As a Kickstarter Backer, I have a question

Fr0stb1t3

As a Kickstarter Backer, I have a question

Post by Fr0stb1t3 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:17 am

This is directed @paarfi

I started playing VN's again recently and thought to myself, you know.. it's been a while since I've seen ANYTHING from Megatokyo.
I had to signed up for a forum account again, this will be my third time creating a forum account over the last 7 years.

I have had a quick look around but I don't have idle time like I used to trawl through forums looking for information.
I have had a look at Fred's posts in recent years and while I sympathize he seriously has let a lot of people down including himself
of which I am sure he is well aware.

I pledged a medium tier level with some nice Megagear in it, from what I can tell at least in the past, none of this has been sent to anyone?
I have certainly never received any emails regarding merchandise shipping details.

Did I miss the memo and people got their gear or is it a it will happen we promise type scenario.
Forgive my skepticism but after 7 years, it's a bit of a joke regardless of the circumstances.
I am still hopeful however no matter how much of a long shot it does appear to be.

Looking forward to some kind of response, fingers and all other appendages crossed.

Regards,
Fr0stb1t3

paarfi
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: As a Kickstarter Backer, I have a question

Post by paarfi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:15 pm

Fr0stb1t3 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:17 am
This is directed @paarfi
You have not missed anything. No rewards for the vn kickstarter have been shipped yet.

Fred is still trying to get things moving again on MT projects but has struggled with yet more family health problems and similar issues. He has also had to take a part-time job to help pay the medical bills, and that has left him less able to get things done on MT projects. He's trying to rebalance that and hopefully things will start improving again.

The plan is still:
1) Get the comics flowing again at the rate promised to the Patreon supporters
2) Then get the backlog of orders from the MegaGear store shipped
3) Then get back to the vn

I'm sorry the whole vn thing has gone so poorly, and I know Fred is just miserable over it. Like you, I am still hopeful that something can come of it. I don't know what that will look like, and I don't expect Fred knows right now either. He's really just focusing on today's problems as he scrambles to try to catch up on everything and keep things afloat.

Please keep your contact info up-to-date on kickstarter. That way he won't miss you accidentally when there is news.

I hope that helps some.
Proud owner of kendermouse's 500th post.
Lean and slippered forum loon

Arent

Post by Arent » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:54 am

paarfi wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:15 pm
Fr0stb1t3 wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:17 am
This is directed @paarfi
had to take a part-time job to help pay the medical bills, and that has left him less able to get things done on MT projects.

The plan is still:
1) Get the comics flowing again at the rate promised to the Patreon supporters
2) Then get the backlog of orders from the MegaGear store shipped
3) Then get back to the vn
As I said elsewhere, just hire a visual novel studio to do the job. That could even result in a lot of money so that Fred doesn't have to do any part time jobs anymore.

Fr0stb1t3

Post by Fr0stb1t3 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:30 am

@paarfi
Thank you for updating me.

@Arent
Fred isn't the kind of guy who delegates, Megatokyo is personal to him.
He isn't going to let someone he doesn't have a longstanding relationship with work on his life's work.

It may serve as a negative for him and has done so due to the circumstances he has found himself
in and not all of them are of his own making and have gone towards putting him in his current predicament.
But he wouldn't feel right and I get it.

For people less understanding or lacking in the facts or life experiences it can seem a whole lot of bs and excuses.

Also your comment, just hire a vn studio, have you not been paying attention.
He is seriously lacking in funds due to family medical bills.

Arent

Post by Arent » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:42 am

Fr0stb1t3 wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:30 am

Also your comment, just hire a vn studio, have you not been paying attention.
He is seriously lacking in funds due to family medical bills.
I assume he set aside the 200000$ from the Kickstarter. A small, simple vn of the first chapter could be done for maybe 30000$.

That he might not want to delegate is completely understandable. But then there will most likely not be a megatokyo vn. The day only has 24h.