Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v5.2

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

darrin

Re: Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v5.2

Post by darrin » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:18 am

Ha, that was clever cidjen, "You win this round" as the cartoon villains say. :lol: :lol:

I almost didn't post that, because on the one hand I was afraid of being perceived as mean (even though, y'know, I'm posting a joke :(), and on the other hand I've been beating this Schroedinger's horse for a dozen strips now and it'll likely be months before we get any kind of in-comic observation whether it's alive or dead.

But the more I thought about it the more I started to believe this was the perfect joke for expressing that "multiple perceptions" spirit of MegaTokyo. If you think the mathematician is making an important point (not necessarily about sheep ;)), then that's why the joke is funny for you (and if you find the mental image of a bunch of sheep that are black on one side and some other color on the other hilarious, then that's a bonus). On the other hand, if you think the mathematician is just being a pretentious asshole, then the joke is still funny, just for a different reason.

And if like me you think the Dirk Gently books are Douglas Adams's best work (despite the greater praise the Hitchhiker ones generally receive), and try to embrace the quantum in all things, then you're quite justified in finding it funny both ways at once.

If anyone did perceive any kind of mockery in the joke, please believe any such mockery was essentially self-directed, and please also consider this my promise via attempted humor that I won't bring up the subject again, at least until the next comic that actually has Ashe vs Evil Old Man in it. ;)
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:05 pm

The joke is not lost on me ;)

Humor is always welcome :)

You wouldn't believe, what colour of sheep I see around where I live (deep orange in the winter, specked with all kinds of green, blue, pink to identify the owner etc !) :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:28 pm

Jerry Garcia got reincarnated as a shepherd? :lol:

cidjen

Re: Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v5.1547

Post by cidjen » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Duh, thanks to the spammers I can not edit the 'head' version of this post... from now on, new versions appear at the 'tails'...
also, the minor revision number will from now on be the number of the comic we've ended the summary on.

v5.1547: he's actually a researcher of the SEVS program, who'd have thought? Also rearranged the story arcs. Also, should I make the changelog just list changes from previous version like this?
changelog archiveShow
v5.25: let's call him 'uncle' thx darrin :d
v5.2 : got a few ideas, thanks to darrin and Invisigoth.
v5.1 : inline edit: Miho actually frees herself from restraints first, the Horde and Stability arrive after that (spiritual credit : Invisigoth)
v5.0 : updated to proceedings (1541), rearranged the timeline
v4.9 : update to recent events (1537), clarified the last paragraph (re. Yuki being a magical grrl)
v4.8 : update of recent events (1529) and shortened the TMI.
v4.7 : update of recent events (to state as of [1524])
v4.6 : updated resume where appropriate.
v4.5 : again deleting some more TMI moments, actual descriptive sentences of key story moments look like would be FTW.
v4.1 : affecting just 1 paragraph, shortened the TMI on what happens at Junko's. Not justified to make entirely new version.
v4 : more condensing and rearranging.
v3.1: shortening the TMI.
v3: more rewording & rearranging, condensation (but not only, the grrl at the ninja compound may actually not be Junpei's sister, right ?)
Chapter 12 : Broken

Miho wakes up after a heart surgery and panics out, wreaking havoc in the hospital when restrained. Junpei tries to help her, but she beats him up. Miho's and Junpei's fight attracts attention of both Horde and Stability forces. Kimiko convinces Miho to let herself be helped.

Kimiko dresses up as Miho and performs a death scene to distract the Horde. While Junpei carries Miho away, Piro, Largo and Erika witness Kimiko's performance. Erika calls upon help of her own fans.

Largo, Erika and her fans clear out the path for Piro to carry Kimiko away. Junpei helps Megumi break through through the Stability cordon. Piro and Kimiko are hidden away by Megumi in a love hotel (The Foxhole).

Meimi and Cha-san accidentally 'restore' Zom-zom to human form.

Yutaka asks Yuki to find and help Yutaka's mum, who was injured during the battle in the hospital. Yuki is found out by Yutaka's mum, a former magical girl / nurse Ririka, to also be a magical girl.

Junpei hides Miho in, and later jumps in with Yakugashi, to his room at the ninja compound.
After that Junpei comes in to the compound again, to rescue Miho and Yakugashi after an altercation with the inhabitants.

Miho and Yakugashi escape as Junpei confronts his family. Miho falls unconscious from exhaustion and a missed landing. During the near-death experience, Miho meets the spirit/consciousness of Moeko. Yakugashi helps Miho and they both go back to Tokyo by train.

At Junko's, Ping undergoes another 'character change', interferes with Junko's messages and sets off to meet Junko's acquaintance/SEVS researcher in her stead, leading Ping to The Foxhole, to encounter with Megumi and her Grandma.

To Be Continued, as more comics arrive :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:51 pm

I would add "mistakenly believing it to be an enjo kōsai date" before the last comma.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Let's first see what happens when Junko meets him.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:33 am

OK the "mistakenly" is not quite 100% established yet, but the rest is needed to make sense of the Foxhole interlude.

cidjen

Re: Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v6.1551

Post by cidjen » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:02 am

cidjen wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:31 pm
Duh, thanks to the spammers I can not edit the 'head' version of this post... from now on, new versions appear at the 'tails'...
also, the minor revision number will from now on be the number of the comic we've ended the summary on.

v6.1551: Junko encounters Ashe too. Also a 'ninja' edit. Also rearrangement of sentences. Looks like it deserves now to be bumped to v6.
changelog archiveShow
v5.1547: he's actually a researcher of the SEVS program, who'd have thought? Also rearranged the story arcs. Also, should I make the changelog just list changes from previous version like this?
v5.1 : inline edit: Miho actually frees herself from restraints first, the Horde and Stability arrive after that (spiritual credit : Invisigoth)
v4.9 : update to recent events (1537), clarified the last paragraph (re. Yuki being a magical grrl)
v4.5 : again deleting some more TMI moments, actual descriptive sentences of key story moments look like would be FTW.
v4.1 : affecting just 1 paragraph, shortened the TMI on what happens at Junko's. Not justified to make entirely new version.
v3: more rewording & rearranging, condensation (but not only, the grrl at the ninja compound may actually not be Junpei's sister, right ?)

Miho wakes up after a heart surgery and panics out, wreaking havoc in the hospital when restrained. Junpei tries to help her, but she beats him up. Miho's and Junpei's fight attracts attention of both Horde and Stability forces. Kimiko convinces Miho to let herself be helped.

Kimiko dresses up as Miho and performs a death scene to distract the Horde, while Junpei carries Miho away.
Piro, Largo and Erika witness Kimiko's performance.
Erika calls upon help of her own fans, who help her and Largo clear out the path for Piro, to carry Kimiko away.

Megumi takes Piro and Kimiko in Mugi's car, while Junpei helps Megumi break through through the Stability cordon.
Megumi hides Piro and Kimiko in a love hotel (The Foxhole).

At Junko's, Ping undergoes another 'character change', interferes with Junko's messages and sets off to meet Junko's acquaintance/SEVS researcher in her stead, leading Ping to The Foxhole, to encounter with Megumi, her Grandma and Ashe.

Yuki finds Yutaka's mum, who was injured during the battle in the hospital.
Yuki is then found out by Yutaka's mum, a former magical girl / nurse Ririka, to also be a magical girl.

Yakugashi jumps with Junpei to meet Miho, and is found out by Junpei's ninja grandma to be a 'useful party' in an old ninja contract. Miho and the ninja fight.

Miho and Yakugashi escape, as Junpei confronts his family. During the near-death experience from a missed landing and exhaustion from the fight, Miho meets the spirit/consciousness of Moeko. Yakugashi helps Miho out, and they both go back to Tokyo by train.

Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Re: Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v6.1551

Post by cidjen » Wed May 29, 2019 5:31 pm

v6.1556: guess what, I forgot to actually add the Junko encounter to the Foxhole. Also Erika goes to meet Moeko.
changelog archiveShow
v6.1551: Junko encounters Ashe too. Also a 'ninja' edit. Also rearrangement of sentences. Looks like it deserves now to be bumped to v6.

Kimiko dresses up as Miho and performs a death scene to distract the Horde, while Junpei carries Miho away.
Piro, Largo and Erika witness Kimiko's performance.
Erika calls upon help of her own fans, who help her and Largo clear out the path for Piro, to carry Kimiko away.

Megumi takes Piro and Kimiko in Mugi's car, while Junpei helps Megumi break through through the Stability cordon.

At Junko's, Ping undergoes another 'character change', interferes with Junko's messages and sets off to meet Junko's acquaintance/SEVS researcher in her stead, leading Ping, and later also Junko, to The Foxhole, to encounter with Megumi, her Grandma and Ashe.

Yuki is then found out by Yutaka's mum, a former magical girl / nurse Ririka, to also be a magical girl. After ensuring Ririka's safety, Erika and Largo head to visit Moeko.

Yakugashi jumps with Junpei to meet Miho, and is found out by Junpei's ninja grandma to be a 'useful party' in an old ninja contract. Miho and the ninja fight.

Miho and Yakugashi escape, as Junpei confronts his family. During the near-death experience from a missed landing and exhaustion from the fight, Miho meets the spirit/consciousness of Moeko. Yakugashi helps Miho out, and they both go back to Tokyo by train.

Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Re: Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v6.1559

Post by cidjen » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:00 am

v6.1559: is the Moeko encounter a trap?
changelog archiveShow
v6.1556: guess what, I forgot to actually add the Junko encounter to the Foxhole. Also Erika goes to meet Moeko.

Erika calls upon help of her own fans, who help her and Largo clear out the path for Piro, to carry Kimiko's 'body' away.

At Junko's, Ping undergoes another 'character change', interferes with Junko's messages and sets off to meet Junko's acquaintance/SEVS researcher in her stead, leading Ping, and later also Junko, to The Foxhole, to encounter with Megumi, her Grandma and Ashe.

Yuki is then found out by Yutaka's mum, a former magical girl / nurse Ririka, to also be a magical girl. After ensuring Ririka's safety, Erika and Largo head to visit Moeko.

Moeko manifests herself in Erika's reality, while Largo is unable to see past her comatose appearance.

Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Re: Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v6.1562

Post by cidjen » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:42 am

v6.1562 : not a trap, but a mission. Also removed the mention of the Zom-zomeko Restoration, since I'm not sure where is that supposed to shoot. (as in, Chekhov's cannon)
changelog archiveShow

Erika calls upon help of her own fans, who help her and Largo clear out the path for Piro, to carry Kimiko's 'body' away.

Yuki is then found out by Yutaka's mum, a former magical girl / nurse Ririka, to also be a magical girl. After ensuring Ririka's safety, Erika and Largo head to visit Moeko. Moeko asks Erika to help/save Miho.

Yakugashi jumps with Junpei to meet Miho, and is found out by Junpei's ninja grandma to be a 'useful party' in an old ninja contract. Miho and the ninja fight, only for Miho and Yakugashi to escape, as Junpei confronts his family. During the near-death experience from a missed landing and exhaustion from the fight, Miho meets the spirit/consciousness of Moeko. Yakugashi helps Miho out, and they both go back to Tokyo by train.

Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Re: Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v7.1562

Post by cidjen » Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:32 pm

v7.1562 : with a rework here and a cut-cut there
changelog archiveShow
v6.1562 : not a trap, but a mission. Also removed the mention of the Zom-zomeko Restoration, since I'm not sure where is that supposed to shoot. (as in, Chekhov's cannon)

Miho wakes up after a heart surgery and violently panics out. Miho's and Junpei's fight, which attracts attention of both forces pursuing Miho. Kimiko convinces Miho to let herself be helped.

Kimiko acts as Miho's substitute to distract the Horde, while Junpei carries Miho away to his family compound.
Erika calls upon help of her own fans, who help her and Largo clear out the path for Piro and Kimiko.

Megumi breaks Piro and Kimiko through the Stability cordon in Mugi's car, with Junpei's help, then hides Piro and Kimiko in a love hotel (The Foxhole).

Miho encounters Junpei's family, then Yakugashi, who asked Junpei to be brought to her, is abducted. Miho fights the ninja until Junpei rejoins, then escapes the compound with Yakugashi.

After a night at Junko's, Ping sets off to meet Junko's acquaintance researcher in her stead, leading Ping, and later also Junko, to The Foxhole, to encounter with Megumi, her Grandma and Ashe.

Yuki's power is then found out by the former magical girl / nurse Ririka. After ensuring Ririka's safety, Erika and Largo head to visit Moeko. Moeko asks Erika to help/save Miho.

Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Re: Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v7.1562

Post by cidjen » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:20 pm

v7.1566 : back to the hospital, Erika recognised Miho
changelog archiveShow

Miho wakes up after a heart surgery and violently panics out. Miho's and Junpei's fight, which attracts attention of both forces pursuing Miho. Kimiko convinces Miho to let herself be helped.

Kimiko acts as Miho's substitute to distract the Horde, while Junpei carries Miho away to his family compound.
Erika calls upon help of her own fans, who help her and Largo clear out the path for Piro and Kimiko.

Megumi breaks Piro and Kimiko through the Stability cordon in Mugi's car, with Junpei's help, then hides Piro and Kimiko in a love hotel (The Foxhole).

Miho encounters Junpei's family, then Yakugashi, who asked Junpei to be brought to her, is abducted. Miho fights the ninja until Junpei rejoins, then escapes the compound with Yakugashi.

After a night at Junko's, Ping sets off to meet Junko's acquaintance researcher in her stead, leading Ping, and later also Junko, to The Foxhole, to encounter with Megumi, her Grandma and Ashe.

Yuki's power is then found out by the former magical girl / nurse Ririka. After ensuring Ririka's safety, Erika and Largo head to visit Moeko.

Leaving the hospital, Erika and Largo cross paths with Miho and Yakugashi, who came back to the hospital to see Komugiko.

Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:35 pm

v7.1577 : catching up from 1566. Too many apostrophe's. Like. ever. Oh no, I cut too much, I haven't saved enough?
changelog archiveShow

Miho wakes up after a heart surgery and violently panics out. Miho and Junpei fight, which attracts attention of both the forces pursuing Miho. Kimiko convinces Miho to let herself be helped, and acts as Miho's substitute to distract the Horde.

Kimiko then leaves with Piro, while Junpei carries Miho away to his family compound.

Miho encounters Junpei's family, then Yakugashi, who asked Junpei to be brought to her, is abducted. Miho fights the ninja until Junpei rejoins, then escapes the compound with Yakugashi. They make their way back to the hospital.

Yuki finds Yutaka's mum, who was injured during the battle in the hospital. After ensuring Ririka's safety, Erika and Largo head to visit Moeko.

Leaving the hospital, Erika and Largo cross paths with Miho and Yakugashi.

After a night at Junko's, Ping sets off to meet Junko's acquaintance researcher in her stead, leading Ping, and later also Junko, to The Foxhole, to encounter with Megumi, her Grandma and Ashe. After clearing some misunderstandings, Ashe and Megumi go to a bar. Megumi finds a potentially interested stranger there.

Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Re: Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v7.1583

Post by cidjen » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:18 pm

v7.1583 : catching up to the end of the chapter.
changelog archiveShow
v7.1577 : catching up from 1566. Too many apostrophe's. Like. ever. Oh no, I cut too much, I haven't saved enough?

Miho wakes up after a heart surgery and violently panics out. Miho and Junpei fight, which attracts attention of both the forces pursuing Miho. Kimiko convinces Miho to let herself be helped, and acts as Miho's substitute to distract the Horde.

Kimiko then leaves with Piro, while Junpei carries Miho away to his family compound.

Miho encounters Junpei's family, then Yakugashi, who asked Junpei to be brought to her, is abducted. Miho fights the ninja until Junpei rejoins, then escapes the compound with Yakugashi. They make their way back to the hospital.

Yuki finds Yutaka's mum, who was injured during the battle in the hospital. After ensuring Ririka's safety, Erika and Largo head to visit Moeko.

Leaving the hospital, Erika and Largo cross paths with Miho and Yakugashi; Erika tries to convince Miho to let herself be helped.

After a night at Junko's, Ping sets off to meet Junko's acquaintance researcher in her stead, leading Ping, and later also Junko, to The Foxhole, to encounter with Megumi, her Grandma and Ashe. After clearing some misunderstandings, Ashe and Megumi go to a bar. Megumi finds a potentially interested stranger there, but it doesn't work out.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Ningen 2

Re: Fan-made summary - Story - Chapter 12 : Broken [stub] v5.1

Post by Ningen 2 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:50 pm

darrin wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:47 pm
An engineer, a physicist, and a mathematician are in a train traveling across the Scottish countryside. The mathematician is reading the morning paper, the physicist is scribbling something on the back of an envelope, and the engineer, with occasional bored glances at the other two, is staring out the window.

Suddenly the engineer brightens and points out the window. "Hey, a sheep! Well, what do you know, Scottish sheep are black."

Without looking up from the envelope, the physicist intones, "'Some Scottish sheep are black,' I believe you mean."

Glaring at the other two, the mathematician states, "At least one Scottish sheep is black on at least one side," snaps the paper testily, and continues reading.

8-)
I think I first came across this in Heinlein's explanation of what a fair witness is in "Stranger in a Strange Land".
Does it go back further?