[1577] cheating

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

darrin

Re: [1577] cheating

Post by darrin » Sun May 24, 2020 4:18 pm

louisxiv wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:35 am
and thanks to Paarfi for the transcripts in the first place.
Ditto on that, paarfi is awesome. :D

And yet another thing I learned from this little project... the guy in glasses here is currently called "Paisen" (a joking or possibly condescending form of "sempai", upperclassman or a higher seniority work colleague), and I don't recall that being mentioned here in the forums. The way the guy is drawn definitely reminds me of the Paisen MC in "Please don't bully me, Nagatoro" (which I have also been really enjoying for quite a few months now); was that guy possibly one of the influences Fred drew upon for this one?
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun May 24, 2020 7:46 pm

darrin wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:18 pm
The way the guy is drawn definitely reminds me of the Paisen MC in "Please don't bully me, Nagatoro"
I was imagining that he's the grown-up version of Paisen MC, and his SO (Hayacchi?) went aloof because catgirls can't exist in Megatokyo ;)

I.e. she wasn't really cheating, just TPCD was making her do stuff she couldn't explain to him, and then she fell on the lies and Masamichi & co had to lock her up or worse...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Tue May 26, 2020 3:28 pm

So, did Nagatoro dump Paisen in MT? :roll: KIdding asaide, I do like these twos' chemistry. I hope it goes farther than a one night stand.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Thu May 28, 2020 6:44 pm

Fred has started on comic 1578, but it's been a little delayed. Some of that was him getting things straight in his mind where things need to go as we near the end of this looooong chapter. But he's also been dealing with the decline of his parents, which has been even more difficult these last couple of weeks.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

darrin

Post by darrin » Fri May 29, 2020 11:33 am

paarfi wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:44 pm
even more difficult these last couple of weeks.
It's never easy, that's for sure. My wife went through that in 2005 and again in 2011. You don't want them to be in pain, and you don't want them to go, and that conflict... damages you.

My hopes that Fred gets what he needs to get through this time.
Avatar by Broken, I changed the book
My rescripts, now with little bits of commentary for each one

Natsumi

Post by Natsumi » Fri May 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Fred has my sympathies. I went through that with my mom when I was in my late 20s, and years later I had to do it with my dad. It sucks.
I mostly lurk and read, but I may squeak occasionally.

Natsumi

Post by Natsumi » Fri May 29, 2020 5:27 pm

NinjaDefenestrator wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:40 pm
Yuki and Chewtoy
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Roamer wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 6:32 am
Technetium wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 5:44 pm
darrin wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:54 pm
But Megumi has been in since the beginning
I actually didn't realize that was the same person. :lol: I actually just can't keep track of who these characters are lately. I don't know who the other one is in the bar, aside from her have a tail meaning she's related to Miho's friend who owns the club and is in the hospital currently. I forget the name of that person. There was another woman back at the scene with Ping and Junko and I don't know who she is either.
This gives me an idea for an infographic with all the characters and their relative frequency within each plotline/chapter, along with their relationships with others and how they shift over time. I needed an interesting project for learning PowerBI anyway...
Yes, PLEASE!!! :D
I mostly lurk and read, but I may squeak occasionally.