[TTDP 0002] The biggest threats

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

Roamer

[TTDP 0002] The biggest threats

Post by Roamer » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:57 am

Fred posted the new Tokyo Threat Documentation Project comic to his Webtoons page. Again, this is Fred testing art styles by writing side stories.

I have the feeling that Masamichi isn't playing strictly by the book here...if he pressures Chokage into helping with this project, he can truthfully say that she's working as his agent on these other cases. Which might help her, if his boss asks why she's still alive.

Invisigoth

Re: [TTDP 0002] The biggest threats

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:29 am

I think Chokage might harbor some stereotypes of her own though she hasn't realized it yet

Arent

Post by Arent » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:00 pm

It would really be fun if Piro did some "x-file" character sheets for the major "threats"/characters in the comic. Miho with high threat level and heavily redacted parts of her file, Largo as highly able, but incompetent former employee, Piro as zero threat noob, who only has a file, because he is connected to the others.

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Arent wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:00 pm
It would really be fun if Piro did some "x-file" character sheets for the major "threats"/characters in the comic. Miho with high threat level and heavily redacted parts of her file, Largo as highly able, but incompetent former employee, Piro as zero threat noob, who only has a file, because he is connected to the others.
Well the ASF has a very large file on Piro already.

It's good to see Masamichi recruiting monsters to police monsters. Good PR.

But somehow, this all seems rather familiar. (Dog girl high schooler. Any guesses *which* high school?)

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:07 pm

maldrul wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:59 pm
Any guesses *which* high school?)
Sakuragaoka High School?
Bat Masterson High School?
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:15 pm

Arent wrote:
Piro is fscking god level and the only one that can neutralize Miho.

Largo put all of his points into his LUCK stat at build but won't admit it

maldrul

Post by maldrul » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:47 pm

paarfi wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:07 pm
maldrul wrote:
Sakuragaoka High School?
I was thinking Shiritsu Daitou High School. ;>

Arent

Post by Arent » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:15 pm
Arent wrote:

Put that on his character sheet/x-file.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:42 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Arent wrote:

Luck and Constitution. This is still the guy who wrecks cars by having them hit him.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:10 am

Roamer wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:42 am
Invisigoth wrote:
Arent wrote:

Luck and Constitution. This is still the guy who wrecks cars by having them hit him.
When it comes to being hit by moving automobiles or electrocution on a power pole it’s much better to be lucky than good

Arent

Post by Arent » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:54 am

Roamer wrote:
Invisigoth wrote:
Arent wrote:

So Largo gets luck & constitution 18, while his wisdom score is 3.

Miho gets a file that is completely redacted. & has numerous 'top secret' stamps on it.

Piro - sorry but I think it would be much more funny if he would be listed as noob, regardless of actual 'powers' he might have.

Then we of course need files of Erika and Ashe.

And Dom. And Ed.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:56 am

Arent wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:54 am
Roamer wrote:
Invisigoth wrote:

Miho gets a file that is completely redacted. & has numerous 'top secret' stamps on it.

Piro - sorry but I think it would be much more funny if he would be listed as noob, regardless of actual 'powers' he might have.

And Dom. And Ed.
Piro is not a noob, Largo whom you are coming perilously close to jocksniffing would not under any circumstances be caught dead hanging around with some noob loser no matter how funny you might think it is.

Further, a constitution of 18 would put Largo in ninja territory where he would be totally impervious to any of the damage he's taken so far, EVERYTHING Largo does is saved by a LUCK roll from winning Erika's favor to being hit by a truck.

Arent

Post by Arent » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:56 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:56 am
Piro is not a noob, Largo whom you are coming perilously close to jocksniffing would not under any circumstances be caught dead hanging around with some noob loser no matter how funny you might think it is.

Further, a constitution of 18 would put Largo in ninja territory where he would be totally impervious to any of the damage he's taken so far, EVERYTHING Largo does is saved by a LUCK roll from winning Erika's favor to being hit by a truck.
Err, you are aware that I'm half joking? You seem to be overly protective of these characters?

I simply thought that the 'threat documentation project' would be a nice opportunity to create some pretty character sheets. Whether that's a good idea or how they could be designed is of course up to others.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Arent wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:56 pm
Invisigoth wrote:

Err, you are aware that I'm half joking? You seem to be overly protective of these characters?

I simply thought that the 'threat documentation project' would be a nice opportunity to create some pretty character sheets. Whether that's a good idea or how they could be designed is of course up to others.
We're having a conversation and I'm not being protective.

However the point of this entire exercise it to explore the rest of the MT world and attempt to get away from the genuinely constrict core group of characters from the regular MT strip itself and explore newer and much more interesting characters.

Arent

Post by Arent » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:29 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:06 pm

However the point of this entire exercise it to explore the rest of the MT world and attempt to get away from the genuinely constrict core group of characters from the regular MT strip itself and explore newer and much more interesting characters.
So you would disagree with the idea to create files/char sheets of the main characters. Point taken.

It was getting slightly weird, but maybe I misunderstood you.

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Arent wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:29 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:06 pm

So you would disagree with the idea to create files/char sheets of the main characters. Point taken.

I might be wrong, but I don't think he's opposed to the creation of the character sheets. It's just that after having read, thought about, considered, discussed, and argued over the core cast for...I'm not sure how long at this point...the new cast is a lot more interesting than yet another discussion about the Piro/Miho/Kimiko love triangle.

Arent

Post by Arent » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:18 pm

Roamer wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:02 pm
Arent wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:29 pm

I might be wrong, but I don't think he's opposed to the creation of the character sheets. It's just that after having read, thought about, considered, discussed, and argued over the core cast for...I'm not sure how long at this point...the new cast is a lot more interesting than yet another discussion about the Piro/Miho/Kimiko love triangle.
I'm only reading megatokyo once in a while. But of course, if you are an avid follower of the comic, the main cast might grow boring.

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Arent wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:54 am
Roamer wrote:

And Dom. And Ed.

Actually, Invisigoth, I think Largo might be somewhat slightly better than what you give him credit for but I will put a BIG qualifier on what I just said. I think he is something of an idiot-savant. He seems to be very good with computer and engineering skills, at least at something of what you might call "street-level". He also seems incredibly perceptive at times. However, he completely lacks any semblance of proper social skills and is more likely than not going to make a bad situation worse. He's not the kind of person I would like to hang out with in real life. Too many bad experiences would arise. However, that very narrow skill set of his sometimes comes in handy and every now and then he manages to do the right thing DESPITE himself.

LogicalLube

Post by LogicalLube » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:20 am

maldrul wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:47 pm
paarfi wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:07 pm
maldrul wrote:
Sakuragaoka High School?
I was thinking Shiritsu Daitou High School. ;>
1368 frame 3? Sexual Harassment girl? I remember pointing her out to Fred in a stream thinking that was the first appearance of Yakugashi.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:13 am

I think I should clarify a few things.

As a de-converted independent fundamentalist baptist (you should look that up) I have replaced the concept of god with LUCK

It's better to be lucky than good

It doesn't do any good to beg or plead with LUCK

So, Largo putting all his discretionary points into his LUCK stat isn't denigrating at all. It's a smart move

Roamer

Post by Roamer » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:42 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:13 am

As a de-converted independent fundamentalist baptist (you should look that up) I have replaced the concept of god with LUCK

So, Largo putting all his discretionary points into his LUCK stat isn't denigrating at all. It's a smart move
Until you roll those 3d6s and they all come up as 1s. Nothing quite so harsh as depending on your luck and having it turn on you.

Arent

Post by Arent » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:30 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:13 am

Well, our current religions are somewhat disappointing.

Concerning the 'luck' discussion, of course it would be best to be ~Trance Gemini ^^