Welcome to the new MegaTokyo Forums! The old forums are available (in read-only mode) at http://archive.forums.megatokyo.com.

Multiplayer Games

DaRk_KnIgHt

Multiplayer Games

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:43 am

What are people playing?

I've been very on and off Overwatch. When my friends play, I play to socialize. Otherwise I avoid it like the plague cause I just get tilted and salty all by myself.

Heroes of the Storm I play occasionally. I don't actually mind solo queuing here.

Mechwarrior Online is that game I play on a year on year off basis. It recently had the civil war something or another update, which advanced the timeline. So more mechs and tech are available. Heavy PPCs are hilarious.

I have friends that want to get into Destiny 2 and the new Monster Hunter, so I'll probably get roped into that nonsense in the future.

Errant Bunny

Re: Multiplayer Games

Post by Errant Bunny » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:26 pm

I play League with friends every once in a while. Would be happy to have more people to play with.

Tried picking up overwatch but couldn't get into it.

Lacronton

Post by Lacronton » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Minecraft and Warframe are my current multiplayer games.

E-l337

Post by E-l337 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:44 pm

Obligatory Overwatch because everyone does it. I mostly play competitive because I like thinking that I'm at least better than 50% of the playerbase (seriously STAND BEHIND MY GIANT BLUE RECTANGLE GEEZ). And also because I like playing the game with people who know what a damned objective is. =/

Otherwise, I've fallen down the Dark Souls rabbit hole pretty hard, and discovered the joy that is Jolly Co-operation. Looking forward to getting DS3 on the next Steamsale.

I gave up on LoL, but I've considered maybe getting into FFXIV or WoW just because so many people I know play. But then I remember why I dislike MMOs (the grind, nobody to play with, spending money every month etc).

Char
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by Char » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 am

Does Dark Souls 3 with online turned on count?

...actually I normally keep it off. Because Invasions.
As of 2017, I am still alive and kicking

E-l337

Post by E-l337 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Char wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 am
Does Dark Souls 3 with online turned on count?

...actually I normally keep it off. Because Invasions.
Invasions suck, but so does never getting to invade anybody.

... honestly I can't wait to pick up DS3 just so I can be a Purplebro. Because being a SunBro is great, and so is being a BlueBro, but PurpleBro speaks to me. Because chaos.

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:26 am

After beating DS3, I did go back to it a while just for PvP dueling. I'd go to designated spots and put down my sign. Getting summoned to a fight club is always fun.

I'd also invade random people but be as uninvader like as possible - attempting to communicate solely through gestures and shit. I once guided someone through a level as a red invader, but challenged him to a duel when we reached a bonfire. Essentially just try to do weird shit and have the giggles about the whole affair.

But mostly duels. Got tired of it after a while though.

Char
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by Char » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:02 am

After reading all the various faction items I still don't really know the difference between the various Bros other than the glowy colour. Would need to read up the Wiki just to know which one fits me - maybe it'd be Praise teh Sun \[ T ]/

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:57 am

Sunbros are the good coop people.

Blues randomly get summoned to help you if you're in that faction that gains their protection to fight off invaders.

Purples are the lol whatever people. Summon at your own risk. Either help or murder the guy who summoned you if you're purple. Can't get into boss room anyway so an inevitable betrayal needs to happen.

Then there's two groups that just get auto summoned to their respective areas to fight whoever's in it. The forest with the big crabs and the area after the Pontiff.

Char
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by Char » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:29 am

So if you're a Sunbro, do you need to actively Ember up and find signs to join someone else's game~?

E-l337

Post by E-l337 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Char wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:29 am
So if you're a Sunbro, do you need to actively Ember up and find signs to join someone else's game~?
Nope, that's the best part about laying down summon signs - large ones anyway. If you help someone beat a boss, your humanity gets restored upon returning (as well as restoring all your Estus and spells). Being a Sunbro basically just makes you glow a grossly incandescent gold, much like the sun that we worship.

So there's a definite benefit to helping other people out (besides the extra souls you get)!

edit: That said, you *do* still need to be human to see other summon signs. But helping other people gets your humanity back, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Xavon
Location: Minnesota, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Mortal Plane

Post by Xavon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Anyone else in the DIssidia Final Fantasy NT Closed Beta?

powermta

Post by powermta » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Im still playin counter strike 1.6...
PowerMTA la más efectiva empresa de publicidad mediante el envió de correos masivos.

PowerMTA Server Email | Mailing Email Server
Servidor Email PowerMTA | Enviar Correos Masivos