[1571] fresh air

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

User avatar
paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:32 pm
Location: south-central Pennsylvania

[1571] fresh air

Post by paarfi » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:27 pm

Fred posted the new comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere probably tomorrow.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

User avatar
jkhartl
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:56 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by jkhartl » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:17 pm

Looks like Megumi's ears are starting to peek out.
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
Image
ImageImageImage

Invisigoth
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Invisigoth » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:15 pm

jkhartl wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:17 pm
Looks like Megumi's ears are starting to peek out.
Indeed they are. At least she's calming down though a bit sad now. I'm still hoping for a full on nine tail manifestation that causes Sonada Masamichi to require an emergency change of underwear

Roamer
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Roamer » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:02 pm

She looks thoroughly miserable...Fred, get this girl a date, would you? I mean, she's only had one art print, and that was her getting stood up. Can't blame her for being unhappy. She needs to be more careful about the ears, though. Dude with the glasses is clearly eyeing her in the last panel.

User avatar
Liminaut
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Liminaut » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:43 pm

I have a completely unjustified headcanon that Megumi pissed off an extremely powerful kitsune and they cursed Megumi to never know romance.

zumHueriger
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by zumHueriger » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:39 pm

Largo would think they wound up in the right bar, judging by the name and logo on the sign.

User avatar
jkhartl
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:56 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by jkhartl » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:43 am

Have we seen Megumi on a bender? Maybe she's a foxy drunk.

Apropos to nothing:
Doctor Jimmy and mister Jim
When I'm pilled you don't notice him
He only comes out when I drink my gin
I used to be 4'33" but I had forbidden characters.
Image
ImageImageImage

Invisigoth
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 am

Liminaut wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:43 pm
I have a completely unjustified headcanon that Megumi pissed off an extremely powerful kitsune and they cursed Megumi to never know romance.
Mine is that Megumi IS an extremely powerful kitsune and that the “curse” was placed in an attempt to protect her with the side effect of blocking any possibility of discovery. Thus, no intimate partners to notice the effects that surround her

Olba
Posts: 39
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Finland

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Olba » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:26 am

Ashe is a very violent foxgirl.

Roamer
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Roamer » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:51 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 am
Liminaut wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:43 pm
I have a completely unjustified headcanon that Megumi pissed off an extremely powerful kitsune and they cursed Megumi to never know romance.
Mine is that Megumi IS an extremely powerful kitsune and that the “curse” was placed in an attempt to protect her with the side effect of blocking any possibility of discovery. Thus, no intimate partners to notice the effects that surround her
Once Yakugashi gets finished working on Miho's story, she can work her magic with Megumi.

By definition, any kitsune with that many tails is powerful. Fred has been very careful not to give us a chance to figure out just how many tails she has, which makes me suspect she might be a nine-tail. Possibly all nine-tails have a side effect of pushing normals away, to protect the kitsune (from frightened mob violence) or the norms (from magical side effects)?

User avatar
cidjen
Posts: 975
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:13 pm
Location: Too many to fit in this margin area
Contact:

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by cidjen » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:07 pm

So she wanted to be invited to the room with Kimi and Piro THAT badly? That's where the 'asshole' comes from?

Thanks for the page, Fred :) keep well :)

Invisigoth
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:18 pm

cidjen wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:07 pm
So she wanted to be invited to the room with Kimi and Piro THAT badly? That's where the 'asshole' comes from?

Thanks for the page, Fred :) keep well :)
Uh no, she's talking about Junko's client

Rapierman
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Rapierman » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:35 pm

Well, you can definitely cut that bit of tension with a knife....

....no, not a real one. Put that knife down. 😑😏
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Teddy-Werebear
Posts: 263
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: WV

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Teddy-Werebear » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:25 pm

Uh oh... I sense a potential for the Japanese version of a redneck joke that is not very sensitive to the... well anybody on an even keel.

User avatar
HakuRyoku
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by HakuRyoku » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 pm

Megumi does know they make 'toys' for this sort of problem right? I mean part of her family runs a love hotel.... she would have to know (at least you would think) that toys are made for pent up sexual frustration right?
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

User avatar
maldrul
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Texas

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by maldrul » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:16 pm

Rapierman wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:35 pm
Well, you can definitely cut that bit of tension with a knife....

....no, not a real one. Put that knife down. 😑😏
Sulks away while hiding the knife in his jacket :<
Image

User avatar
cidjen
Posts: 975
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:13 pm
Location: Too many to fit in this margin area
Contact:

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by cidjen » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:25 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:18 pm
cidjen wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:07 pm
So she wanted to be invited to the room with Kimi and Piro THAT badly? That's where the 'asshole' comes from?

Thanks for the page, Fred :) keep well :)
Uh no, she's talking about Junko's client
Interesting.

But all she knew about The Doctor, was what Ping and Ashe and Junko talked about him. Megumi didn't go out to meet and greet. Unless it happened in-between the scenes. So it's easy to overlook this possibility.

Invisigoth
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:41 pm

Well...all the drama was over Ping poaching Junko's client so really Megumi doesn't need to meet the guy to know of his existence and role in the conflict

User avatar
cidjen
Posts: 975
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:13 pm
Location: Too many to fit in this margin area
Contact:

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by cidjen » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:35 pm

Well before that started, Megumi was sulking either after the ninja that didtched her, or Piro who didn't invite her. So much sulking, it's probably accumulated.

Roamer
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Roamer » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:52 pm

cidjen wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:35 pm
Well before that started, Megumi was sulking either after the ninja that didtched her, or Piro who didn't invite her. So much sulking, it's probably accumulated.
Well, she doesn't seem to care much for her day job as a waitress at Anna Millers, after meeting the rabid fans she's lost interest in becoming a successful voice actress, and she doesn't seem to have any interest in the family business. Despite all that, she stays cheerful and supportive of her friends (okay, she does cry in the face of *actual* death and disaster) and is willing to help to the point of getting shot at. I think some sulking time has been earned.

Roamer
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Roamer » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:11 pm

Aaand after all of Komugiko's complaints about being called a catgirl, they're having drinks at a bar called the cattail. Lolz.

Eraden
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:08 pm

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Eraden » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:44 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 am
Liminaut wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:43 pm
I have a completely unjustified headcanon that Megumi pissed off an extremely powerful kitsune and they cursed Megumi to never know romance.
Mine is that Megumi IS an extremely powerful kitsune and that the “curse” was placed in an attempt to protect her with the side effect of blocking any possibility of discovery. Thus, no intimate partners to notice the effects that surround her
Of all of the theories that I have heard regarding Megumi and her kitsune manifestations, this is the one I like the best. It has so much going for it in terms of potential back story. A situation like this might have even arisen because of "o'l Grandmother Eight-Tail". Picture if you will, a new child is born to the family and Grandma realizes that this child is going to quickly and fully manifest as a nine-tail. She might have dropped all manner of "curses" on the child to bind that power and prevent anyone else from noticing it. Now, however, the child is an adult and the curses can't cope with the power that has been building. The nine-tail is about to manifest! Invisigoth, I don't know if this scenario is the one you specifically are predicting but I have to admit, either this one or any other similarly related one, if brought to bear, is going to be quite interesting to watch.

Invisigoth
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 635
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:53 pm

Eraden wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:44 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 am
Liminaut wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:43 pm
I have a completely unjustified headcanon that Megumi pissed off an extremely powerful kitsune and they cursed Megumi to never know romance.
Mine is that Megumi IS an extremely powerful kitsune and that the “curse” was placed in an attempt to protect her with the side effect of blocking any possibility of discovery. Thus, no intimate partners to notice the effects that surround her
Of all of the theories that I have heard regarding Megumi and her kitsune manifestations, this is the one I like the best. It has so much going for it in terms of potential back story. A situation like this might have even arisen because of "o'l Grandmother Eight-Tail". Picture if you will, a new child is born to the family and Grandma realizes that this child is going to quickly and fully manifest as a nine-tail. She might have dropped all manner of "curses" on the child to bind that power and prevent anyone else from noticing it. Now, however, the child is an adult and the curses can't cope with the power that has been building. The nine-tail is about to manifest! Invisigoth, I don't know if this scenario is the one you specifically are predicting but I have to admit, either this one or any other similarly related one, if brought to bear, is going to be quite interesting to watch.
You've perfectly stated my theory!

User avatar
maldrul
Posts: 152
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Texas

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by maldrul » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:38 pm

So, do all the one-tails resort to physical violence when things aren't going their way?
Image

cryum
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:58 am

Re: [1571] fresh air

Post by cryum » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:50 pm

It took me quite a while to remember why Megumi's down the dumps.....because she has so many reasons to be.

Megatokyo is unfortunately lacking in the "males not married to ammunition" population.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests