[1603] easy mode and bad end

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

User avatar
S1arburst
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by S1arburst » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:11 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:37 pm
There is an entire genre of VN with plots involving suicide pacts. If you’re a fan of that sort of thing then by all means pursue Peek. It’s literally your funeral
Why would you even want to produce a robot that played those plots though? What good does it do you to kill off the users of your products? You wouldn't get any repeat business. And I really don't see Dr. Gero's enthusiasm about wanting as many people as possible to experience these accessories if they're going to make them miserable and kill them.
Just call me prissywings

User avatar
maldrul
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Texas

Re: [1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by maldrul » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:34 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:37 pm
There is an entire genre of VN with plots involving suicide pacts. If you’re a fan of that sort of thing then by all means pursue Peek. It’s literally your funeral
Remember, Kitsune are fox spirits. I can see it going something like this:

We die slowly in each others arms, bleeding out until we collapse... then we both get up, wipe away the faux blood (remember, kitsune are masters of illusion), then we each get pissed that the other didn't really die and grapple and stab each other to death... then we both stand back up and laugh and laugh, look each other in the eye and say "I can do this all day"
Image

User avatar
Random Wanderer
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by Random Wanderer » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:21 am

I don't think they're going to be having Peek fulfill any of the bad VNs where the player dies. No, give that Poke says Peek is still programmed to have sex, I'm going to assume she's just the type of girl who is really really hard to get. She'll have a whole bunch of affection-raising events, the right choice will never be obvious, and if you mess up even a single time you can't complete her route, and even once you look up a walkthrough you'll discover that she actually randomizes her events from out of tens of thousands of options, etc. etc. She's designed to be stupidly hard to win, and really easy to lose.

User avatar
maldrul
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Texas

Re: [1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by maldrul » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:05 pm

Random Wanderer wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:21 am
I don't think they're going to be having Peek fulfill any of the bad VNs where the player dies. No, give that Poke says Peek is still programmed to have sex, I'm going to assume she's just the type of girl who is really really hard to get. She'll have a whole bunch of affection-raising events, the right choice will never be obvious, and if you mess up even a single time you can't complete her route, and even once you look up a walkthrough you'll discover that she actually randomizes her events from out of tens of thousands of options, etc. etc. She's designed to be stupidly hard to win, and really easy to lose.
Which is why Peek would be more fun to play with. Like Piro once said <I don't want it to be easy! I want it to be right!>
Image

Invisigoth
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 856
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:25 pm

maldrul wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:05 pm
Random Wanderer wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:21 am
I don't think they're going to be having Peek fulfill any of the bad VNs where the player dies. No, give that Poke says Peek is still programmed to have sex, I'm going to assume she's just the type of girl who is really really hard to get. She'll have a whole bunch of affection-raising events, the right choice will never be obvious, and if you mess up even a single time you can't complete her route, and even once you look up a walkthrough you'll discover that she actually randomizes her events from out of tens of thousands of options, etc. etc. She's designed to be stupidly hard to win, and really easy to lose.
Which is why Peek would be more fun to play with. Like Piro once said <I don't want it to be easy! I want it to be right!>
Trust me, you'd rage quit if you had to play Peek. If you were stubborn enough you'll die.
SpoilerShow
I can't believe that TWB has gotten closer to the truth than anyone else.

User avatar
maldrul
Posts: 200
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Texas

Re: [1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by maldrul » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:07 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:25 pm

Trust me, you'd rage quit if you had to play Peek. If you were stubborn enough you'll die.
Even Miho admits there *are* a series of right choices that would lead to the good end. It's just that no one has made them all... yet. :ninja:
Image

User avatar
HakuRyoku
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Missouri
Contact:

Re: [1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by HakuRyoku » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:28 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:25 pm
SpoilerShow
I can't believe that TWB has gotten closer to the truth than anyone else.
I can believe that.... why do you think *shifts glasses with a sharp glare* he has a fan club.
Bringer of pointless claims and false theories
Self imposed president of the 'I *heart* TWB' fan club

Twitch: Diremist04
Twitter: Diremist

User avatar
mistersaxon
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Thame, UK
Contact:

Re: [1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by mistersaxon » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:11 am

Is it just me who is childishly amused by the phrase "Poke in The Foxhole"? (Probably)

More disturbingly a "poke" is a shady slang term for quick meaningless *ahem* carnal relations. So the name is multi-layered (should come as no surprise). They could have been named "Snog*" and "Avoid" (leaving Ping as "Marry"?)

(* snog = kiss)
Yea, verily: Who is that, running on the steppes! It is Sax, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions! He howls homicidally:
"I'm seriously going to pound you into the fast lane!!!"

Oh, yeah, I wrote Ping some backstory once.

User avatar
cidjen
Posts: 1132
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:13 pm
Location: Too many to fit in this margin area
Contact:

Re: [1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by cidjen » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:06 pm

mistersaxon wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:11 am
Is it just me who is childishly amused by the phrase "Poke in The Foxhole"? (Probably)
Now you mentioned that,

Peeking into The Foxhole is something that either hunters or juveniles would do. Take a pick... peek.... Ugh.
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )

User avatar
Ningen 2
Posts: 96
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:15 pm
Location: Location, Location

Re: [1603] easy mode and bad end

Post by Ningen 2 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 pm

My juvenalia would be poking Peek while peeking at Poke.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests