Multiplayer Games

DaRk_KnIgHt

Multiplayer Games

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:43 am

What are people playing?

I've been very on and off Overwatch. When my friends play, I play to socialize. Otherwise I avoid it like the plague cause I just get tilted and salty all by myself.

Heroes of the Storm I play occasionally. I don't actually mind solo queuing here.

Mechwarrior Online is that game I play on a year on year off basis. It recently had the civil war something or another update, which advanced the timeline. So more mechs and tech are available. Heavy PPCs are hilarious.

I have friends that want to get into Destiny 2 and the new Monster Hunter, so I'll probably get roped into that nonsense in the future.

Errant Bunny

Re: Multiplayer Games

Post by Errant Bunny » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:26 pm

I play League with friends every once in a while. Would be happy to have more people to play with.

Tried picking up overwatch but couldn't get into it.

Lacronton

Post by Lacronton » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Minecraft and Warframe are my current multiplayer games.
"Real Life has all people by the balls. Most are painfully aware of this, others are surprised, then there are those freaks that whisper 'squeeze harder.'" -- Lacronton April 15th, 2018

E-l337

Post by E-l337 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:44 pm

Obligatory Overwatch because everyone does it. I mostly play competitive because I like thinking that I'm at least better than 50% of the playerbase (seriously STAND BEHIND MY GIANT BLUE RECTANGLE GEEZ). And also because I like playing the game with people who know what a damned objective is. =/

Otherwise, I've fallen down the Dark Souls rabbit hole pretty hard, and discovered the joy that is Jolly Co-operation. Looking forward to getting DS3 on the next Steamsale.

I gave up on LoL, but I've considered maybe getting into FFXIV or WoW just because so many people I know play. But then I remember why I dislike MMOs (the grind, nobody to play with, spending money every month etc).

Char
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by Char » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 am

Does Dark Souls 3 with online turned on count?

...actually I normally keep it off. Because Invasions.
Forums are funny objects since social media became a thing

E-l337

Post by E-l337 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Char wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 am
Does Dark Souls 3 with online turned on count?

...actually I normally keep it off. Because Invasions.
Invasions suck, but so does never getting to invade anybody.

... honestly I can't wait to pick up DS3 just so I can be a Purplebro. Because being a SunBro is great, and so is being a BlueBro, but PurpleBro speaks to me. Because chaos.

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:26 am

After beating DS3, I did go back to it a while just for PvP dueling. I'd go to designated spots and put down my sign. Getting summoned to a fight club is always fun.

I'd also invade random people but be as uninvader like as possible - attempting to communicate solely through gestures and shit. I once guided someone through a level as a red invader, but challenged him to a duel when we reached a bonfire. Essentially just try to do weird shit and have the giggles about the whole affair.

But mostly duels. Got tired of it after a while though.

Char
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by Char » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:02 am

After reading all the various faction items I still don't really know the difference between the various Bros other than the glowy colour. Would need to read up the Wiki just to know which one fits me - maybe it'd be Praise teh Sun \[ T ]/

DaRk_KnIgHt

Post by DaRk_KnIgHt » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:57 am

Sunbros are the good coop people.

Blues randomly get summoned to help you if you're in that faction that gains their protection to fight off invaders.

Purples are the lol whatever people. Summon at your own risk. Either help or murder the guy who summoned you if you're purple. Can't get into boss room anyway so an inevitable betrayal needs to happen.

Then there's two groups that just get auto summoned to their respective areas to fight whoever's in it. The forest with the big crabs and the area after the Pontiff.

Char
Super Mod
Super Mod

Post by Char » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:29 am

So if you're a Sunbro, do you need to actively Ember up and find signs to join someone else's game~?

E-l337

Post by E-l337 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:26 pm

Char wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:29 am
So if you're a Sunbro, do you need to actively Ember up and find signs to join someone else's game~?
Nope, that's the best part about laying down summon signs - large ones anyway. If you help someone beat a boss, your humanity gets restored upon returning (as well as restoring all your Estus and spells). Being a Sunbro basically just makes you glow a grossly incandescent gold, much like the sun that we worship.

So there's a definite benefit to helping other people out (besides the extra souls you get)!

edit: That said, you *do* still need to be human to see other summon signs. But helping other people gets your humanity back, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Xavon
Location: Minnesota, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Mortal Plane

Post by Xavon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Anyone else in the DIssidia Final Fantasy NT Closed Beta?

Malagate

Post by Malagate » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:51 pm

I'm just playing a lot of Depth, like every day, to grind out those delicious points to unlock more chests...just over a week to go and I want at least one more gold chest...

Otherwise I only play Dark Souls games years after everyone else has, so I may go through Dark Souls 2 again if the Depth environment gets too toxic. I won't be getting Dark Souls 3 until there's a big sale on (or if they release a GOTY version that has all the DLC as standard).

Genshie

Post by Genshie » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 pm

Not that much activity goes on here but just like to drop a post from old user to the next:

Currently playing
Dead by Daylight: The Trickster is sure different as a killer in terms of style/cosmetic but like many have mention I think the developers are just afraid of making killers good or efficient. Making unique killers is not a problem in terms of look but efficiently has been on a downward spiral since the release of Blight.
Overwatch: Hey at least we are still getting new maps? Overwatch 2 for the love of all that is holy!
Apex: I am getting sick of being forced to play new modes that are coming out almost weekly now! However not content starved like I am in Overwatch so there is a plus!
FF14: I am paying for a sub and I really need to get on it again before the new expansion comes out.

Zero

Post by Zero » Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:06 pm

I pretty much only play fighting games these days when it comes to multiplayer. I play just about all of them, though.
Proud owner of The Nintendo Cereal System™

Rapierman

Post by Rapierman » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:02 pm

I've done mostly the Tomb Raiders series. I've done some of the Doom series and the original Wolfenstein 3-D. Started OW about 3 years ago. Currently sub-500 Bronze level, working on climbing up. I used to play Populous a long time ago. That game is outdated now.
E-133T wrote:Obligatory Overwatch because everyone does it. I mostly play competitive because I like thinking that I'm at least better than 50% of the playerbase (seriously STAND BEHIND MY GIANT BLUE RECTANGLE GEEZ). And also because I like playing the game with people who know what a damned objective is. =/
What rank/SR?
The Rapierman: Intelligence with a sword and a smile.

cidjen

Post by cidjen » Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:14 pm

Ancient history, and s/p only, I went through Quake I and Quake II campaigns before an online mode was even a thing or because I did not have a permanent internet connection back then ( ). Therefore of online shooters, I kinda like the free incarnation of what was the free version of Nexuiz and what Xonotic now is. Because of the art obv. And the carnage, do not forget the carnage. Who cares about ranks, these games are like 3d shooter versions of the chaotic happy carnage of Slither.io, for what I care.

Of RPG MMORPG genre, i was into WoW (my character of a Lv20 light magic capable warrior not-at-all modelled after the Witcher is still there and pretty much went into a lot of forbidden crannies it should not have on all continents it could reach, I played him to just explore the world with what I had available without paying for subscription and I still could continue).
Слава Україні!
🖕💩🥫🚽🖌️
--------
Translation to polish
and where it happens when I have time to stream

Blessed be those, who, having nothing to say, avoid trying to tell this to the world in their own words - J. Tuwim ( liberally translated )