[1580] with love

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Eraden

Re: [1580] with love

Post by Eraden » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:47 pm

If Megumi does manifest as a nine-tail and wanted to kill Ping, Ping would be melted into slag in the first few seconds of a fight. This is why I am hoping that if she is indeed a nine-tail, an incident like this does not become the stimulus to manifest. Such a negatively charged atmosphere would not be a good beginning for the city to experience a new nine-tail citizen.

Tsukai

Post by Tsukai » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:46 pm

Seriously, just...

This guy seems nice. I don't even know his name yet but he seems like an okay dude. Megumi clearly wants some sex right now and I'm okay with this, just... who knows, maybe it's the start of a relationship, maybe it isn't, but under the circumstances I feel as if these two deserve some sex in their lives with someone else they seem to be hitting it off with and caring about and it makes me kinda sad it's being used as the butt of jokes.

Come on, cheatyed guy. Go over there and give her a kiss and make her feel better and get your mutual freak on. Be a good person.

chemi

Post by chemi » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:32 pm

I used to wonder which character Fred hated more... Piro or Megumi.

Not any longer. At least Piro is getting some right now.

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:34 am

chemi wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:32 pm

Piro is what now? Where do you think Ping will be going next?
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:18 am

Eraden wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:47 pm
If Megumi does manifest as a nine-tail and wanted to kill Ping, Ping would be melted into slag in the first few seconds of a fight. This is why I am hoping that if she is indeed a nine-tail, an incident like this does not become the stimulus to manifest. Such a negatively charged atmosphere would not be a good beginning for the city to experience a new nine-tail citizen.
The only rational reason I can think of for Grandma to have done this is that either sex or love is the cause of a nine-tail's manifestation. If anger was the cause of it, I can't think that she would want it happening inside the family business. I would think the TCPD probably lays down some hefty fines for that kind of thing.

Hmm...I wonder if the TCPD has Kitsune Detectors, they want they do with Magical Girls?
mistersaxon wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:34 am
chemi wrote:

Piro is what now? Where do you think Ping will be going next?
Megumi did tell Ping that they had already left. If she does show up in their room we'll know that Grandma is just messing with *everyone* tonight.

darrin

Post by darrin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Tsukai wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:46 pm
This guy seems nice. I don't even know his name yet but he seems like an okay dude.
Yeah I'm getting a good vibe too. Hoping to see more of him in the next chapter(s).
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:56 am

chemi wrote:

Umm I think more likely the shower in the room with lava floor would be looking like a splatterhouse, with all the wounds from the glass... If they moved to the bed, they may need Mr Wolf(e) to cover this up... Or a Fantastic Mister Fox...?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:43 am

cidjen wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:56 am
chemi wrote:

Umm I think more likely the shower in the room with lava floor would be looking like a splatterhouse, with all the wounds from the glass... If they moved to the bed, they may need Mr Wolf(e) to cover this up... Or a Fantastic Mister Fox...?
Nope, this is not at all a spoiler to reveal that Kimiko and Piro are busy putting *three day grins* on each others faces. That is to put it delicately. Kimiko will walk funny for a few days and Piro will have that "one thousand meter stare".

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:25 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:43 am
...and Piro will have that "one thousand meter stare".
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe."

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:11 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:43 am

Nope, this is not at all a spoiler to reveal that Kimiko and Piro are busy putting *three day grins* on each others faces. That is to put it delicately. Kimiko will walk funny for a few days and Piro will have that "one thousand meter stare".
So you sayin' Piro will be like dancin' ? And Kimi like runnin' :)

Or two heroes /can/ actually do that after the game...?
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Hecatombe

Post by Hecatombe » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Damn grandma! Really? To spoil some nice sex. A betrayal to the business.

Megumi, not a wise choice going to a hotel family owned.

And Ping go ask grandma instead.

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:51 am

Hecatombe wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:23 pm
No Ping, really, REALLY don't. Ask Junko.
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:

Ubu

Post by Ubu » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:49 pm

darrin wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Yeah I'm getting a good vibe too. Hoping to see more of him in the next chapter(s).
Please, no. February 18th, 2018: Last appearance of Kimko and Piro. TWO YEARS, FOUR MONTHS, AND COUNTING.

jkhartl

Post by jkhartl » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:37 pm

Ubu wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:49 pm
darrin wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Please, no. February 18th, 2018: Last appearance of Kimko and Piro. TWO YEARS, FOUR MONTHS, AND COUNTING.
They deserve a little time to themselves.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
ImageImageImage

darrin

Post by darrin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:13 pm

Ubu wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:49 pm
I'm guessing you weren't a fan of Tzurezure Children either :lol:

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:32 am

mistersaxon wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:51 am
Hecatombe wrote:
Noo...I don't think Junko has a really good outlook about relationships, or guys in general. Ask Erika.

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 am

Roamer wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:32 am
mistersaxon wrote:
Hecatombe wrote:
Noo...I don't think Junko has a really good outlook about relationships, or guys in general. Ask Erika.
I think we should just go with the tried and true resource for all budding teenagers: The Internet.

darrin

Post by darrin » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:26 am

Hecatombe wrote:
ask grandma
mistersaxon wrote:
Ask Junko.
Roamer wrote:
Ask Erika.
garapagosu wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 am
The Internet.
"Did you guys ever WATCH the show?"

She already asked grandma. That's kinda what led to the current scene in the first place.
She already tried to ask Junko. That's kinda what led to the scene with grandma that led to the current scene etc etc.
She never asked Erika, because Erika has historically much too tight-lipped (especially around Ping) for that to be of any direct use to Ping.
And thanks to Largo, she has already had far more involuntary exposure to the The Internet than any sapient being deserves. Please let's not subject her to any more such abuse.

The only one I'd trust to handle the subject both tactfully and accurately is Yanagisawa, and I don't see a way to get him in the area without more plot hoops than I bet Fred is willing to jump through. I fear Ping is on her own for this one (as she has been for most of the comic, so it makes narrative sense anyway).

Hecatombe

Post by Hecatombe » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:33 pm

darrin wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:26 am
Hecatombe wrote:
ask grandma
mistersaxon wrote:
Ask Junko.
Roamer wrote:
Ask Erika.
garapagosu wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:40 am
The Internet.
"Did you guys ever WATCH the show?"

She already asked grandma. That's kinda what led to the current scene in the first place.
She already tried to ask Junko. That's kinda what led to the scene with grandma that led to the current scene etc etc.
She never asked Erika, because Erika has historically much too tight-lipped (especially around Ping) for that to be of any direct use to Ping.
And thanks to Largo, she has already had far more involuntary exposure to the The Internet than any sapient being deserves. Please let's not subject her to any more such abuse.

The only one I'd trust to handle the subject both tactfully and accurately is Yanagisawa, and I don't see a way to get him in the area without more plot hoops than I bet Fred is willing to jump through. I fear Ping is on her own for this one (as she has been for most of the comic, so it makes narrative sense anyway).
I indeed forgot that. :oops:
So grandma let her go to observe, not cool.

Tsukai

Post by Tsukai » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:18 pm

The worst part about the big delay between comics is that it gives me so much more time to imagine every possible way the next comic could go wrong.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:04 am

But Fred then won't use whatever is thought of and posted here, so we're prolonging the life of the comic that way ;)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

IrwinFletcher

Post by IrwinFletcher » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:17 am

My God, June 24 was the last update?

And Fred's on twitter schilling a new Patreon tier to focus on ANOTHER project called "Tokyo Destruction Something or other?" When he can't even establish a regular schedule for MT?

I'm sure the Kickstarter gang will be absolutely thrilled with that news.

And still no sign of Piro and Kimiko's return.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:03 am

IrwinFletcher wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:17 am
My God, June 24 was the last update?
And Fred's on twitter schilling a new Patreon tier to focus on ANOTHER project called "Tokyo Destruction Something or other?" When he can't even establish a regular schedule for MT?
Hi Fletch. Fred is making progress on the next MT comic. It will not involve Piro and Kimiko.

As I mentioned in another thread (and as you may have picked up from Fred's twitter), Fred's dad's health has declined further, and this has resulted in Fred spending large amounts of time lately taking him to the hospital and doctors. His dad has now moved into the nursing home where Fred's mother is, and where there seem to be a few positive covid tests for staff and patients every week lately. Because of those positive tests, the home does not allow visitors inside, and it is possible that Fred may never see his parents alive and in-person again. Fred's dad had resisted nearly all attempts to plan ahead for this kind of thing, and so Fred has spent many days almost entirely on the phone with or visiting the VA, lawyers, social workers, the nursing home, etc. He is also trying to deal with his parent's house, which needs work and will likely need to go to pay for the home.

Sarah is undergoing a series of dental surgeries, which also has taken a good bit of Fred's time and attention lately. Sarah has also lost her job, and because she is high-risk for covid and unemployment is high, it will be difficult finding her a new one that hopefully wouldn't kill her. The local school district sounds like they are going remote this fall, meaning Fred will likely not have his job driving the school bus, which had been a concern already because of Sarah being high risk.

The TTPD comic is meant to be a quick comic (note the sketchiness) intended to reach new people on a popular new platform (WebToons) who might not otherwise find MT, or who might have been initially put off by MT's length and the outdated gamer jokes in the early chapters. Between that and more frequent MT comics (which he had been managing most of the spring), Fred had hoped that he would get more support on Patreon, which would have meant he could spend less time driving a schoolbus and more time on MT. Patreon support did indeed go up (thank you supporters), but it hasn't been enough yet, in part because life problems like what I mentioned earlier have continued to get in the way of regular comic production. Right now, Fred may have to go find another job himself. They can't support a family just on what MT currently brings in -- not one with their medical problems.

We all want more MT comics, and Fred is working on that, But I hope you'll understand that he's had good reasons when things have been slower than we all wish. If you'd like to see more MT comics, the best way to help would be to support Fred on his Patreon.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:59 am

Thanks for the update paarfi - life comes at you mighty fast and hard sometimes and Covid is messing with many many people's lives, especially where there is no political will to admit there's a problem, let alone resolve it (with money that would otherwise line the pockets of billionaires and party donors). I feel very very lucky to have my job and be busier than ever (no I'm not a mortician) but I can see a downturn coming as purse strings tighten everywhere and the wrecking ball of Brexit is also going to f*ck us up royally in the UK so I'm very much inclined to say "there, but for the grace of God, go I" and wish Fred and family all the best. I'm glad I can help, even a little.

darrin

Post by darrin » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:23 pm

IrwinFletcher wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:17 am
And still no sign of Piro and Kimiko's return.
Since we're not gonna see more of either of them this chapter, I wonder why folks keep harping on this prior to the chapter change. :?: