Re: [1507] "Being Yourself"

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Ping's been jailbroken

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:05 pm

iffy wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:27 pm
But ignoring the tech-time shift. Forgetting the style itself or how it has changed. Compare like things, her around the 100s to others around the 100s. They've got plenty of emotive looks in 98 99 100 101. In 106 she looks like she's purposely drawn blank and emotionless and such. Almost like she's in sleep state or something.
=)

I know, I agree — I was just teasing.
I remember admiring the way Fred was already capturing emotions in his drawings back then — much like Yuki when she first saw Piro’s drawings. So you won’t catch me saying that Fred’s character drawings of the earlier MT years had blank expressions: I’m quite convinced Ping’s development throughout the story has been — to quote — even more layered.

Fred’s developing technique and experience is, I believe, only one of those layers.

=)
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

Hetz

Post by Hetz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:38 pm

It may not just be me but I think Ping looks kind of cute with the messy hair.

silent killer

Post by silent killer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:05 am

Just noticed that Ping's reflection is not flipped.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:37 am

Maybe Ping should just cut her hair, and work for the TCPD as Makoto 2.0...... :roll:

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:33 am

The comic transcripts and search ninjas on the MT site are all caught up now. It was a lot easier before Fred started cranking out the comics faster. Not that I'm complaining!

Fred is planning to start on the next comic today. You can watch him draw it live on Twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/fredrin
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

iffy

Post by iffy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:40 pm

BetaCygnus wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:05 pm
I know, I agree — I was just teasing. I remember admiring the way Fred was already capturing emotions in his drawings back then — much like Yuki when she first saw Piro’s drawings. So you won’t catch me saying that Fred’s character drawings of the earlier MT years had blank expressions: I’m quite convinced Ping’s development throughout the story has been — to quote — even more layered. Fred’s developing technique and experience is, I believe, only one of those layers.
The emotive impact of the story has an affect upon everyone ;)

McTrooper

Post by McTrooper » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:54 am

What if Ping's body is mirroring those fan boys that helped her search for Miho?

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 am

Several times Fred has casually mentioned that in the end Ping and Nanasawa Kimiko would be the "final bosses" of Megatokyo. With Kimiko apparently attempting to usurp Miho's CA role and Ping's T-X like morphing abilities we may well see that come about.

iffy

Post by iffy » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm

We can see it now. Young girl with magical powers thinks game playing fan boy and ancient goddess are an item, but in reality a waitress with some acting chops and a plot-absorbing robot become the ancient goddess, who can finally find the mortality she has been searching for, trolling MMORPGs looking for the proper catalysts. The waitress and robot meld into one, a grand fusion of human and cybernetics, tasked with keeping stability in Megatokyo alive. The goddess winks out of existence. The two Americans go back home and buy a gas station together, living a normal life. Perhaps until some day, one of their unplugged spare computers stored away powers on, the screen activating in the otherwise silent and dark emptiness....

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:30 pm

iffy wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm
We can see it now. Young girl with magical powers thinks game playing fan boy and ancient goddess are an item, but in reality a waitress with some acting chops and a plot-absorbing robot become the ancient goddess, who can finally find the mortality she has been searching for, trolling MMORPGs looking for the proper catalysts. The waitress and robot meld into one, a grand fusion of human and cybernetics, tasked with keeping stability in Megatokyo alive. The goddess winks out of existence. The two Americans go back home and buy a gas station together, living a normal life. Perhaps until some day, one of their unplugged spare computers stored away powers on, the screen activating in the otherwise silent and dark emptiness....
I was thinking along the lines of a tsunami myself

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:12 pm

iffy wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm
The two Americans go back home and buy a gas station together, living a normal life.
Gas station? Naaah, I'm thinking more of a weed/anime emporium...... 8-)

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 pm

Being a boss totally doesn't mean you have to be 'killed' to win... remember 'player one wins' ?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:29 pm

cidjen wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:27 pm
Being a boss totally doesn't mean you have to be 'killed' to win... remember 'player one wins' ?
Newp...they'll have to be killed....

Oh and while I'm thinking about it..Iffy.....Ping and Kimi merging???? Man WTF?? I thought I could get weird

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:27 am

Well there are others who could merge... Like the Idea, the Story and the Representation :)

Also Seraphim :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

iffy

Post by iffy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:36 pm

There might be no better way to have Piro not win and not lose. The primordial cyberfoil vanishes back into the historic mists from whence she arrived. The art team partner romance lady blends into the story-absorbing simulacrum machine. Which, that morphing Kimiko and Ping into one entity would be at the least interesting to watch. For science.

Of course, we did rather ignore what might have happened to Erika, or more particularly, to E&L. If Largo and Piro end up unceremoniously launched through the gapping errors (the notspace in 1350) back to the US on a free instantaneous one way ticket, perhaps Erika's insanity goes away too, or maybe nobody cares about them and forgets them without any actual functioning prime material plane Analogue around, or even Erika has to stay to help take care of the kimikpingo. Whichever way, somebody else's fanciful problem.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Hmm, I'm sure someone thought of this before (tm), but...

Kimiko plays / gives voice to Kotone.

Piro could already have the job drawing Kotone.

Kotone was the last stage of Mihos' real life.

Miho and Piro were lovers before.

Remember when Largo met Kimiko, he sensed 'a hidden threat' and potential for disaster ?

Also the more spiritual beings know more about Kimiko than she realises or lets know of herself (Meimi when Kimiko chased drunk Largo, Mugi when Kimiko met her in CoE).

Ofc it could even end as in my fanfic, though I doubt it...

But given the Kotone x Miho x Kimiko dynamic, what if thanks to Piro and Kimiko, Miho and Kotone, the story and the life, are reunited?
Would Miho really want it to happen? She can't stand Kotone already.
But here, Kimiko and Piro will be working to save Kotone's version of events.
All the while while Dom is funding it.
Is it for Dom to defeat Miho?
Kimiko has her own score to settle with Dom, and Piro actually ... What he could do to save Miho again? He could royally fsck up his drawing job... So that the sad story of Kotone's later life does not repeat itself, if no one likes that ending...

Ed may be gone, face elbowed, squished by Tetris block and bombed. But Dom may still come back.

(edit: now done editing)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Teddy-Werebear

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Or Miho is psychic vampire succubus from the 264th layer of the Abyss skinwalking as a goth girl.

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:16 pm

cidjen wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:53 pm
Ed may be gone, face elbowed, squished by Tetris block and bombed.
Oh, he's had worse.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:19 pm

Maybe, but he has not been 'Boo'ed before :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

kendermouse

Post by kendermouse » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:45 pm

McTrooper wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:54 am
What if Ping's body is mirroring those fan boys that helped her search for Miho?
I was just talking with the Eldest Bratling about the changes in Ping, and she was suggesting something similar. Said that since she's a dating sim mirror, maybe the exposure to so many of those fanboys at once, (who probably play a lot of dating sims themselves, and carry their computers/gaming equipment with them, and probably had a lot of dating sims running on said equipment,) might have scrambled the part of her programming that controls and changes her looks according to who is playing her, and what game is running; and that this was the result. Poor Ping. :/

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:23 pm

iffy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:36 pm
There might be no better way to have Piro not win and not lose. The primordial cyberfoil vanishes back into the historic mists from whence she arrived. The art team partner romance lady blends into the story-absorbing simulacrum machine. Which, that morphing Kimiko and Ping into one entity would be at the least interesting to watch. For science.
Hmmm. There are at least 2 or 3 dangers on the way... any of which can change the outcome or at least throw on an alternate path...
flashback from 1111, 1122 - depending on who Miho thinks is winning - Largo I think has just touched Erika's soft spot the wrong way (I don't trust y00r m1n10n5);
But Kimiko has not long ago learned about just how far Piro was into Miho, and though it looks right now like they are heading for t3h wi|\| (but somehow Piro was reluctant for a potential one-on-one), she still doesn't actually know about the little polygon bump... this one may take some drama to unravel...
we still don't know what Yaku has to say to Miho...
what story are they going to come up with to hide Miho ... or not ?
Also (Dom ? Sega?) is financing the Sight project... historically in real life it was when Sega almost went under. (I just looked it up on Wikipedia) It looks like it is in Miho's interest, that her old story dies by getting a bad 'bad ending' that no one likes. The Dom-age really did not do Sega any favors, looks like ;)
edit hahaha, just had an afterthought: maybe it's Kimiko who finally will make Dom go under - by having Sega shed their 'black ops' due to mounting debt, he won't be able to respawn any more....

Largo was detecting a formidable power in Kimiko before... a potential for catastrophe. Not entirely clarified by the animate event, imo.
Interestingly (or not?) Largo wasn't detecting anything as dangerous in Ping, she's just a plastic toy / robot to him all this time...

And by the looks we're just about 2/3 way through the chapter 12 ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish