Welcome to the new MegaTokyo Forums! The old forums are available (in read-only mode) at http://archive.forums.megatokyo.com.

Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v5.2

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

darrin

Re: Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v5.2

Post by darrin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:18 am

Ha, that was clever cidjen, "You win this round" as the cartoon villains say. :lol: :lol:

I almost didn't post that, because on the one hand I was afraid of being perceived as mean (even though, y'know, I'm posting a joke :(), and on the other hand I've been beating this Schroedinger's horse for a dozen strips now and it'll likely be months before we get any kind of in-comic observation whether it's alive or dead.

But the more I thought about it the more I started to believe this was the perfect joke for expressing that "multiple perceptions" spirit of MegaTokyo. If you think the mathematician is making an important point (not necessarily about sheep ;)), then that's why the joke is funny for you (and if you find the mental image of a bunch of sheep that are black on one side and some other color on the other hilarious, then that's a bonus). On the other hand, if you think the mathematician is just being a pretentious asshole, then the joke is still funny, just for a different reason.

And if like me you think the Dirk Gently books are Douglas Adams's best work (despite the greater praise the Hitchhiker ones generally receive), and try to embrace the quantum in all things, then you're quite justified in finding it funny both ways at once.

If anyone did perceive any kind of mockery in the joke, please believe any such mockery was essentially self-directed, and please also consider this my promise via attempted humor that I won't bring up the subject again, at least until the next comic that actually has Ashe vs Evil Old Man in it. ;)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cidjen
Location: Love and Lies, Clannad, Air, Kanon, Mousou Telepathy, Love Hina, UQ Holder, Bleach, Negima, Naruto,

Post by cidjen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:05 pm

The joke is not lost on me ;)

Humor is always welcome :)

You wouldn't believe, what colour of sheep I see around where I live (deep orange in the winter, specked with all kinds of green, blue, pink to identify the owner etc !) :)
Translation to polish
(Scanlations have now been deleted)

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Jerry Garcia got reincarnated as a shepherd? :lol: