[1587] problem multiplication

Moderators: Invisigoth, chemi

User avatar
Rapierman
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Contact:

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Rapierman » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:17 pm

Okay, Megumi....

1. To start with, lose the bowtie and college sweater. You're not gonna win with that.
2. Look behind you. Your problems just multiplied. Happy?
3. Quit acting like you're so damn desperate. There are some advantages to being a tease before you go jumping into the deep end.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Invisigoth
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:32 pm

If the spell that bound and hid her true nature is broken now as I believe it to be then Megu can wear a nuns habit and she'll have no problems.

Also, she's NOT acting like she's desperate because she really is desperate. Every date is coitus interruptus before the coitus can even start.

User avatar
Roamer
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Roamer » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Lingman wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:47 am
I'll bet Erika, Largo and Junpi can all see them too.
Virtually any non-mundane should be able to, unless she's hiding them. In which case only those of great power or special immunity (Ninjas?) will be able to.
Teddy-Werebear wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:20 pm
...
And we are still not sure Megumi knows she has manifested her 9 tails for 100% sure?
Does she know she has become a mystical supernova waiting to happen with a cute face and rockin hot bod?
And she is annoyed this morning on top of being sexually frustrated.
Glad I am not a character in this webcomic for like the first time ever.
I would still risk dismemberment to be Megumi's cuddle bear though...
Not 100%, but pretty sure...although that last panel sure looks like a commentary about her new status, doesn't it? And if she slams that door too quickly, she'll know for sure, and so will the rest of the building.
Nope, she has no clue about that. Amazing, isn't it?
Yup!
Hell, this looks like it could be fun, really. I sense a damsel soon-to-be-in-distress!
You can bat cleanup and report back to the forum if she actually does the dismembering bit with me. Make sure to describe the bloody parts in detail for Maldrul.
Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:21 pm
My head canon, based on what I know for sure and what I can deduce is that Megumi shocked her mother and grandmother by being a nine tailed kit at birth and frequently and quite rapidly phase shifting between that form and being a cute little girl baby. The few Elder kitsune who were aware arranged to have her locked into human form in order to keep the peace and then conveniently neglected to let her know.

Parallel her current manifestation we have Miho being implanted with a pacemaker and thus being for lack of a better term undying. At that point Moeko could contact Miho because Miho didn't die.

It all ties together and Grandmother 8 Tail probably has a lot of explaining to do.

Other things that are to be considered. Mugi's mother, a powerful 5 tail, booted Mugi out on to the streets when she was a terrified teen and pregnant with Yaku. Megumi helped Mugi when that happened. I'm suspecting that 5 tailed bitch is going to be soiling her fluffs when she hears about this....
All of the origin is reasonable up to the point about 'neglecting to tell her'. They veer sharply into WTF? territory at that point, unless her being aware of her status would make her a target in some way...

So you think the Moeko/Miho combo is her antagonist. Yeah, I'm leaning that way as well. The timing is just too tight, and there's nothing else that seems likely to be a class S threat in MT right now.

And we already knew Mugi's mom was a waste of fur, but yeah, that's a fun image.
Arent wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:30 pm
Voyager wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:30 pm
In fact, I just realized how to do it too: set her up with a minder who is about her age, single, scores high in empathy, and is unquestioningly loyal to the TPCD. Bonus if he competes at a high amateur level in at least one martial art, but if he's TPCD, he has to be proficient in them, and I'm sure she'd be very happy to encourage it.

Advise him to maintain close contact with her, especially during her adjustment to the new situation, and then first, advise both of them that close relationships are discouraged, then keep sending agents who ended up happily married to their targets to interact with them in both official and unofficial settings.
I'm pretty sure Dom and Ed are still single :shock:
I'm not sure which of them would score lower on empathy...I still suspect Dom is a control for Stability, so his might actually be negative in game terms...

In fact, I doubt that you would find many high-empathy people in the TCPD at all, given the nature of the work. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Invisigoth
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Invisigoth » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:08 pm

Well, given what we see from what's happening to Chokky in Tokyo Threat Documentation Project https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/t ... _no=417973 even Masamichi is really very low empathy and he's one of the better ones as far as we can tell

User avatar
Roamer
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Roamer » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:07 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:08 pm
Well, given what we see from what's happening to Chokky in Tokyo Threat Documentation Project https://www.webtoons.com/en/challenge/t ... _no=417973 even Masamichi is really very low empathy and he's one of the better ones as far as we can tell
People with relatively high empathy tend to avoid jobs where you are likely to have to use violence on a semi-regular basis. Normal cops don't really have to deal out serious injury or death unless they get very unlucky. TCPD is more like SWAT or special forces; as an unofficial motto of Special Forces goes, 'We do a lot of things we wish we didn't have to'.

Invisigoth
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:36 am

There is an odd factor involved here. Piro is able to shadowstep or walk through the places in between. Recall Mugi’s amazement at his ability to travel with Miho. If he weren’t already involved in a love triangle with Miho and Kimi then he might be a good match for Megumi

User avatar
Yl33 D4 N00b
Posts: 626
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: KY

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Yl33 D4 N00b » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:51 am

Invisigoth wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:36 am
There is an odd factor involved here. Piro is able to shadowstep or walk through the places in between. Recall Mugi’s amazement at his ability to travel with Miho. If he weren’t already involved in a love triangle with Miho and Kimi then he might be a good match for Megumi
Yeah, that's just what MT needs, Piro the harem protagonist. Just wait a few more years for Yuki to grow up..... 8-)

Invisigoth
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 710
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Invisigoth » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:16 pm

Yl33 D4 N00b wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:51 am
Invisigoth wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:36 am
There is an odd factor involved here. Piro is able to shadowstep or walk through the places in between. Recall Mugi’s amazement at his ability to travel with Miho. If he weren’t already involved in a love triangle with Miho and Kimi then he might be a good match for Megumi
Yeah, that's just what MT needs, Piro the harem protagonist. Just wait a few more years for Yuki to grow up..... 8-)
Last I saw Largo was pursuing Yuki.......

User avatar
Ningen 2
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:15 pm
Location: Location, Location

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Ningen 2 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:33 pm

Arent wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:30 pm
I'm pretty sure Dom and Ed are still single :shock:
True, but I hardly think either of them "scores high in empathy", let alone any loyalty to TPCD.

(Oops, missed a page - I'm with Roamer on that one)

For my money she hasn't noticed. Someone at the Foxhole will. Problems will continue to multiply.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

User avatar
Voyager
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:05 am

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Voyager » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:08 pm

Invisigoth wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:36 am
There is an odd factor involved here. Piro is able to shadowstep or walk through the places in between. Recall Mugi’s amazement at his ability to travel with Miho. If he weren’t already involved in a love triangle with Miho and Kimi then he might be a good match for Megumi
I would say, probably not. Megumi has all the raw power she's ever likely to need, and then some. I think what she needs is someone warm, to be comfortable around, who she doesn't feel the need to always watch over.

She spends a lot of her time and energy taking care of other people and straightening them out, and she needs a home base where she does not need to do that, and can just relax.

Arent
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:17 pm

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Arent » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:21 pm

Ningen 2 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:33 pm
Arent wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:30 pm
I'm pretty sure Dom and Ed are still single :shock:
True, but I hardly think either of them "scores high in empathy", let alone any loyalty to TPCD.
Obviously that was a joke.

User avatar
Roamer
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Re: [1587] problem multiplication

Post by Roamer » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:11 pm

Voyager wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:08 pm
Invisigoth wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:36 am
There is an odd factor involved here. Piro is able to shadowstep or walk through the places in between. Recall Mugi’s amazement at his ability to travel with Miho. If he weren’t already involved in a love triangle with Miho and Kimi then he might be a good match for Megumi
I would say, probably not. Megumi has all the raw power she's ever likely to need, and then some. I think what she needs is someone warm, to be comfortable around, who she doesn't feel the need to always watch over.

She spends a lot of her time and energy taking care of other people and straightening them out, and she needs a home base where she does not need to do that, and can just relax.
Agreed. She needs a partner. Not a dependant who needs to be taken care of.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests