninja grrl, to kill her again... But it wasn't there...
Yeah...
Insanely impossible...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:23 am

That is quite... dungeony. Real Temple of Doom vibe.
I do not think Kimi wants more clothes now... very much the opposite, GO YOU!
However... you need to GTFO if she puts a hand over your chest and starts yelling "Kali mah, Kali mah shokti dai!"
Either way.
Piro is more lucky right now than he deserves.

Initial B

Post by Initial B » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:02 am

Liminaut wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:09 am
Regardless of long-term emotions, there are 20-something hormones to consider. They should be running like freight train about now, and in particular running over anything like logical thought.
<snip>
Like I said, I really doubt if Fred is taking the story this way, but Piro is acting like an asexual man who hasn't come to terms with it. His culture tells him he should at least aspire to being a raging sex beast, but that's not him. He might not really have the language to describe who he is.
When I was a twenty-something, I never let my emotions run over logic. Yes, I probably repressed a lot but I had my own code to follow. I'm pretty sure Piro does here as well and I think he will hold himself in check because that's just in his nature.

Kimiko, on the other hand, seems to be intent on having some fun. However, I think she might be looking at more of a playful kind of fun than sexual. I wonder if she's forgotten she's not wearing pants. Her actions remind me of those times when you were a kid and would make up scenarios with your friends and act them out on the playground or in the park.

One thing I'm noticing is that Seraphim hasn't been on Piro's shoulder lately. Is that indicative of her trusting that he'll make the right decisions, or that he's internalized/stabilized his own moral code?