[1611] understandin' love

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

[1611] understandin' love

Post by paarfi » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:29 am

Fred had posted the new comic to his Patreon. He'll post it to the main site and elsewhere probably tomorrow.

On the Patreon, Fred said:
Ok, not a great start to the new year... talk about getting dogpiled, but i got it done (all with a 101.3 degree F fever for some of it earlier today :P) It's been that kinda FredLife, but i got er done and she came out pretty good.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Zagaroth

Re: [1611] understandin' love

Post by Zagaroth » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:54 pm

Good to see the comic up, last stream that I caught he was pushing himself to stay awake it seemed like.

And Oh My.

I wonder what sort of 'saucy' outfits we are going to see.

Yl33 D4 N00b

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:16 pm

Wonder if Mugi will wind up dressed as a Magical Girl...... :lol:

Tsukai

Post by Tsukai » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:26 am

This comic is getting more and more offensive in the sense that the kid keeps thinking that Piro doesn't get to choose who he falls in love with and has a relationship with, and has to be sexually coerced and/or physically violenced into making the 'correct' choice. If the genders were swapped this would cause merry hell for being prime level misogyny. Why is nobody pointing out how insanely sexist this is?

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:09 am

Yaku is 13. It is entirely reasonable for her not to understand how real relationships work. In some ways, I see Yaku here as a stand-in for some shippers, or much like the fanboys who followed Piro to Kimiko's event. People getting things wrong is often the point.

Fortunately, for all their problems, the older characters seem to understand this.

mistersaxon

Post by mistersaxon » Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:48 am

Yep, Yaku is 13 and Miho is desperate (not to die like she normally does, at least) so I suspect Bad Decisions will be made. And I'm here for it TBH.
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:22 am

Yay New Page Thank You Fred :)

I wrote my last filk before actually seeing this page
mistersaxon wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:48 am
Yep, Yaku is 13 and Miho is desperate (not to die like she normally does, at least) so I suspect Bad Decisions will be made. And I'm here for it TBH.
It's not like a pacemaker will prevent any other kind of death that might still happen...
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:20 am

Is Mugi planning to go look for Junpei? If so, there's going to be a LOT of trouble brewing.

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:41 pm

Peiback?
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

Eraden

Post by Eraden » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:17 am

I'm thinking more along the lines of Mugi running afoul of Granny Ninja and THAT is gonna bring the entire Kitsune clan running....along with a certain newly minted 9-Tail. For good measure, Miho is probably going to come, locked and loaded, as well. The Ninjas might be in for a world of hurt if they mess with Mugi.

BetaCygnus

Post by BetaCygnus » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:15 am

paarfi wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:09 am
People getting things wrong is often the point.
Exactly. MT is in no way moralistic in the sense that for everything offensive, there is immediately a character pointing out how it *should* be, to satisfy the readers’ perception of right and wrong. It seems to me that Fred prefers the more… provocative? …way of storytelling — letting readers munch on their own feeling offended by choices inline characters make, and things they say.

I guess we all know Fred doesn’t seem to like taking his readers by the hand and guiding them through the deeper layers of his story. I like the way he allows ‘his’ characters to be themselves — and yes, to be offensive to others at times.

He doesn’t serve a ready meal.
He just provides us with the ingredients, looking forward to what we will make of it all.

Thanks for the new page(s), Fred! =)
— Member № 48735 · February 13, 2006 —

S1arburst

Post by S1arburst » Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:32 pm

Tsukai wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:26 am
This comic is getting more and more offensive in the sense that the kid keeps thinking that Piro doesn't get to choose who he falls in love with and has a relationship with, and has to be sexually coerced and/or physically violenced into making the 'correct' choice. If the genders were swapped this would cause merry hell for being prime level misogyny. Why is nobody pointing out how insanely sexist this is?
I kind of think Yaku has always been annoying, ("Ninja, sit!", how disrespectful is that?) so to me this is pretty much par for the course.

Believe me, I was desperately hoping Yaku wouldn't be able to write Miho into the scene where Piro and Kimiko were sharing a room at the love hotel when she was planning that back at the Ninja compound. That would have been terrible in so many ways. But now that she's just planning to dress up Miho provocatively and have her meet Piro in a decent place (hopefully), my panic levels are way down. Sure maybe it's rude and sexist, but we're not dealing with nuclear levels of inappropriateness in this case. I actually have been warming up to Yaku and finding her slightly more cute than annoying since she got taken down a peg at the ninja compound.
Just call me prissywings

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:11 pm

I suppose, re what Tskuai wrote, it's Yakugashis background due to living with her mum, she's seen a lot and is opinionated and doesn't take prisoners.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

Voyager

Post by Voyager » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:56 pm

Wait, did the nurse just tell Mugi she had a few *questionable* outfits for her?

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:21 am

Indeed. But there are many types of questions.

Also Mugi is something of a questionable type herself.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

Voyager

Post by Voyager » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:50 am

Ningen 2 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:21 am
Indeed. But there are many types of questions.

Also Mugi is something of a questionable type herself.
Is this the former magic girl nurse? This feels like the sort of thing she'd end up mixed up in.

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by paarfi » Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:19 am

Voyager wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:50 am
Is this the former magic girl nurse? This feels like the sort of thing she'd end up mixed up in.
No, this is Nurse Joy (from Pokemon). We've seen her and several other Nurse Joys at this hospital in previous comics. Examples: [1444] and [1437].