Cat

Murren

Cat

Post by Murren » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:20 am

Hello! I was just getting nostalgic about the past of MT forums and MT mafia, and wanted to post something of a "how is everyone doing?" type thread here. I hope the mods are OK with this, given that the RPGs forum has (sadly) had basically no activity since the revamp.

I only found MT and MT forums in 2011, at which time the forums were still fairly active, then over the next few years gradually turned into a complete ghost town. So I have less nostalgia about it than many, but I still have some...

I also started getting nostalgic and missing specifically the Mafia community. I hope you all are doing well.

Man, with the new forums it really feels like a checkpoint as to a new era in our lives... (and the checkpoint may be a couple years late :P )

(The new era referring to a new era in which we've moved past mafia onto other things, though I imagine that doesn't apply to everyone here meaning perhaps some still play on other forums... but I know many of us have mentioned moving on from mafia, either due to not having time, or just because of a loss of interest, or both, or neither)

But I miss you and hope you all are doing well!
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Vampirate

Re: Cat

Post by Vampirate » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Mafia just takes you so much energy and I've realized over and over I just don't have the same type of enthusiasm I once did. I wish I could reclaim that, but I can't. Still it's been one heck of a ride for me. I've gone from someone who didn't have a real clue on how to play to sorta semi knowledgeable about it.

I really do miss the community and wish there was something new that could reunite everyone like this forum once did.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Vampirate

Post by Vampirate » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Ironically enough I actually do like to talk about the game though in all its variants.

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:15 pm

I have kinda missed Mafia.

I still have Texas Ranger Mafia available, in a way. I had to reload Win 10. Even though I was smart and had it loaded onto a solid state drive and kept the two old 1.5 TB drives as data drives, it still somehow managed to screw up the permissions on some of the drives. I can't access a few of the files as a result and I have no clue as to how that can be fixed.

Still, Texas Ranger is there.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Murren

Post by Murren » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:14 am

Hey look replies

made my night a little better to see replies on this actually

Honestly I am actually surprised at just how much the activity here has decreased. I mean no replies for two months. To be honest, I wasn't expecting that.

Well, anyway, I personally am not interested in mafia because I'm too emotionally unstable lol. I got to the point where I just completely lose it when I play mafia, that's pretty much made it that I hate mafia now lol

Yeah, actually a couple years ago I was creating a "Goldeneye 007" mafia, but when I decided to quit mafia, I deleted everything in my "mafia" folder, so I don't have any of it now. It is interesting how many different variants of mafia you can have. Probably the most party-like mafia I played was Aarin's idolm@ster mafia. It was kind of more of a "go with the flow" kind of feel, there were 4 factions, it was totally cool. I guess when thinking about different styles of mafia, that one stood out to me because it was a clear-cut, 4-faction game, whereas most mafia games I played were "town" vs. "mafia" and any extra factions were secret. Now I'm remembering that Aarin threw in something, one of the factions was secretly mafia or something and they just destroyed our team right off the bat. That prompted Madogu Abuser to post one of the best memes in mafia history:

(I knew I saved that picture somewhere, finally found it)
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Vampirate

Post by Vampirate » Mon May 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Murren wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:14 am
Hey look replies

made my night a little better to see replies on this actually

Honestly I am actually surprised at just how much the activity here has decreased. I mean no replies for two months. To be honest, I wasn't expecting that.

Well, anyway, I personally am not interested in mafia because I'm too emotionally unstable lol. I got to the point where I just completely lose it when I play mafia, that's pretty much made it that I hate mafia now lol

Yeah, actually a couple years ago I was creating a "Goldeneye 007" mafia, but when I decided to quit mafia, I deleted everything in my "mafia" folder, so I don't have any of it now. It is interesting how many different variants of mafia you can have. Probably the most party-like mafia I played was Aarin's idolm@ster mafia. It was kind of more of a "go with the flow" kind of feel, there were 4 factions, it was totally cool. I guess when thinking about different styles of mafia, that one stood out to me because it was a clear-cut, 4-faction game, whereas most mafia games I played were "town" vs. "mafia" and any extra factions were secret. Now I'm remembering that Aarin threw in something, one of the factions was secretly mafia or something and they just destroyed our team right off the bat. That prompted Madogu Abuser to post one of the best memes in mafia history:

(I knew I saved that picture somewhere, finally found it)
So what are you doing nowadays?

Kinda replying to this post to get a better chance of getting your attention.

Murren

Post by Murren » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Vampirate wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:27 pm
So what are you doing nowadays?

Kinda replying to this post to get a better chance of getting your attention.
I am being crazy I guess. I work as an architectural drafter, which has been going great, and I do some music stuff (a bit of playing and composing (classical music)), so I play some tuba and trombone here and there (and sing in choir), and compose a little. My main income is the drafting though, but I also live with my parents which is mostly chill, which is good because with my mental health bs I don't know if I'd be able to support myself and be stable.

And I might do some teaching (lessons on tuba/trombone/etc.) but am not sure yet.

I've been watching a lot of people play video games on Twitch. Mostly speedrunning. I've been spending a lot of time watching that.

That's the main gist of what I've been up to lately. Haven't really been watching any anime, surprisingly.

How are you? What have you been up to?
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Murren

Post by Murren » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:37 am

Just curious... does anyone from the old mafia community check out these old forums anymore? (Aside from myself and Rapierman, who I have seen post in other topics in this forum)

I'm kinda just bored on a Friday night with nothing better to do lol, so I figured I'd check if any of the old mafia crew (whether those during my time or before my time) still come around here.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:49 pm

I think a lot of them scattered to the four winds. I do see Wave Master on Twitter from time-to-time.
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

Alexanzer

Post by Alexanzer » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 am

Lurk lurk lurk~~~
I'm around once every week or two, usually when I am wondering if a new comic has been posted since I don't frequent Twitter.

Skulkraken

Post by Skulkraken » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:18 pm

I check in on the forums every once in a while.

Sorry, but I don't think I'd have enough energy to actually play mafia again, much less host it. Job hunting (...unsuccessfully at that) is so draining...

Murren

Post by Murren » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:03 pm

Oh look!!

Hi Alexanzer and Skulkraken! Good to see you :D

Yeah I don't play mafia anymore either, was just mostly wondering about activity in the forum (and bored on a Friday night lol), as, after the forums shifted over to the new forum, I was very surprised to see how much activity dropped all throughout the forums (except Story Discussions). In the last year or two, even the Anime & Manga subforum has had a lower amount of traffic than it used to. But since I pretty much deleted all social media in the last few years, this forum is one of the few online places I check out regularly. I guess most people here probably do have social media, which is why they've kind of moved on from the forums. The only internet places I really go to regularly now are Twitch (and a little bit of activity on Discord). I mean geez, I don't even really go on YouTube anymore, except to look up an occasional video now and then.
Murrin-Murrin

My new anime list

Wave Master

Post by Wave Master » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:41 pm

I guess this is technically a massive necro but I doubt anyone cares. Was just having a sudden bout of nostalgia so I decided to look in here. Though I doubt anyone will see this, I'm alive and well on Twitter as @MasterOfWaves if anyone is looking for me. Also, my email address attached to this forum account is still current as well.

Though it was years ago, still nice to see some of you posting here~

Ningen 2

Post by Ningen 2 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:47 pm

Wave Master wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:41 pm
I doubt anyone will see this
I check for new posts pretty regularly.

I suspect this will remain a ghost town.
Image Ningen pity unfortunate individual.

S1arburst

Post by S1arburst » Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:30 pm

Wave Master wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:41 pm
I guess this is technically a massive necro but I doubt anyone cares. Was just having a sudden bout of nostalgia so I decided to look in here. Though I doubt anyone will see this, I'm alive and well on Twitter as @MasterOfWaves if anyone is looking for me. Also, my email address attached to this forum account is still current as well.

Though it was years ago, still nice to see some of you posting here~
I think I only joined 1-3 mafia games, but I know you ran at least one that I was in, and it was fun! I appreciated the game, although even back on the old forums I dropped out of mafia quickly due to lack of time. I was pretty mystified by how people were able to figure out who was mafia by conversing, but maybe I would have learned given more experience.
Just call me prissywings

Wave Master

Post by Wave Master » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:36 am

Hi Starburst! I remember that you were the unfortunate vigilante-to-be in my Haibane themed game, sadly gunned down early in the game. I hope life has been good to you since then.

S1arburst

Post by S1arburst » Fri May 05, 2023 11:34 pm

Speaking of necros...
Wave Master wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:36 am
Hi Starburst! I remember that you were the unfortunate vigilante-to-be in my Haibane themed game, sadly gunned down early in the game. I hope life has been good to you since then.
Ah, was that Haibane? I'll have to remember that. The imagery was beautiful! I'm amazed that you remember my participation.

I was also mafia in some sort of battleship themed game, our win. Although I believe that was more due to the Cat Cat person delivering wonderfully deceptive speeches rather than any amazing play on my part.

Life has been good... I don't remember what year the last couple mafia games were, but I have 3 kids now (youngest is 1), and last year we obtained ownership of a house. It's cool.

How is life for you?

Just so you know, because I liked your avatar, I found and read the Kino stories back when. Not bad.
Just call me prissywings