One WIP Twitch thread to rule them all [SPOILERS]

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

cidjen

Re: One WIP Twitch thread to rule them all [SPOILERS]

Post by cidjen » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:12 pm

And on the day Fred made a comeback to Twitch after being away for a week we learn

that he had a brush off with death on a washed-out road

that he had to use a CPAP machine (who has a CPAP machine on a camp???) to reinflate his air matress

that he drove 1750 miles in this trip

and had close to no Internet during his trip

that Jack is becoming a ship nerd

and that he met people who had family on the Edmund Fitzgerald

that he had literally no time to draw even tho he took a sketchbook

that red tape is dumb

that Khufu has spots of tan in the sea of black fur

Where did Erika's singing come from

I need to read some E.A.Poe to get some references

and how it feels to log on to Twitch when the stream just cut.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Concerned_user

Post by Concerned_user » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:23 am

Fujii Yakumo wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:50 pm
Concerned_user wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:04 pm
Olba wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:23 pm

It is a tip jar though. It was set up because people kept asking Fred about Patreon and donating. The goals on the Patreon are quite obviously generic .......

<snip>

Honestly this is way more words and time than you've earned...
Thats all fine and good, but words matter. With the issues Fred has had his whole life, he should know by now to stop saying he will do something for money only to then not deliver. Its so easy to change the patreon goal to reflect this. Just don't say "I will replace 2 finished comic pages to 4 per month, if the patreon goal is reached" That's all it would take for me to stop pointing this out. It would be the honest thing to do. And you know that.

Concerned_user,

Please point to the contract that exists between Fred and us (his readers) about how many pages he "owes" us in return for what we give him.

You can't, can you?

"But words matter!", I hear you cry. Yes, they do -- if you break your promises too often, your word becomes worthless. But some of us have been around here for many years, and our interaction with Fred is relational, not transactional. If Fred is a bit slower than maybe he promised with the releases, so what? Don't hit his tip-jar as often (or at all) if you feel cheated.

Me? I'm a free-loader. I haven't spent a dime on Fred and Megatokyo since I bought a Miho "polesitting" poster ..... 15 years ago ..... (?) .... and I really should pitch something in to help out -- I've been reading the strip regularly since 2003 or so.

As it is, I'm grateful ...... repeat, GRATEFUL .... that Megatokyo didn't die over the course of the year-long hiatus when we left Chewtoy in his hospital bed at the end of Chapter 11. (Thank you for hanging in there, Fred!)

Maybe you should be grateful, too.
Taken word for word from Patreon:
I WILL replace two pencil and color illustrations I am currently doing per month with two Megatokyo comics to produce a minimum of four Megatokyo comics per month - more if I can.

Words matter. Especially where money is involved. Saying you WILL do something in exchange for a certain amount of support means people can expect this in return. How people choose to communicate is important. I just showed you the words you are looking for. If you don't find something wrong with saying you WILL do something for a certain monetary amount and then not doing it consistently, then no amount of reasoning can help you. You're a blind fanboy.

Arent

Post by Arent » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:01 am

Concerned_user wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:23 am
Taken word for word from Patreon:
I WILL replace two pencil and color illustrations I am currently doing per month with two Megatokyo comics to produce a minimum of four Megatokyo comics per month - more if I can.

Words matter. Especially where money is involved. Saying you WILL do something in exchange for a certain amount of support means people can expect this in return. How people choose to communicate is important. I just showed you the words you are looking for. If you don't find something wrong with saying you WILL do something for a certain monetary amount and then not doing it consistently, then no amount of reasoning can help you. You're a blind fanboy.
If you sign up for Patreon for, let's say 5$ a month, & then Fred doesn't deliver the promised comics, you will simply contact him & demand your comics. If after the next month he hasn't delivered them, you will simply leave patreon and not pay anymore.

In that case, you have lost 10$. If piro comes back and creates more comics, you can immediately rejoin patreon. Everything is very simple.

Loosing 10$ is not nice, but it's not really a problem. The problem is if you continue paying money although you notice that you are dissatisfied with the number of comics you get. Then you quickly have paid 100$ or 200$.

Fujii Yakumo
Location: Pikesville, People's Democratic Republic of Maryland

Post by Fujii Yakumo » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:47 pm

Concerned_user wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:23 am
If you don't find something wrong with saying you WILL do something for a certain monetary amount and then not doing it consistently, then no amount of reasoning can help you. You're a blind fanboy.
Uh-huh.

And you, Sir, are a cynic.

cyn·ic

pronounced "SIN-ik"

noun

1. a person who believes that people are motivated purely by self-interest rather than acting for honorable or unselfish reasons.
2. a person who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Two can play this game, y'know.....
Said Phoebe Snow
About to go
Upon a trip to Buffalo:
"My gown stays white
From morn 'til night
Upon the Road of Anthracite".

Advertising slogan from the Delaware, Lackawanna, and Western Railroad
1853-1960
Requiescat in pace.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:11 am

Back to the purpose of this thread. Looks like Fred is back from his camping trip and working on the next comic. Yay!
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Seriously, I don't think that I'm alone in saying that some of us are getting tired of the constant bellyaching form certain users about the fact that life gets in the way sometimes of Fred being able to produce content. He has been doing this for almost 20 years now (yeah believe it or not, next year makes 20 years for MT), those of us who've stuck around and supported Fred all these years have seen many and up and down in his life. I personally have been around for over 10 years, I don't remember exactly what year I started reading MT at the suggestion of a friend from an online RP group that I was part of. The man has had a lot of shit go down in his life with both personal and family issues, but he always seems to eventually bounce back once the dust has settled. He has always been quite ambitious in this hobby of his that he shares with us. Unfortunately he sometimes takes on a bit more than he can handle. The MT store got so large at one point that it overwhelmed him and he was forced to scale it back to a more manageable size, then the current Visual Novel project is unfortunately due to circumstances beyond his control currently sort of on the back burner. Hopefully one day that project will eventually come to fruition. Fred juggles working 2 jobs, raising a family, and dealing with all the curveballs that life has been throwing at him. Despite all of this he still finds time to invite us into this crazy little world that he has created for our entertainment called Megatokyo, and also it's attached side projects. I commend Fred for sticking with MT all these years despite the real world issues that have cropped up in his life. So before you start to whine about that content is coming slowly, put yourself in his shoes for a bit.
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

Arent

Post by Arent » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:00 am

So, from what I see, I suspect that Moeko is a "typical" teenage girl, who is severely love-starved since she is in coma and cannot experience a relationship or sex. The difference is, of course, she has "powers" and therefore is able to live a life by tampering with the world, which might or might not be a good idea.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:28 pm

In the mean time,
this whole scene smells increasingly like a trap, a setup.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:14 am

And we've gone with [1560] through Assembly, Dialogue, then Patreon, will be next! Also Fred manafed to disabvle the aautocorrect on his ipd, therefoe we will get a 'comuc' this time.
(Free for all I suppose Tuesday-ish)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:06 am

Comic 1561: Barbie bewbs. Barbie doll bewbs everywhere.

Invisigoth

Post by Invisigoth » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Moved a post to the moderated post graveyard thread. It's really not worth reading thoughhttps://forums.megatokyo.com/viewtopic.php?p=7692#p7692

The poster of that last added an addendum which I've moved and attached so you can read. Please keep discussions to that thread

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:21 am

1562: It's a TRAPPP!!!

Sidebar: The anime kind or the star wars kind?

1562: Maybe both!!?

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:23 am

1562 is nearing the end of production.
Or just about the midst of digital cleanup.
You decide :)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:17 am

1562 finished production on 25th/26th of August, Fred went offline with it to work on the dialogue.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:45 am

[1563] is on the way, line art is being done. There was another drawing Fred was creating, with a bunny person, titled 'TPCD Threat Documentation Project', but it's back to comic mode now.

(Also the beginning of the school year and unforseen family circumstances.)
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

GouryG

Post by GouryG » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:33 pm

Yep all the fun and games of the new school year kicking off. Plus I imagine that Fred is driving the bus again. I am also all too familiar with the curveballs that life can throw at you when dealing with elderly parents. Both my mom and mother in law are both in poor health.
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:38 am

For those who don't follow Fred's twitter. Sarah's father had medical problems late last year that left him struggling to walk. A week or two ago, things took a more serious turn for the worse. I expect the next comic (and everything else) is going to be delayed while they deal with this latest crisis.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Progress update. Sarah's father is doing somewhat better, which is a relief. Fred is likely going to be spending a lot of time away from home for the near future, but it looks like he will be able to make progress on comics again. He tried Twitch streaming the other day, but the DSL he had available at the relative's house didn't have enough bandwidth. He's going to look at getting Comcast in there so he can livestream again. But even without livestreaming, he has started working on the next comic again today.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:40 am

Fred's back to comic production. Half of the page is drawn so far, looks like will also be busy with artwork printouts fro Youmacon.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:03 pm

Fred plans to be back to drawing and twitch streaming tonight.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:53 pm

Fred is apparently working on making this a double-comic. Progress continues.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:51 am

Fred entered the digital phase of production of [1563].

Some SFS from the prior stream: apparently Largo is about to say something and this got Free all fired up... Can't wait.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:52 pm

Additional SFS: m04r n00d p1>< incoming! probably.
right, Piro and Kimiko are in the shower for a long time already...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish

garapagosu

Post by garapagosu » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:22 am

Their skin will need quite a bit of lotion, methinks.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:11 pm

If I was to listen to what Fred says
and not listen to what Fred says
but to what his characters seem to be doing on paper
I would say, Erika is about to 'Faputa' rip Largo's arm.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish