[1590] beautiful

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1590] beautiful

Post by paarfi » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:17 am

Fred has posted the new comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere probably tomorrow.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: [1590] beautiful

Post by paarfi » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:26 am

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!

I think this confirms that Megumi as foxgirl is a surprise to everybody, including Megumi herself. I'll be curious to see where this goes. Certainly a life-changer for Megumi. But also, nine-tails being so powerful, what does this do for relations in the Sawatari clan, and might this put Megumi in the sights of Stability.

Also, I think we're seeing what Erika means by Kimi-zilla [887]. Kimiko has no brakes once she gets going [610].

And yet another instance of "you can interpret it different ways" with Piro's reaction. Is he surprised at seeing Megumi the foxgirl? Or is he just surprised to see a grumpy morning Megumi? It's really remarkable that Fred has managed to keep this kind of ambiguity going for over 20 years.

Fujii Yakumo
Location: Pikesville, People's Democratic Republic of Maryland

Post by Fujii Yakumo » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:45 am

Yay! Comic! (Sorry, Paarfi -- I stole your line again.)

I especially like Ashe's reaction. She may have known Megumi had the potential to be a kitsune, but *nine* tails?
Said Phoebe Snow
About to go
Upon a trip to Buffalo:
"My gown stays white
From morn 'til night
Upon the Road of Anthracite".

Advertising slogan from the Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western Railroad
1853-1960
Requiescat in pace.

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:02 am

OH MY GOD! Leave it to Kimiko to cut straight to the chase and dive into that pile of tails! She looks to be getting mighty familiar with those derrière accouterments. Poor Megumi. She suddenly realizes what is happening and is being groped by her best friend all at the same time! Just a quick addendum here: Megumi not knowing at all about her, ummm, condition, continues to fit Invisigoth's theory. I suspect that the other shoe might drop soon and Great Granny will have some explaining to do.

Voyager

Post by Voyager » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:48 am

Yes, no brakes, no brakes at all...

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:54 am

Eraden wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:02 am
OH MY GOD! Leave it to Kimiko to cut straight to the chase and dive into that pile of tails! She looks to be getting mighty familiar with those derrière accouterments. Poor Megumi. She suddenly realizes what is happening and is being groped by her best friend all at the same time! Just a quick addendum here: Megumi not knowing at all about her, ummm, condition, continues to fit Invisigoth's theory. I suspect that the other shoe might drop soon and Great Granny will have some explaining to do.
Oh yeah this is definitely a game changer. How much do you want to bet that Great Granny knew all along and cast some sort of spell to hide her ears and tails but Megumi somehow unknowingly broke it. That OH SHIT!! Look on Ashe's face is priceless. Once TCPD finds out things may get a bit crazy.
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:01 pm

The way to deal with a new nine tail fox appearing is quite simple. Send her a nice gift basket, have the mayor and other authorities sign a pretty card. Ask if there's anything at all that she would like and that they can do to make her stay in the city more enjoyable.

Also, build and shrine and make LOTS of offerings and encourage everyone in the city to visit regularly.

Prepare evacuation routes....

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:08 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:01 pm
The way to deal with a new nine tail fox appearing is quite simple. Send her a nice gift basket, have the mayor and other authorities sign a pretty card. Ask if there's anything at all that she would like and that they can do to make her stay in the city more enjoyable.

Also, build and shrine and make LOTS of offerings and encourage everyone in the city to visit regularly.

Seal her into the abdomen of a conveniently located ninja child. :ninja:

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:24 pm

paarfi wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:08 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:01 pm

Really hoping Fred doesn't go there

zircher

Post by zircher » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:33 pm

Woot! Well, that confirms my theory that Megumi 'levelled up' and did not know that she was showing a little extra tail.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:57 pm

Kimi-zilla confirmed. Her smile in P5 reminds me disturbingly of Asako's. And even with a best friend, diving into and hugging body parts with that enthusiasm is a little disturbing.

Megumi's look is shock until she spots Ashe. The looks those two are trading are serious 'Oh shit' looks. They know what's going on, and they're not happy. Poor Megumi is about to be surrounded by family members, all anxious to offer advice. Or give orders. Good luck with that.

The really interesting question is, what is the voice in Ashe's head going to make of this? And if he gets it right, how is the TPCD going to react to actually having to deal with a fresh nine-tail?

zircher

Post by zircher » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:14 pm

There's also this little tangent, some are going to ask who did she kill to get those tails?
https://megatokyo.com/strip/1490

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:55 pm

Roamer wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:57 pm
The really interesting question is, what is the voice in Ashe's head going to make of this?
Those voices are in Chokky's head. Ashe is just her roommate.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:56 pm

paarfi wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:55 pm
Roamer wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:57 pm
The really interesting question is, what is the voice in Ashe's head going to make of this?
Those voices are in Chokky's head. Ashe is just her roommate.
Argh. I need more sleep.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:07 pm

@Fred: thank you for the page :) worth the wait.
paarfi wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:08 pm

Last time I read that, Kurama was not female ;)

/s tho,

I think, Kimi doesn't realise what the high number of tails means, Piro, being a manga/anime fan sort of does, and Ashe looks like she's going to be the one needing clothes...

Or Kimi actually does know but has no fear because she's (or she subconsciously knows that she is) more powerful than Gumi?

On a side note, did Largo meet Megumi, like, ever, in similar capacity as to sense her powers as he did with Kimi? I don't think so... I suppose when they all meet somewhere on the way to hospital his L33t senses will go batshit crazy....

Also with the foreshadowing of Yuki and Zomzom and mentioning Kimi-zilla going on, is Kimi actually... A Zilla girl that got sealed? A multi-tail overpowered relative of Zom-zom?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:50 pm

I'm pretty sure that Kimiko is not a seal 'zilla as she's not got that Dragon Maid tail. I don't think that Largo has met Megumi yet though I am too lazy to look it up right now but I seriously doubt that he could sense anything that the other characters didn't see.

Megu would currently be the most powerful entity in the MegaTokyo universe by at least an order of magnitude at this time. I suspect that will not be changing

louisxiv

Post by louisxiv » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:56 pm

So… Kimiko has dicarded her towel and is now performing the Dance of the Nine Tails to preserve her modesty?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:19 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:50 pm
I'm pretty sure that Kimiko is not a seal 'zilla as she's not got that Dragon Maid tail. I don't think that Largo has met Megumi yet though I am too lazy to look it up right now but I seriously doubt that he could sense anything that the other characters didn't see.

Megu would currently be the most powerful entity in the MegaTokyo universe by at least an order of magnitude at this time. I suspect that will not be changing
Remember in the Applegeeks crossover (it was around the time of the Train Crash) something stopped the Zilla from stepping on the Anna Miller's? Coincidence? I think not ;) With both Kimi and Gumi there, there could not be :)

Also Kimi could be having her multidimensional tails hidden same style as the Kitsune do it: the more tails one has, the more magical they are. She might just be, the Ten Tails...? After all those were all different animals...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:23 pm

I do think we can confirm that Kimiko knows something about the Sawatari clan...

.....and Piro would have never thought that such things would actually exist.

A clash of the worlds, once again.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:54 pm

cidjen wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:19 pm
Invisigoth wrote:

Remember in the Applegeeks crossover (it was around the time of the Train Crash) something stopped the Zilla from stepping on the Anna Miller's? Coincidence? I think not ;) With both Kimi and Gumi there, there could not be :)

Also Kimi could be having her multidimensional tails hidden same style as the Kitsune do it: the more tails one has, the more magical they are. She might just be, the Ten Tails...? After all those were all different animals...
I feel confident is saying that Kimiko is not in any way magical aside from the connection she has to Miho. Kimiko is actually a very sad case in that the only personality she has is the character that she's being. In this case she's being Miho and has a wild night with Piro.

Kimiko is rather like a meat puppet version of Ping which doesn't actually bear thinking about too hard.

As for the 'zilla not stepping on Anna Miller's...well you said it. Megumi was in there

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:37 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:54 pm
cidjen wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:19 pm
Invisigoth wrote:

I feel confident is saying that Kimiko is not in any way magical aside from the connection she has to Miho. Kimiko is actually a very sad case in that the only personality she has is the character that she's being. In this case she's being Miho and has a wild night with Piro.

Kimiko is rather like a meat puppet version of Ping which doesn't actually bear thinking about too hard.

As for the 'zilla not stepping on Anna Miller's...well you said it. Megumi was in there
Well, Kimi doesn't seem to be channeling Miho right now...too much enthusiasm...so maybe Kimi-zilla is her actual personality? Which makes her a grown up version of Asako. Yikes.

And agreed, the Zilla incident is confirmation that Megu's luck does help prevent physical harm to her, at least. That will come in handy.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:25 pm

There are far worse things than a grown up version of Asako..... 8-)

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:24 am

Cool page, thanks Fred. =)
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:35 am

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:25 pm
There are far worse things than a grown up version of Asako..... 8-)
Do not lewd the middle-schoolers? Although in the non-lewd sense which I am sure you meant, this is questionable - Asako grown up would have gone through an Uzaki-chan phase and now be that friend who is only bearable on beer nights or in very small doses.
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

Dengar

Post by Dengar » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:01 am

So uhhhh I don't know if I just have a really short attention span, or the fact that this story has been going on for a very long time now, but... I don't even remember who this person even is.