[1590] beautiful

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

NinjaDefenestrator

Re: [1590] beautiful

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:14 am

Dengar wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:01 am
So uhhhh I don't know if I just have a really short attention span, or the fact that this story has been going on for a very long time now, but... I don't even remember who this person even is.
Which person? Kimiko is the naked one hugging the tails, Megumi is the owner of the tails, Piro is the blonde frozen guy, and Ashe is the one who dropped all the clothes.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:33 am

Dengar wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:01 am
So uhhhh I don't know if I just have a really short attention span, or the fact that this story has been going on for a very long time now, but... I don't even remember who this person even is.
I assume you mean the 9-tailed foxgirl in the doorway. That is Megumi Sawatari, the hairbow wearing friend of Kimiko who works at Anna Miller's: [356] [830] for example. We later learned that she is Mugi Sawatari's cousin [1440]. And then just recently, we (and now Megumi herself) have learned that she is (secretly or suddenly) a foxgirl as well [1583].
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Dengar

Post by Dengar » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:43 am

I see, I'm slowly connecting some of the dots now. Thank you. Sorry there are so many characters in this it's sometimes hard to keep up with who's who.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:49 am

Dengar wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:43 am
I see, I'm slowly connecting some of the dots now. Thank you. Sorry there are so many characters in this it's sometimes hard to keep up with who's who.
No problem. It's also a comic that's been going for over 20yrs, so it not hard to lose track sometimes. Feel free to ask here; we're glad to help.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:57 am

Guys a thought hit me just now...

What if Gumi wasn't a foxgirl, until she met and started cuddling with the guy last night...? What if it was his doing…? Like, spread and disappear?
What if it's enough to have some contact (and kissing was involved already) for the males to spread foxiness ? As in, by magic? And by sheer coincidence she's so compatible that she became a 9 tail...?

Just a thought.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Fujii Yakumo
Location: Pikesville, People's Democratic Republic of Maryland

Post by Fujii Yakumo » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:24 am

She's manifested as a kitsune before, though not fully -- see comic 1551 where Ashe and Junko have a wrestling match in the lobby of the Foxhole.
Said Phoebe Snow
About to go
Upon a trip to Buffalo:
"My gown stays white
From morn 'til night
Upon the Road of Anthracite".

Advertising slogan from the Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western Railroad
1853-1960
Requiescat in pace.

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:57 am

"Nekid Kimiko is rubbing her face all up in Megumi's tail."
Is not a phrase I imagined ever using in the forum.
A belated happy new year indeed!

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:04 am

Fred is a staunch advocate of Chekov's Gun. Any long term background character is very likely to play a pivotal role in the storyline

Also, Megu's tails feel amazing against your bare skin....

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:40 am

I think an interesting question is whether anybody else already knew Megumi was a foxgirl. If she wasn't instictively hiding the tails as a newborn right out of teh womb, somebody would know, in which case great-grandma 8-tails would know. A nine-tail has to be clan business. Or did great-grandma or the clan somehow cause her to hide them from infancy and that's only broken down now? You'd think they'd have reason to do that, with a nine-tail being something of a target.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:50 am

My hypothesis is that Piro is breaking stories right and left.

He's broken Miho's story and now Yaku and Erika are going to attempt to write her a new one.

Tangentially to Miho's story being broken we now have Moeko's story being broken with her handing off her wand to Erika
Kimiko was acting as a conduit between Miho and Piro which further facilitated the change in direction for Miho's story

Now Megu's glamor that concealed her true nature has dropped. What do we see her doing when this goes away? Well she wakes up and is immediately concerned about whether or not Piro and Kimi had sex.

BTW Piro and Kimi NOT having sex would screw up the flow quite badly IMHO

Willfon

Post by Willfon » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:19 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:04 am
Aaah, I don't know… I just watched the nine-tails in Lovecraft Country, so I'm sort of… on the fence about where this might go.

Poor Kimiko.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:28 pm

Willfon wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:19 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Aaah, I don't know… I just watched the nine-tails in Lovecraft Country, so I'm sort of… on the fence about where this might go.

Poor Kimiko.
Hehehe, that's not how that works in MT though

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:59 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:28 pm
Willfon wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:19 pm
Invisigoth wrote:

Poor Kimiko.
Hehehe, that's not how that works in MT though
I think with 20 years of comics we can safely say that there's been no sign that Fred is influenced by Lovecraft's work. No tentacles in the comic to speak of, and despite being at the right power level in different ways, none of the magical girls or kitsune show signs of being eldritch horrors or servitors.

(CUT to twitch livestream of Fred, busily drawing in details of an Eldritch Portal...)

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:25 pm

Roamer wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:59 pm
I think with 20 years of comics we can safely say that there's been no sign that Fred is influenced by Lovecraft's work. No tentacles in the comic to speak of, and despite being at the right power level in different ways, none of the magical girls or kitsune show signs of being eldritch horrors or servitors.
I think the only exception to that is Yufine's dad, seen in the background of this drawing.

Roborat

Post by Roborat » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:57 pm

And finally the big reveal, I assume the blue screen on Megumi's face at the end means she had no idea she was a foxgirl, much less a nine-tails. Impressive use of viewing angle and perspective in the main panel shot, that must have been a bitch to draw, and he nailed it. I love the expression on Kimiko's face, it reminds me of the Kitty! meme from El Goonish Shive.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:52 pm

Fujii Yakumo wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:24 am
She's manifested as a kitsune before, though not fully -- see comic 1551 where Ashe and Junko have a wrestling match in the lobby of the Foxhole.
That glimpse of a tail only appeared when Fred finished the drawing online and took it off to add dialogue :] I remember I was there... Fred did also add tails to Megumi in 1544 last panel, only for them to disappear in the finished page.
Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:50 am
[...]
How would you explain The Anna Miller Fan Invasion and Showdown and the subsequent Train Crash-out then, and subsequent make-up in this context? (Not salty, genuine curious pls elaborate :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Fujii Yakumo
Location: Pikesville, People's Democratic Republic of Maryland

Post by Fujii Yakumo » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:52 pm

cidjen wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:52 pm
Fujii Yakumo wrote:
That glimpse of a tail only appeared when Fred finished the drawing online and took it off to add dialogue :] I remember I was there... Fred did also add tails to Megumi in 1544 last panel, only for them to disappear in the finished page.

** scratches head**

In 1544, last panel, Megumi has what appear to be dog's or fox's ears laid back against her head in anger. So, Fred may have been dropping hints at that point.

In 1551, panel 7 (?), where Megumi is on all-fours next to Junko and Ashe, apologizing to Junko for how her cousins sometimes play rough, there are what appear to be tails behind the speech-bubble. Presumably, they're tails, and presumably they're attached to Megumi's derriere. :-) More hints from Fred.

And now we know for certain. :lol:
Said Phoebe Snow
About to go
Upon a trip to Buffalo:
"My gown stays white
From morn 'til night
Upon the Road of Anthracite".

Advertising slogan from the Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western Railroad
1853-1960
Requiescat in pace.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:55 pm

cidjen wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:52 pm
Fujii Yakumo wrote:
Invisigoth wrote:
[...]
How would you explain The Anna Miller Fan Invasion and Showdown and the subsequent Train Crash-out then, and subsequent make-up in this context? (Not salty, genuine curious pls elaborate :)
Piro is not consciously causing changes, you might say that he is the change

Xavon
Location: Minnesota, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Mortal Plane

Post by Xavon » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:16 pm

paarfi wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:08 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:01 pm
The way to deal with a new nine tail fox appearing is quite simple. Send her a nice gift basket, have the mayor and other authorities sign a pretty card. Ask if there's anything at all that she would like and that they can do to make her stay in the city more enjoyable.

Also, build and shrine and make LOTS of offerings and encourage everyone in the city to visit regularly.

Prepare evacuation routes....
Seal her into the abdomen of a conveniently located ninja child. :ninja:
Maybe she has a(n) (in)convenient ninja child sealed in her abdomen...

Or she might have had if last night had gone better.

NinjaDefenestrator

Post by NinjaDefenestrator » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:30 am

I swear to god if Megumi starts doing a Naruto run...

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:33 am

Invisigoth wrote:
[...]

Flow of what, exactly?
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:06 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:55 pm

Piro is not consciously causing changes, you might say that he is the change
Huh interesting. But probably makes sense, if Piro wasn't there, he wouldn't bring out the camera abuse to the daylight... Cameras that Kimi was aware of anyway. But then the train (or later) breakup would have happened anyway BC he didn't try to do anything ?

So if we treat this as a criteria for the character being player controlled, that they bring change to the script of the characters they live with, then apart from Piro, Largo /isn't/ really one? Or his player switches to Erika avatar halfway through (or during the store invasion). And of the other characters, there would be just maybe Yuki, Junko and Junpei. Just a thought.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:55 am

paarfi wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:40 am
I think an interesting question is whether anybody else already knew Megumi was a foxgirl. If she wasn't instictively hiding the tails as a newborn right out of teh womb, somebody would know, in which case great-grandma 8-tails would know. A nine-tail has to be clan business. Or did great-grandma or the clan somehow cause her to hide them from infancy and that's only broken down now? You'd think they'd have reason to do that, with a nine-tail being something of a target.
I think that Great Granny knew all along and cast some sort of a spell to conceal her ears and tails. She probably saw her as a threat to her power base but didn't want to kill her Great Granddaughter. Now that the spell has been broken all hell may break loose in the Satawari clan.
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:08 am

mistersaxon wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:33 am
Invisigoth wrote:
[...]

Flow of what, exactly?
My hypothesis is that Piro and Kimiko are now headed for a breakup. There's still the matter of Miho and Kimiko knows that she interjected herself into something. Personally I'll be shipping Piro x Megumi if he makes clean breaks with Kimiko and Miho. Harem is way too complicated for Piro

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:57 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:08 am

My hypothesis is that Piro and Kimiko are now headed for a breakup. There's still the matter of Miho and Kimiko knows that she interjected herself into something. Personally I'll be shipping Piro x Megumi if he makes clean breaks with Kimiko and Miho. Harem is way too complicated for Piro
So, like, 3rd time lucky huh? FIrst time - a long distance with Miho. Second - second base with Kimi ... Don't tell me Gumi will be satisfied being 3rd :P

(Besides Gumi has Junpei on her mind right now, so. Not so fast, tiger.)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish