World of Warships

Initial B

World of Warships

Post by Initial B » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:07 am

Does anybody besides me play this game? I used to love building models of some of these ships as a kid and now I just love taking their digital representations and blowing stuff up. It's not too bad of business model that Wargaming seems to have, but they're a little Russo-centric. I only started playing in February but I've managed to level up almost all the tech tree lines to Tier 4. Most of my ships are Tier 5-6, with the T8 Bismarck a reward for completing the Hunt the Bismark quest.

shadowrunner23

Re: World of Warships

Post by shadowrunner23 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:41 pm

I play, though i'm mostly an American and Japanese cruiser captain. i've got the tier 6 ships in both.

Yana

Post by Yana » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:06 pm

I used to before WG went crazy. Mainly focused on USN DDs and CAs though I did have a couple of high tier BBs as well. The Des Moines and the Gearing were my highest tier ships, though the Scharnhorst, Bismark, and Fletcher were easily my favourites.
Not everyone was meant to stand out in legend.

Initial B

Post by Initial B » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:56 am

I'm curious Yana, what do you mean by WG going crazy? I know there are some premium ships that cost money, but I've only spend maybe $25 to buy some port slots on special and some doubloons deals. Or is it wrt Ranked Battles or power creep?
The Fletcher is what I'm working towards, but I'm using a non-premium account and I'm getting distracted by a lot of the other ship lines that are available. How long did it take you to grind to it?
And is anybody considering joining Season 7 of Ranked Battles? I've almost got a couple of Level 10 Captains and about 6 Tier VI ships to choose from.

Yana

Post by Yana » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Basically, the whole PR kerfuffle that happened about a month ago regarding copyright strikes on Youtube. I'm not legal savvy enough to explain the whole mess, but it didn't engender a lot of confidence for WG in my mind. Sure this was tanks and not ships, but at the end of the day, it's the same company.

Power creep is a very real issue in ships though. Ships like the Belfast and Saipan are simply better than any of their counterparts at their tier due to their versatility and consumable loadouts. If you're planning on doing ranked (if it's at t7 again like it was last time), if you don't have one of the agreed upon "op" tier ships to play, you're almost as good as sunk because that's what you'll almost exclusively be fighting against. The one match I played of ranked was exclusively Hiryus (t7 IJN CV), Nagatos (IJN BBs), Belfasts (RN premium CA), and Shiratsuyus (IJN DDs) with myself in a Scharnhorst.

The Fletcher took me at least a month of non-consecutive grinding since I was also working on the USN BBs and CAs at the same time. Thankfully, once you get past t3, there's no such thing as a bad USN DD. The Clemson in particular is my low-tier ship of choice just because of how much firepower is crammed into such a subtle package.
Not everyone was meant to stand out in legend.